• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

drac96

Okay, I have a question about some missions...

What is happening to me in the Race missions. I noticed the issue during the first one. The only reason I won the first one was because the other car broke down. For some reason it seems like my acceleration stops completely even though I am holding down R2 the entire time. I thought that maybe it was just the game making it seem like I was going to lose.

However, in the first mission I was doing fine the entire time until near the end of the first lap. I did my boost, and then did a heat action. Once the heat action was over no matter what I did I couldn't get the car to accelerate, so I lost a ton of speed and the opponent blew past me.

Is anyone else using a DS4? Could it be that the game is dropping my R2 input, or does the car stop accelerating when you hit a certain speed and need to cool down or something?

MYeager

I'm really tempted to pick this up...I've never played a Yakuza game before. Is it similar to Sleeping Dogs?

Not really. It's much more of a brawler than Sleeping Dogs, and the driving parts regulated to a specific side mission for one character, you can't just drive all the time. There are guns but they're awkward. The city size is smaller but highly detailed. There's a lot more side content.

5taquitos

What is happening to me in the Race missions. I noticed the issue during the first one. The only reason I won the first one was because the other car broke down. For some reason it seems like my acceleration stops completely even though I am holding down R2 the entire time. I thought that maybe it was just the game making it seem like I was going to lose.

However, in the first mission I was doing fine the entire time until near the end of the first lap. I did my boost, and then did a heat action. Once the heat action was over no matter what I did I couldn't get the car to accelerate, so I lost a ton of speed and the opponent blew past me.

Is anyone else using a DS4? Could it be that the game is dropping my R2 input, or does the car stop accelerating when you hit a certain speed and need to cool down or something?

It is absolutely because you're using the DS4, others in this thread are having the same problems.

MYeager

Other folks have mentioned this and they were all using a DS4. I never noticed this issue when playing with a DS3.

5taquitos

"The somewhat hard noodles were thoroughly infused with the thick pork-bone soup. It's very rich and satisfying."

this game makes me so hungry

I'm really tempted to pick this up...I've never played a Yakuza game before. Is it similar to Sleeping Dogs?

Quoting myself from another thread:
As a Yakuza fan I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs a lot, so hopefully it works the other way around as well. But you need to understand that Yakuza is not exactly like SD. There are lots of similarities between the two titles but lots of differences as well.

Guns are very rare in Yakuza games and you can't shoot in a TPS fashion. You can't drive cars in the same way that you do in SD. Open world aspect of the game is not nearly as big as SD and it's on a much smaller scale but way more detailed and has tons of activities and mini-games.

Yakuza titles are very well done Japanese organized crime drama brawler titles with really captivating story and characters and tons of crazy and serious side quests and activities that will completely drown you in their worlds. Their gameplays are super fun as well (and pretty similar to hand to hand fighting in SD actually, maybe just a little less brutal and more open) so you'll be enjoying these games for hours and hours.

Just don't go in expecting Japanese GTA cause that's not Yakuza,

As a fellow SD fan I really think that you will love Yakuza series as well so I think you should give Zero a try.

I said that regarding a question about Zero but it really applies to all Yakuza games.

Though you might feel a little lost if you jump directly to 5. Try playing 4 first if you can or at the very least watch a recap of 4 before playing Y5. (there is a link for Y4's recap in OP)

SxP

And of course, installing takes over an hour. You just don't realize how many things suck on the PS3 until you're forced to use it again.

Go_Ly_Dow

Wait, you need 44GB free to download it?

Fuck sake. Have a 60GB PS3, gonna literally have to format the thing and delete everything.

Ugh.

Stuart444

So just beat (spoilers for Kiryu's racing sub-story):
the devil killer's and heard from Nakajima about his wife... ;_; poor guy.

Peff

Agreed. :( Is that the Gospels of Judas song? Hope it's the only removal... though if that's the leit motif theme, that's gonna suck.

Crap, it is their track.

The fact that that's seemingly the only thing that didn't make the cut is honestly quite impressive, especially when we're talking about a game that includes a game from a different company and a bunch of scanned manga chapters.

I still wish there had been a way to get a physical edition, but ah, well. It feels almost nostalgic to go back after all these years. The combat may not be as smooth as Ishin but the extra stuff versus 4 and the difficulty being more similar to Yakuza 3 are great things.

And of course, that arcade alone is worth the price of admission.

SephLuis

This is probably because the DS3 Triggers are sensitive to pressure while DS4 are purely digital. This is probably one of the few games that uses the triggers as a analog input. So the inputs aren't being correctly registered.

ProfessorPuzzle

Neo Member
Really enjoying the street racing minigame. Hard to pick from the awesome eurobeat, Magical Sound Shower and Let's Go Away as the music though.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
is the VF2 netcode not working? i havent gotten a single match... and it's launch day.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
ok i got a match and the netcode is
ATROCIOUS

omg shouldve just used existing PSN port... its like 300mb

Just started the game and got all the UFO catcher figures. Is there a place in game to display these or what? They're clogging up my inventory.

Kensuke

Is there any point to playing Shogi against the guy near the eastern river? I beat him and he didn't give me anything, just asked for a rematch. :/

I keep getting an error trying to download this game.
The error is 80710103 and looking on google they sugest resseting the modem. Ths weird things is i tried downloading another game (singstar) and worked fine. Does anybody has the same problem?

Well I played about 4 or so hours worth and there is just so much to do, it's fantastic. The only minor problem is the DS4 driving stuff but it's not really the games problem. I don't really have any DS3's that work any more. My go to Red one just throws out random inputs and in fact quit the game for me meaning I had to do a sizeable chunk again. The only one I have that works surprisingly is a fake one my older brother bought ages ago. I used it to play through Yakuza 4 so I guess it will have to step up and do its job once again.

The game is wonderful though, wish I could play more but I will have to wait until tomorrow at 6pm.

Amiibro

bought this game and I have Y4 as well, going to buy 3 on payday. Not sure I am willing to pay the price for Y2 on PS2, its a bit out of hand.

How bad would it be for me just to jump strait into Y5? or even if I played Y4 first. I can always go back and play Y4/3 and maybe get 2/1 someday. Been watching videos and interviews for 5 and Im pretty excited about it, not sure I could play through an earlier game just to get to 5.

I hope sometime soon they have Y1 + 2 on PS2 classics on PS4, if we can't get the HD versions on PS3.

Redx508

Well I played about 4 or so hours worth and there is just so much to do, it's fantastic. The only minor problem is the DS4 driving stuff but it's not really the games problem. I don't really have any DS3's that work any more. My go to Red one just throws out random inputs and in fact quit the game for me meaning I had to do a sizeable chunk again. The only one I have that works surprisingly is a fake one my older brother bought ages ago. I used it to play through Yakuza 4 so I guess it will have to step up and do its job once again.

The game is wonderful though, wish I could play more but I will have to wait until tomorrow at 6pm.

my DS3 also had random inputs this was the fix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdhBl-cixDI

Yawnier

Banned
Have put a few hours into this game this evening and man, this game is just loaded with content aside from the main story. Random substories, taxi missions, driving missions, looking at the different stores, etc.

Every time I go to do main story things I get distracted by side content lol.

They have letter ranks for hostesses now.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

VtjQ7u5.gif

Top Bottom