• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yes, Virginia, there IS a Tuesdayton! FE DS! MONSTER HUNTER...WII? SONIKU IN SUMABURA

Mandoric

Banned
Nintendo's holding a closed-door conference today; invitations were apparently very limited, to a few per company, leading to speculation that something significant will be announced, but exact details are limited due to the nonpublic nature of the event.

Likely speculation:
* Final dates and details for WiiFit and SSBM, as well as first-party titles that haven't been released domestically like Metroid.
* Date and price for DVD Wii previously announced as "2H2007".
* Date and price for DS Oneseg tuner previously announced as "2007, under \10000"
* WiiWare details.
* 2008 preliminary first-party lineup, with an announcement or two.

:lol :lol :lol2ch:lol :lol :lol speculation:
* New Wii colors
* New sense game using Wii Fit
* Wii Animal Crossing (WiFi support)
* Lots of other first-party titles, both Wii and DS
* Matsuno's unannounced SRPG series
* Surprise announcement of FF13 Haeresis for Wii
* Romancing SaGa 2 remake for Wii
* On the DS, new SaGa and Mana titles.
* From Bandai Namco, Wii GGen Spirits Complete, new SRW series, new Gundam action title, DS Gundam 00 spinoff
* From Capcom, new original action games for both Wii and DS
* From Konami for the Wii, Suikoden 6, a new music title, Winning Eleven, and then Yugioh for DS
* From Sega, the newest Sonic title, Outrun Wii, Afterburner Wii, House of the Dead Wii
* Also for the Wii, Armored Core and FPS-style fantasy game from From, Phantom series from N1, Atelier series from Gust

Actual information will probably trickle in over the next few days; until then, what's GAF's general perception of what will pop up?

Actual info:
MONHUN 3 WII
SSBX delayed to 1/24, Sonic/Super Sonic confirmed
MKWii: Spring '08, includes motorcycles, packed with steering wheel shell
Wiiware \8800, 1st Dec
FF:CC "Small King and Promised Land" country sim WIIWARE DLC ONLY 2008/3
DS demos from Wii online
Wii will suggest games based on votes
FIRE EMBLEM DS
Mario Baseball Stadium
Wii Wars---likely Battalion Wars 2
Wii Music
Mario Kart Wii
WiiWare Pokemon Rancher
WiiWare Dr Mario
WiiWare Mojipittan
WiiWare Star Soldier R
IWATA LIEK BARCHART

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I predict a new color for Japan, a few Holiday DS 1st party releases, dates for Smash and Wii Fit, and at least 2-3 2008 Wii announcements.

BERIEVE

ff13 spin off would be great news

ANIMAL CROSSING! please announce this.

An all new animal crossing built from the ground up on wii would sell so much.. considering basically the n64 version sold around 10 million copies + worldwide.

n64, gamecube and ds versions are all pretty much the same game.

So if they take a huge leap and add tons of stuff this game will be massive. like smash brothers massive in japan for sure

-Kingdom Hearts III exclusive
-Mario Paintball (developed by Retro)
-Red Steel II teaser
-New Sonic
-Nintendogs II
-Are You Smarter Than Your Grandkids DS/Wii

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Don't tease me with SaGa, unless you're going to deliver. Hard. :(

Firestorm

I want to see:
- Playable Smash
- Playable Smash
- Playable Smash
- Playable Smash
- Playable Smash
- Playable Smash
- Playable Smash
- New 3rd Party Smash character

Anyway, what time does this start in Japan and USA?

schuelma

Firestorm said:
Anyway, what time does this start in Japan and USA?

The U.S.A one is tomorrow night in Cali, so late tomorrow Eastern time.

Firestorm

schuelma said:
The U.S.A one is tomorrow night in Cali, so late tomorrow Eastern time.

If it starts at 7:00 PM Pacific and I'm stuck in transit for an hour without internet I'll kiiilll :( No exact time? How about Japan?

And who's blogging? Kohler, IGN, 1up?

Outside the rumours in the first post that don't make much sense, it is quite obvious to expect some announcements from Nintendo. Q4 confirmations are obvious, but Q1 2008 is necessary at least for USA and Japan.

This means that I don't expect big things, but I expect DEFINITELY something new, and, overall, big confirmations: Mario Kart Wii for example. But I don't expect Wii Fit to be announced for USA, because before Nintendo hasto test it in Japan. if it is a flop (but it won't), obviously I doubt that it will reach the occident. But, I repeat: this is almost impossible. In addition, games like Disaster should begin to emerge. Shortly, this conference should reveal new things. Otherwise, why should Nintendo make a press conference ?

effzee

Aeana said:
All of those things sound reasonable by themselves, but when added together...

Well... :)

yeah if all that was announced at once it would be prolly the biggest set of announcements ever.

Firestorm

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Outside the rumours in the first post that don't make much sense, it is quite obvious to expect some announcements from Nintendo. Q4 confirmations are obvious, but Q1 2008 is necessary at least for USA and Japan.

This means that I don't expect big things, but I expect DEFINITELY something new. Otherwise, why should Nintendo make a press conference ?

Well, new isn't always megaton. Remember E3 2007. Wii Fit was new too =(

schuelma

Mithos Yggdrasill said:

This means that I don't expect big things, but I expect DEFINITELY something new. Otherwise, why should Nintendo make a press conference ?

Exactly. I also expect some sort of new hardware for Japan- a new color or a DVD enabled unit.

Also possibly a significant 3rd party game or two will be announced as well.

bryehn

Mithos Yggdrasill said:

To tell you how well they're doing of course!

Honestly, I don't expect much out of this except for some more Super Smash Bros. and WiiFit hype.

schuelma

So to be sure, we probably won't hear about everything right away correct?

FoneBone

Firestorm said:
If it starts at 7:00 PM Pacific and I'm stuck in transit for an hour without internet I'll kiiilll :( No exact time? How about Japan?

And who's blogging? Kohler, IGN, 1up?
It's a closed door thing. Nobody's likely to be able to blog, and info will probably emerge pretty slowly.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
So the speculation is as follows...

Take every major publisher and franchise and put the name "Wii" after their titles

bryehn said:
To tell you how well they're doing of course!

Honestly, I don't expect much out of this except for some more Super Smash Bros. and WiiFit hype.

As edited in my post above, I expect something new about Mario Kart Wii. If not, probably it will be delayed until Q2 and this is bad for Nintendo's planning.

If Nintendo excludes Mario Kart for Q1 is because they think that the trio Wii Fit, Smash and Galaxy will sell enough even in Q1, like the Brain games, Animal Crossing WW, Mario Kart DS and NSMB have done on Nintendo DS (for an entire year and more actually...)

Oh, just forgot: Nintendo has NOT A SINGLE BIG DS TITLE announced. They will probably announce something at this conference. I hope New Super Mario Bros. II.

Firestorm

FoneBone said:
It's a closed door thing. Nobody's likely to be able to blog, and info will probably emerge pretty slowly.

That's no fun =( I'll keep hopes up until someone confirms my crushed dreams of seeing smash gameplay video tomorrow.

true Gek

*From Konami for the Wii, Suikoden 6, a new music title, Winning Eleven, and then Yugioh for DS
* From Sega, the newest Sonic title, Outrun Wii, Afterburner Wii, House of the Dead Wii

:lol

Saitou

Banned
Isn't this basically a retail get-together to plan for the holiday season?

I doubt any actual information relevant to forumites' interest will be discussed if this is the case.

Tiktaalik

Hopefully they'll announce some new 1st party DS games. Aside from Advance Wars 2, I don't know if there is anything else for the future announced.

Saitou said:

I doubt any actual information relevant to forumites' interest will be discussed if this is the case.

Press was invited, and they just had a retailer meeting not to long ago.

New chart made using Excel

New powerpoint containing charts made with Excel

New text made by keyboard containing numerical sales figures

Estimations for sales for the year made by Analysts

Tiktaalik

The Abominable Snowman said:
New chart made using Excel

New powerpoint containing charts made with Excel

New text made by keyboard containing numerical sales figures

Estimations for sales for the year made by Analysts

Two hours of YouTube videos

Mandoric

Banned
Saitou said:

Yomiuri's short blip on it mentioned dev houses being on the list, so there's probably at least a little more going on. That said, the safe/sane bet is that it'll peg down primarily release info for the next few months, yes.

Of course, with the gaping void that's Wii 1Q and DS 4Q/1Q, and the variants and accessories for both that have previously been announced for 2007 but haven't shown up yet, that should be enough to pique serious, if not fanboy, interest. We could probably make a few pages on DVD Wii alone.

shinsnake

Banned
TheKingsCrown said:
lol; how come something hasn't leaked yet?

Why would it? This is Nintendo, not the federal government snooping on al-Qaeda. Leaks are very easy to keep if all parties in possession of the information share common goals. If IGN wanted to bring down the Iwata administration or kill all the pikmins in the Wii, I guarantee you'd see as many leaks as the NY Times reports.

Firestorm

shinsnake said:
Why would it? This is Nintendo, not the federal government snooping on al-Qaeda. Leaks are very easy to keep if all parties in possession of the information share common goals. If IGN wanted to bring down the Iwata administration or kill all the pikmins in the Wii, I guarantee you'd see as many links as the NY Times reports.

Someone must really want to destroy Sony and Microsoft.
Actually, and Nintendo where everything in their E3 2006 conference was leaked a week in advance (via early copies of EGM I believe).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
shinsnake said:
Why would it? This is Nintendo, not the federal government snooping on al-Qaeda. Leaks are very easy to keep if all parties in possession of the information share common goals. If IGN wanted to bring down the Iwata administration or kill all the pikmins in the Wii, I guarantee you'd see as many leaks as the NY Times reports.

This is probably the worst post I've ever read on GAF.

shinsnake

Banned
Firestorm said:
Someone must really want to destroy Sony and Microsoft.
Actually, and Nintendo where everything in their E3 2006 conference was leaked a week in advance (via early copies of EGM I believe).

There's always someone out there that wants to destroy Microsoft.

I don't remember E3 2006. What leaked early?

shinsnake

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
This is probably the worst post I've ever read on GAF.

Which means a lot to me, thanks. Truth often makes for bad posting. Cats and stats FTW!

Mandoric said:
GAFnet becomes self-aware at 12:42 P.M., October 9th.

And followed shortly thereafter by the best post I've ever read on GAF. :lol

Top Bottom