• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida: Sony Bend's PS4 Game Will Make You Panic

SgtCobra

Did somebody just say Jak? Take my money now Sony because that would make me buy a PS4 immediately
After the stock shortages have ended

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You have a nice list?

...Am I on it?

Maybe...

Anyway, the listing seems broad. But damn, they're demanding quite a lot of experience (5 years!). Sony really wants the best to work in first party games.

zod18

Banned
Bend has some hidden potential, a bit like Ready At Dawn. I hope they have high ambitions with their PS4 title.

Arondight

It's like they played and studied Uncharted 2 to figure out why so many people loved it, then did the exact opposite in all aspects THEN tacked on a bunch of touch gimmicks to be like "hey look we heard cellphone games are popular XD"

I'm not gonna write them off just yet, but this game is gonna have to have some damn good trailers to get me to even pay attention.

AGREED.

I haven't played the any other Uncharted game but wow, that game was bad. If it wasn't the touch gimmicks, it was the confined linear paths that made it feel like a cheap IOS runner game mixed in with duck shooting mechanics. The story was also boring and wanted to skip every cut scene. I also remember an interview how they said they wouldn't implement any gimmicks and they did the exact opposite. What a disappointment and even my love and nostalgia for Syphon Filter dropped of a cliff when I played this game.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn't panic mean that it's a survival horror game? I don't see how a new Jak or Syphon Filter would invoke panic.

Could also be a game set after a terrorist attack. Panic!

And so we would get our Syphon Filter next gen game!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Syphon Filter confirmation?

http://i.imgur.com/uPF6ahK.png[IMG]

I was super bummed out when Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 4 got cancelled.[/QUOTE]
Isn't that made by Irem?

I really2 want the sequel to come out...i feel like Orpheus who's a few step away to escape hell, then look back and see that his wife is gone...

Wouldn't panic mean that it's a survival horror game? I don't see how a new Jak or Syphon Filter would invoke panic.

A viral pandemic would be pretty panic-worthy. It would be kind of cool to have a shooter/stealth game set in that kind of situation, society going insane around you but you still have a mission to carry out, all that shit

Damn it I'm never going to stop holding out hope for a new Syphon Filter

Other devs are OK, but sony should sell Guerilla Games as fast as possible. I don't believe Shuhei Yoshida in truth likes their games. Soulless, technical showcases with awful stories and dialogue. If the lates Killzone wasn't a launch game, it would sell deservedly less.

No evidence, but alcohol fueled predictions and judgements are never wrong.

Edit: Breaking news. The developer of Flappy Beard just played Killzone Shadowfall and it made him resign from the business.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Project Siren is working on Gravity Rush 2 unfortunately.

I blame all the people that skipped out on Siren: BC. Sure the episodic structure made it horrible to download but the game was sooooo worth it.

"Unfortunately".

There's always a chance that they work on it after it!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
For all the niceties last generation brought none of the games made me experience more intense emotions than games from the generation previous. I half expect theres something to this, this generation is gonna bring some serious shit on the graphical side of things and it might just be enough to make the actual experience of playing a game measurably more intense than last gen. Especially in stealth/horror genres.

sn00zer

wM7Cd8q.jpg

It's obvious.

YYYYYEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS......also damn this game for not being on PSN

dolabla

Project Siren is working on Gravity Rush 2 unfortunately.

I blame all the people that skipped out on Siren: BC. Sure the episodic structure made it horrible to download but the game was sooooo worth it.

Damn, I really hope we see a new Siren on the PS4. They're a great studio and could do some great things with the PS4.

sublimit

Banned
No disrespect to Yoshida (i love the man) but as i said in a similar thread: Blah blah fucking blah.

Talk is cheap.Show us the games or STFU.

Sotha_Sil

I'm interested in what they're working on. They've always been a pretty solid studio, they just never grew like some of the other SCE studios.

They are? Outlast was made by 11 people, and Bend has at least 5 times that on staff.
True but this game will likely have more missions, more cutscenes, more environments and a bigger budget then outlast
No disrespect to Yoshida (i love the man) but as i said in a similar thread: Blah blah fucking blah.

Talk is cheap.Show us the games or STFU.

You know this thread is from November right?

Top Bottom