• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zoe Quinn #meToo / Alec Holowka suicide -- Update: Article questions ZQ's account of events (link in OP)

decisions

This is incredibly sad. Rest in peace. This guy did some bad things but if I'm reading this right he got help and changed his behavior?

Jesus Christ how do people in the games industry keep getting fooled into thinking ERA's people are the good guys? Helped drive Etika and this guy towards suicide. Don't understand forgiveness. Shut it down.

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
This is incredibly sad. Rest in peace. This guy did some bad things but if I'm reading this right he got help and changed his behavior?

Jesus Christ how do people in the games industry keep getting fooled into thinking ERA's people are the good guys? Helped drive Etika and this guy towards suicide. Don't understand forgiveness. Shut it down.

This is the bit I dont get. I understand victims need justice, but it's like they have no concept of rehabilitation and personal growth. Unless it's a guy who directed a marvel movie.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
As someone that's recently struggled with thoughts of suicide, this is weighing on me more than it should.

Be okay everyone.

Take care of yourself too.

Everyone in here, you’re all good people and make this community great.

I am going to disconnect for a bit and play some games. Got a backlog a mile high.

Everyone take care of yourselves as well. Recharge if you feel you need it. It’s important to.

cormack12

Gold Member
Im an unhinged lonely digital sociopath :(

That's OK. We will let our willies kiss

giphy.gif

Last edited:
S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Take care of yourself too.

Everyone in here, you’re all good people and make this community great.

I am going to disconnect for a bit and play some games. Got a backlog a mile high.

Everyone take care of yourselves as well. Recharge if you feel you need it. It’s important to.

Enjoy. Get yourself refreshed.

Caffeine

lets say the allegations become false, he was not in the best mental state. The fact that she started a hate mob toward him causing him additional mental instability leading to him killing himself yes she including anyone in that hate mob basically killed him.

Except the victim isn't a victim until proven in a court of law.

he might have done some bad things in the past and bettered himself with help, the world isn't black or white people change. isn't that what the progressive forum is about change? why are they so binary all of a sudden.

MastAndo

I hope everyone here struggling with their own issues can take the time and if necessary, get the help needed to turn things around...getting away for a while from all this vitriol that surrounds us on the internet might be a good idea. Best of luck to you, brothers (and sisters).

lifa-cobex

I can't really see any repercussions coming from this.
It will just mean that Zoe and friends really do have power over peoples lives.
I don't think we will ever discover the truth of what happened but I certainly won't just take the allegations from Zoe Fucking Quinn.

The lesson to learn from this is, stay the fuck away from Quinn. It's poison.

This shit is fucked.

cormack12

Gold Member
What a shit show of events.

If she was lying, I hope this haunts her for the rest of her life.

I dunno, it sounds like this was ages ago. Looks like he been through therapy and tried to right a few wrongs in his past, then she dropped this ghost and all the shit just sent him spiralling. Which makes it sadder tbh. She also conveniently decided to take a break from social media since last night....

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
As I’ve said before on this website, you wonder why suicide rates are up? Social media has a major major part in it. We don’t look at people as human beings anymore, we look at them as objects, as usernames and avatars. Behind those avatars are real people with families and friends and sometimes kids. They have feelings, and they hurt. They are nuanced and not binary. Sometimes good people do shitty things. I’m not saying this guy was good or wasn’t, but I’m saying this culture is toxic.

If anyone here is depressed and needs someone to talk to shoot me a private message any time. You don’t need to know someone personally to help them ❤

You matter, even if you don’t feel that way.

Last edited:

Ailike

I dunno, it sounds like this was ages ago. Looks like he been through therapy and tried to right a few wrongs in his past, then she dropped this ghost and all the shit just sent him spiralling. Which makes it sadder tbh. She also conveniently decided to take a break from social media since last night....
What kills me is the timing. ZQ has had more tracks drop after the fact than Tupac. How many more does she have stored up for when it would benefit her?

Chromata

My heart goes out to his family, I cannot imagine what he must have went through. I hope the internet and media give them space and allow them to grieve.

The same crowds that verbally abused Hollowka online are now offering condolences to his family. Some aren't even doing that. Disgusting.

Zoe, maybe next time think twice before unleashing the hate mob on someone over an issue that could be resolved more privately and officially (at least try out the justice system first?). I don't want to vilify her because I don't believe she intended this and she was right to come out with it, but throwing someone into the Twitter fire is not the way to go.

Hate mob, maybe next time stop to think about the potential consequences of your actions.

Something tells me this is all in vain and nothing will change.

Last edited:

GrayChild

I never thought I would be legitimately upset by this... But I am...

Every day I start missing the 90s/early 00s more and more. And I now fully believe it's not just a simple nostalgia. Society was much better back then, life was easier back then.

I really hope Alec's family get their revenge on that schizo cunt.

McCheese

Oh shit, what a tragic turn of events. The guy was accused of some terrible shit and lost almost everything without even a trial, sounds like he really didn't have anybody in his corner on this one.

I hope his death isn't the end of it, and somebody makes Zoe face the music and either provide some evidence or get charged with manslaughter.

Last edited:

Holammer

Why would his sister lie? She doesn't flat out say he took his own life, but she definitely implies it

It could be a sick social experiment for all we know. I can't know for sure on one person's say so.
Her latest *specifically said* tweet raises even more questions, did the leave a suicide note?

It has been designed from the ground up to be addictive because that equals profit. It is metaphorical tobacco and the companies pushers. Tobacco guys are jealous because San Francisco/Seattle tech psychopaths get access to kids.
And no anti social media lobby to 'convince' politicians. Most people are too weak minded for social media.

Saber

Gold Member

I'm not feeling well after reading this. Even more in a case of suicide. The internet make these abobination so strong that I feel like people lost their humanity.

This guy should not be allowed to post anything on internet. This guy should not even allowed to speak. I'm ashamed to read this.

Last edited:
I'm not feeling well after reading this. Even more in a case of suicide. The internet make these abobination so strong that I feel like people lost their humanity.

This guy should not be allowed to post anything on internet. This guy should not even allowed to speak. I'm ashamed to read this.
So you're saying he didn't kill himself as a weapon against victims?

Bryank75

Banned
so far she managed to kill one game and one person..
She is pure scum, no class, no integrity..... nothing. Just a destructive person who would stab anyone in the back to get a bit more free money. I don't know how she hasn't been exiled from the industry.....

If something happened to her, she can have her day in court but what she has done... has lead to someone committing suicide. Unforgivable.

TeamGhobad

Banned
She is pure scum, no class, no integrity..... nothing. Just a destructive person who would stab anyone in the back to get a bit more free money. I don't know how she hasn't been exiled from the industry.....

If something happened to her, she can have her day in court but what she has done... has lead to someone committing suicide. Unforgivable.

im more upset that she killed this game:

TLN_CabRoof_01_compressed.png

I honestly couldnt care less to sift through all the stupidity going on with this situation but I want to know one thing, was he ever charged? Was he ever formally investigated? Or is this another one of those trial by Twitter scenarios?

Top Bottom