• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch streaming coming to Xbox One March 11

SpecDotSign

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently you can on Xbox1. At launch you could archive on PS4 but Twitch disabled it a couple of days later. I wonder if MS had anything to do with that?
I doubt it was Microsoft. I think it's the plethora of NSFW content that The Playroom has blessed us with that forced Twitch to disable archiving for everyone. lol.

Steffen

Banned
Ahh, now we know why there was a delay in bringing this service to Xbox One.

Certainly looks like the delay was worth the wait.

Stillmatic

I doubt it was Microsoft. I think it's the plethora of NSFW content that The Playroom has blessed us with that forced Twitch to disable archiving for everyone. lol.

They disabled archiving before the first Playroom stuff appeared though.

PS4 US Launch: Nov 15th
PS4 Twitch archiving disabled: Nov 18th
Spartan Show: Nov 22nd

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The guy who brought you what? A link from a website? You make it seem like he wrote something that wasn't from Venturebeat, which he didn't.

Picking up on him for promoting good news about the platforms he is apart? You're reaching there, incredibly.

...huh? No, all I meant was the tweet.

Coming from streaming mostly on PS4 so far, this looks amazing. I bought an Xbox One just so I can play Titanfall and stream it lol. I love what they've done with this and I hope the PS4 gets an update in the future to challenge this or at least do something similar.

DREYDUS

Banned
the 1 advantage I see for the X1 side is the archiving of streams X1 will offer (confirmed) by a twitch staff member and the PS4 still does not Archive livstreams.

other then that part it's a wash but that archiving part is a big thing for us streamers.

Sony better step up in that department.

It seems like a very sleek interface. I hope we (the people in the March update beta) get a crack to test it before march 11th. I've never streamed anything before and I am looking forward to playing around with it.

Hubble

the 1 advantage I see for the X1 side is the archiving of streams X1 will offer (confirmed) by a twitch staff member and the PS4 still does not Archive livstreams.

other then that part it's a wash but that archiving part is a big thing for us streamers.

Sony better step up in that department.

Not just archiving but you will have the ability to join other broadcasters' games right from Twitch.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/25/xbox-one-twitch/

Toki767

I was thinking maybe Microsoft paid for archiving exclusivity since there was no reason for Twitch to not only disable a working PS4 archive, but they also deleted the archives you manually saved if it was a PS4 game.

Pjsprojects

Other stuff not being true is not being able to join matches through broadcasts via PS4, and not being able to livestream in fullscreen.

I don't think MS quite knows what the PS4 streaming service can do. :p

Funny enough I did exactly this last night for the first time with Reshogun.
My only comment for Xbone user's is that if your female then sadly your going to get lots of stupid remarks while trying to show the game off.

DREYDUS

Banned
Not just archiving but you will have the ability to join other broadcasters' games right from Twitch.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/25/xbox-one-twitch/

that's per user a advantage or disadvantage

I control my streams and who i invite to games. I do not want people with the ability to do this etc.

Again to new streamers it sounds kool but for those of us with long historied bigger channels this feature would be a headache.

the current way most of us do it works best. if I want you in my game as a viewer.. You type in my chat ur GT/PSN and I invite you directly myself. other wise it'll be a swamp of "requests, requests, requests as this system is setting up for.

So again the archiving thing is really the only advantage right now to established broadcasters

jbug617

Banned
Someone was testing Twitch streaming.

Credit to Reddit for finding the stream and the pics
Stand By screen
y0GZduR.jpg

Pic of the stream
f5oDDzP.jpg

Here is the video of the stream
Fifa 14-http://www.twitch.tv/bmalicoat/b/506871436
Rayman Legends- http://www.twitch.tv/bmalicoat/b/506697326

This interaction is just simply joining their party?

I like PS4's integration where viewers can affect gameplay.

You might be a little confused, you can do more than just join a party. You can join a game and play with the viewer also if it's allowed by whatever game or mp mode being played. At least that's how it's described in all the stuff I've read so far.

Didn't figure it was worth a new thread so figured I'd just share it here.

Major Nelson is going to be doing the "first ever" Xbox One Twitch broadcast tonight to show off all the features and how it works.

http://majornelson.com/2014/03/03/join-us-tonight-for-our-first-ever-xbox-one-twitch-broadcast/

Today at 11p ET/8p PT I’ll be testing out the new “Xbox Broadcast” function via the Twitch app that will be will be available for all Xbox One owners next week. You can watch the stream above, or over at my Twitch channel where you can hop in the chat. I’ll be answering questions about how broadcasting works on Xbox One as we play PvZ: Garden Warfare.

Do we know if you're able to broadcast in full screen without the chat window snapped on the right?
I would prefer to have my laptop open next to me to view chat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I had no idea this was so full featured. Really looks amazing, I'd say it's worth the wait but...shit I guess it is. Looks super slick.

Top Bottom