• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you were in a low part , i'm pretty sure that the next "serious arcs will move you"
It moved everyone else.
In 17 eps you'll have the cut , and the start of gintama' And you should expect good things from that.

Nice to know, now I'm more interested on it!

I thought the opposite that Yoshihara and Jiraiya Arc were one of the best in Gintama let alone boring though all serious arcs are great. And that fight with Housen was so fuckin great. It even had one of my favorite and best girl in Gintama, you know Tsukuyo and that chemistry with Gintoki. Though I hope you enjoy the next serious arc.

The first Yoshiwara Arc was cool but I seriously couldn't like Jiraiya and his weird plot. The Tama Quest Arc was also pretty bad for me so I wasn't really into the anime when the Jiraiya one began. There's one thing I can agree, though: Tsukuyo, the best girl indeed.

Captain Earth 16

I kind of hoped the series had forgotten/dropped Salty Dog, they were honestly unneeded in the ongoing battle between the main characters and the kiltgang. Other then that Hana gets her mech and that was basically the whole episode. At least the fight looked pretty

Nice to know, now I'm more interested on it!

The first Yoshiwara Arc was cool but I seriously couldn't like Jiraiya and his weird plot. The Tama Quest Arc was also pretty bad for me so I wasn't really into the anime when the Jiraiya one began. There's one thing I can agree, though: Tsukuyo, the best girl indeed.

It's nice knowing someone having great taste, Amen to that. Tsukuyo definition of a badass female. Though I really want to see your impressions on the Four Devas Arc, the next serious arc.

Transformers: Age of Duckroll Future

What I watched:
xQPdpZN.jpg

What I expected:
xQPdpZN.jpg

What I got:
xQPdpZN.jpg

Watched in 3D. It was ok. Not as bad as 2, not as good as 1 or 3.

3/5 duckrolls:
6KaAZs7.png
6KaAZs7.png
6KaAZs7.png
cimahUx.png
cimahUx.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware

What I watched:
http://i.imgur.com/xQPdpZN.jpg

What I expected:

What I got:

3/5 duckrolls:
http://i.imgur.com/6KaAZs7.png http://i.imgur.com/6KaAZs7.png http://i.imgur.com/6KaAZs7.png http://i.imgur.com/cimahUx.png http://i.imgur.com/cimahUx.png

That was a great 2 minutes.

Too bad about the other 3 hours.

Link Man

Banned
Aldnoah.Zero 3

Man, this just keeps getting better.
Princess Vers
is love.

And Inaho really can be a vindictive bastard if given the chance.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Barakamon Episode 3:

This is very quickly enveloping into a strongest candidate for Anime of The Season. Certainly the most full bodied of the comedies this season, as it weaves effortlessly between the gag material, the slice of life stuff and serious dramatical moments. As an aside, I do need to mention that I can't think of a season in recent times that has better for anime comedy then this one in between Barakmon, Nozmoi-Kun and Sagaebu!

Yes, that scene made it in! FUNimation needs to get these episodes available now.

Are you serious they still haven't streamed it yet. I thought they would at least stream it by the third episode. A good show like this shouldn't deserve this. Funimation destroying anime.
Exaggerating a bit but still this shouldn't be happening.

Mokoi

Banned
Revolutionary Girl Utena 7

That OP song! Well seems like we got some character development on Juri. The principal is perv trying to hit on a student/Juri. Having lunch just to discuss student council's plans yeah right! Their were obviously ulterior motives behind that request. Also can't seem to go a couple of episodes without rose bride getting slapped. I'm going to run out of tequila at this rate!

Red hair douche magic powers are having a infinite number of knives. He clearly started out with five.

Frog-fu

Banned
Barakamon 03

Great episode once again. Really digging the light, uncomplicated vibe to this show. Can really just sit back and relax. Really enjoyable episode. Naru is hilarious and adorable.

That would be futanari

Or so i heard.

From friends.
From friends , huh ?
What do you mean low part. You didn't like the Yoshihara and Jiraiya Arc. I thought they were great.
i liked the arc but i didn't like how that arc ended. so i consider this to be a low part

What I watched:

What I expected:

What I got:

3/5 duckrolls:
6KaAZs7.png
6KaAZs7.png
6KaAZs7.png
cimahUx.png
cimahUx.png
Not as good as 3 ?

3 was good ?The movie that was more stupid than 2 and did everything they could to convince me that everyone was stupid ?

Texhnolyze 12-17
Oh geez, that chart is pretty accurate. Holy shit. Things are going south real quickly. This is nuts.
There's no way any of this is going to end well. Also the Shapes are really fucking creepy.

jgminto

Sword Art Online 3
HA! HA! HA! That gun trauma stuff was so damn stupid. But I'm sure Kirito will come along soon and save her from her mental illness. Speaking of which, it's be three fucking episodes step up your beater game. I'm pretty sure now that Sinon's "I want to protect you" friend is Death Gun. What a line too, must have been hard to say something so stupid with a straight face.

No, Dio isn't as apparent at this point whereas earlier on you had brief scenes with him. Dan is Dan.
Dan is also Rubber Soul. Because the Viz translation sucks.
Barakamon 03

Those first two minutes killed me, goddamn.

Looks more like fat Valentine.

Jex

Okay this gunphobia thing is really getting the piss taken out of it here. I agree that it was poorly done in SAO but it's not too hard to believe someone could react this way. Think about it for a minute. You're <10 (at least that's what she looked like in the anime) and you shoot someone dead. That's a pretty traumatic experience for anyone let alone a kid. Any time someone reminds her of that experience,
even if it's a stupid finger gun
, she probably feels like absolute shit. This is probably amplified even further in a non-gun culture country like Japan.

I read somewhere, it was possibly even here on gaf, of someone who stopped a robber by shooting him when he was a teenager. Everyone called him a hero and that he should be proud of himself for killing such a villain. However, he felt like he had done something wrong. He had taken a life and everyone calling him a hero caused such conflicting feelings he wanted to commit suicide.

Phobias and the human mind are a strange thing. I don't like guns but most of the games I play are shooty shooters. You can separate reality from games and the feelings you get from both are much different. Perhaps it is because you know it is a game and the consequences of actions are much different.

What you seem to be leaving out of this whole discussion is:

How far is the camera up her ass? How hot are her hot pants? This is level of show that SAO II is. You can rationally explain why, on a theoretical level, how someone with a phobia might react to a certain situation but that's far completely divorced from the reality that is SAO II. SAO II is a stupid male power fantasy with bad writing and stupid fanservice. It's not nuanced or subtle.

Once you put the context of the show into consideration, along with how that scene was portrayed, you end up with something that's completely stupid.

Chariot

Sword Art Online 3
HA! HA! HA! That gun trauma stuff was so damn stupid. But I'm sure Kirito will come along soon and save her from her mental illness.
Yeah, just wait until he whips out his gun. "Sorry, Asuna, gotta cure some trauma here."

I'm not even joking, he will not literally pack out his penis, but I am pretty sure that she wish he would at some point.

Vylash

Sailor Moon Crystal 02

iyzLhoCQgH8ne.gif
iRMnhM0VkS9lk.gif

God this show is so gross looking, the character models all look awkward, ugly cgi and still frames everywhere, it's pretty embarrassing especially since both Illya and Happiness Charge are airing right now. At least Best Girl Mercury made it a bit better, hopefully Second Best Girl Jupiter and Third Best Girl Mars can keep it up.

Are you serious they still haven't streamed it yet. I thought they would at least stream it by the third episode. A good show like this shouldn't deserve this. Funimation destroying anime.
Exaggerating a bit but still this shouldn't be happening.

FUNimation doesn't have Barakamon available as no streaming date has been stated, nor Sengoku Basara: Judge End which was said to be available on Saturdays at 12:05 PDT. No announcement on whether they actually licensed Jinsei either since they removed the entree from their xml webpage.

How far is the camera up her ass? How hot are her hot pants? This is level of show that SAO II is. You can rationally explain why, on a theoretical level, how someone with a phobia might react to a certain situation but that's far completely divorced from the reality that is SAO II. SAO II is a stupid male power fantasy with bad writing and stupid fanservice. It's not nuanced or subtle.

Once you put the context of the show into consideration, along with how that scene was portrayed, you end up with something that's completely stupid.

wait so even when someone act in a way that's perfectly logical , you answer by "it's sao ,let's mock it anyway ?"

ok then

TUSR

Banned
SAO 2 - Ep3

It only took 3 episodes to become 100% complete shit. Almost like SAO1.

this show makes me want to punch my own fucking head in

Jex

wait so even when someone act in a way that's perfectly logical , you answer by "it's sao ,let's mock it anyway ?"

ok then

Re: Kuttsukiboshi 1-2: Friends Editions

So I took a bit of a... bad approach (intentionally) to introduce this to my friends. And I quote myself: "Due to the fact that we've been watching shows that are rather bleak and depressing, I felt the need... to have some family friendly anime to brighten up the night."

I told them it was family friendly, which in itself, was a bold face lie. But they didn't know what to expect, outside of one person, who I told in secret for the sake of this going down how I imagined it.

It's possible that some of them picked up an idea of what was going on when girls were segregated into an all girls school, thus reducing any male interaction to almost zero, but they still believed me, right up until that fateful kiss between the two main characters. And that was when everything started rolling into place.

As I commented on this still being family friendly in maniacal laughter, they were still bewildered right up until the pool scene. And then they believed that they knew my plan, but little did they know, more was to come to bring out my evil laughs. Around here, I started using the term "most pure relationship".

We proclaim bullshit to the coincidence of the brother being a music kind of guy,
but once the dreaded brother made his sister cheat on her girlfriend, somewhat like Oriemo
, they were met with true horror, the true face of Kuttsukiboshi. Me, I was met with pleasure from their suffering.

(insert symbolism comments)

Needless to say, we died at the beginning of the second episode given the fallout from the first episode. However, here's where things actually looked bad on my end (granted I said family friendly and purity with both knowledge and amusement) given the whole
rape scenario between two girls
, which was then met with sarcastic agreements to being rather pure, as well as what the fucks(and thus, it was no longer used).

Seeing whatsherface develop her powers near the end gave us joy... or at least when they were falling to their dooms. And some sympathy was shown for the blonde because she was forced to consummate with her brother. Granted I laughed at him being pathetic

And by the time it was over, we all agreed that this was the worst relationship ever. Now then, was it bad that I did false advertisment throughout the show? Maybe, but I can say this. Their reactions made it worth watching this again, as it actually satisfied the pleasure nerve the way I wanted it to, and quite frankly, no, no regrets on feeding on friends suffering when done through amusement.

Sola 02

Good advice.

Things are already supernatural. Matsuri is some kind of creature of the night which can age metal and rocks by touching them, Yorito is pretty much obsessed with taking pictures of the sky and Mayuko is in the cardboard box again.

So basically it's a girl who can't enjoy the sunny skies which meets the boy who loves taking pictures of it.

Midonin

FUNimation doesn't have Barakamon available as no streaming date has been stated, nor Sengoku Basara: Judge End which was said to be available on Saturdays at 12:05 PDT. No announcement on whether they actually licensed Jinsei either since they removed the entree from their xml webpage.
They did post this.

Hopefully all three shows will have some form of update soon. No idea what caused the delay.

Finalow

I still can't get over Sailor Moon's voice. They should have recast her. :(
seriously, it's awful.
also I noticed one thing, she says (13:55) "why does my heart beat so fast when I see him iyaaa" with a different voice because she was thinking it and not actually saying it. but that "thoughts voice" is actually decent, couldn't they fucking use the same voice for all of her dialogues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom