• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain to me the difference between this and an MPAA employee leaking scenes from Avengers 2 onto the net....you wouldn't see that happen so why are we cool with this?

Doesn't matter at that point as the game has been legitimately released.

My problem isn't with the leak itself, it is who the leak has come from.

We dont even know this came from thw esrb. It could have been from a nintendo employee who had access to the esrb footage.

If it is an esrb employee, im sure that patricia vance has been on the phone all day with nintendo. They dont need to hear more shit from a bunch of nerds

Hatchtag

Banned
It still could be false, but dont discredit it adding more false information. Is part of ONE leak that has yet to be confirmed/decorfimed, full stop.

I'd only believe Ridley could be in because of the July leaks, as the guy who leaked the screens to 4chan has lied so much so far. Still, those July leaks aren't that bad of a thing to rely on #believe.

Explain to me the difference between this and an MPAA employee leaking scenes from Avengers 2 onto the net....you wouldn't see that happen so why are we cool with this?

Company screw ups happen and you could've easily avoided this. You can feel free to call them, but it's fine for the rest of us to be cool with this.

can someone please explain again why people say the roster in the leaks is not complete?

All-star mode was locked. All-star mode is traditionally unlocked by unlocking all characters, so it's plausible that they couldn't play all-star mode because they didn't have every character unlock.

Shit:( any hope of the DLC rumor being true? This would be super depressing, getting Dr mario but not them<3

Depends. The characters rumored to be in the DLC? Very unlikely, as the person who posted it and several other leakers said it was a lie. However, Gematsu mentioned DLC was being considered, and his source was a Bandai Namco employee, not an ESRB one who wouldn't know shit. So there could be, and quiet possibly will be DLC, but this list almost certainly isn't accurate.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Bowser Jr = Tron Bonne/MODOK
Little Mac = Iron Fist
Palutena = Dormammu without the POWER OF THE POWER OF THE gimmick
Anyone else?

Palutena could be like Gill with Reflector, if it actually work like that. We don't know.
Shulk should be Iron Fist because he have "chakra"
Duck Hunt Dog could be like Phoenix Wright in UMVC3.

Toxi

Banned
I'd only believe Ridley could be in because of the July leaks, as the guy who leaked the screens to 4chan has lied so much so far. Still, those July leaks aren't that bad of a thing to rely on #believe.
Ridley was only revealed in one of the July leaks as far as I can tell.

Just go with what we can see, it's better for our sanity.

Company screw ups happen and you could've easily avoided this. You can feel free to call them, but it's fine for the rest of us to be cool with this.

All-star mode was locked. All-star mode is traditionally unlocked by unlocking all characters, so it's plausible that they couldn't play all-star mode because they didn't have every character unlock.

Depends. The characters rumored to be in the DLC? Very unlikely, as the person who posted it and several other leakers said it was a lie. However, Gematsu mentioned DLC was being considered, and his source was a Bandai Namco employee, not an ESRB one who wouldn't know shit. So there could be, and quiet possibly will be DLC, but this list almost certainly isn't accurate.
Thanks.
I would be surprised if they were cut after so long considering they're the sole representatives of the series, but I guess it isn't impossible.
If they aren't in the 3DS version I'll hold out hope for the WiiU version!

Hatchtag

Banned
Ridley was only revealed in one of the July leaks as far as I can tell.

Just go with what we can see, it's better for our sanity.

shh, no sanity, only ridleys now.

Also, there were only two July leaks iirc, so it's not like only one is a low percentage. it's 50%.

We're going to complain to the ESRB now? Come on guys, the spoilers are kind of a bummer but throwing a temper tantrum about it won't improve things. I'm sure they're dealing with Nintendo right now about the incident. No need to make it worse.

Rating process as defined by ESRB:

During the final stages of development and prior to a game being released to the public, game publishers submit responses to a detailed written ESRB questionnaire (often supplementing such responses with lyric sheets, scripts, etc.), specifying exactly what pertinent content (as defined by ESRB) will be in their game.

Along with the written submission materials, publishers must provide a DVD that captures all pertinent content. This includes typical gameplay, missions, and cutscenes, along with the most extreme instances of content across all relevant categories including but not limited to violence, language, sex, controlled substances and gambling. Pertinent content that is not playable (i.e., "locked out") but will exist in the game code on the final game disc must also be disclosed.

Once the submission is checked by ESRB for completeness, which may also involve ESRB staff members playing a beta or alpha version of the game, the video footage is reviewed by at least three specially trained game raters. ESRB raters must be adults and typically have experience with children, whether through prior work experience, education or through being parents or caregivers themselves.

Upon reviewing the DVD, each rater recommends an appropriate rating category and content descriptors. However, this initial recommendation is merely intended as a starting point from which the raters will collectively deliberate about what rating should be assigned to the game. Once the raters reach a consensus, ESRB staff reviews their recommended rating category and content descriptors, conducts a parity examination where appropriate to maintain consistency in rating assignments, and issues a certificate with the official rating assignment to the game's publisher. A rating summary is finalized shortly thereafter, providing additional detail about the key factors that contributed to the rating assignment, including specific examples of game content or attributes. The publisher may either accept the rating as final or revise the game's content and resubmit it to the ESRB, at which time the process starts anew. Publishers also have the ability to appeal an ESRB rating assignment to an Appeals Board made up of publishers, retailers and other professionals. Unless a different publication date is requested by the publisher, the complete rating information (rating category, content descriptors, and rating summary) is posted on the ESRB website 30 days following the assignment of the rating.

When the game is ready for release to the public, publishers send copies of the final product to the ESRB. The game packaging is reviewed to make sure the rating information is displayed accurately and in accordance with ESRB requirements. Additionally, ESRB staff, including raters (time permitting), play-test the final version of a variety of games - including but not limited to games which generate consumer inquiries to ESRB and those which receive broad consumer exposure - to verify that all the materials provided by the games' publishers during the rating process were accurate and complete.

Downloadable Content
Downloadable content (DLC) that will be appended to an existing, previously-rated product need only be submitted to ESRB for rating if its content exceeds that which is in the existing "core" product. Otherwise, the rating assigned to the core product is applicable to the DLC as well. Where, however, DLC content exceeds the rating assigned to the core product, it must be submitted to ESRB and a different rating will be associated with this DLC.
http://esrb.bmobilehost.com/faq_09.php

udivision

I'm way more fucking concerned about the netcode than the roster at this point. Pretty much biting my nails over it.

Yeah, the roster was never really an issue for me. It wasn't an issue in Brawl either. It was the (in)ability to play online that dampened Brawl and I'm afraid it'll do the same for this game...

Yeah, the roster was never really an issue for me. It wasn't an issue in Brawl either. It was the (in)ability to play online that dampened Brawl and I'm afraid it'll do the same for this game...

I imagine Namco is better at it than Game Arts.

But we shall see. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 had some issues even in local play.

Kyzer

Banned
5 slots left

Mewtwo
Snake
Lucas
Wolf
Ice Climbers

Believe! It would be so glorious...

You tell in me doctor Mario comes back before mewtwo??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom