• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

I just noticed... no Peach upskirt...

You've already broken the avatar quote world record, what else do you want!?

That said, those do seem like glaring omissions. I'm guessing the leaker didn't post them because already knew about them. If you look at the leaked footage, it cuts out right before home run contest starts, so the leaker purposefully is only showing off new info.

Trike

Explain to me the difference between this and an MPAA employee leaking scenes from Avengers 2 onto the net....you wouldn't see that happen so why are we cool with this?

Doesn't matter at that point as the game has been legitimately released.

My problem isn't with the leak itself, it is who the leak has come from.

Well the MPAA probably wouldn't do that considering the group that does it. They would also probably face quite a lot more legal trouble than the leaker would from Nintendo. There is also a huge difference is spoiling a playable character in a video game and the story of a movie.

Why do you really even care who leaked it? You don't work for the ESRB, they are more than likely more flustered about it than you. You calling in and whining to them is unnecessary, and calling in for more people to do so is childish. This is not a company actively screwing over people, this is about a potential rogue employee destroying their career over leaking characters a couple of weeks before release.

Jawmuncher

And Snake, too. It might also leave the door open to ICs, because I can't imagine there'd be any objectionable content connected to them.

We've been over this. Snake might not even lend himself to being checked by the ESRB. Especially going over what the leaked pics were focusing on. Well aside from Snakes Ass.

Thorakai

Ugh, the lack of Ice Climbers hurts so much. They're the first multi-game veteran to be cut. Once a character's been included in at least two Smash Bros. games they should be safe.

Its also the first time a franchise has been cut from having character representation.

I can't believe so many people are upset about the Ice Climbers. I always thought they were terrible and a waste of a slot, most people don't even remember Ice Climber on the NES.

I've been to lots of Smash parties and everyone collectively poops on the Ice Climbers. I'm just really surprised there are so many super fans out there, people claiming they have no reason to play the game if there are no Ice Climbers.

We got Little Mac, Mega Man, and Duck Hunt Dog, but you won't play the game if there is no Ice Climbers?! It really makes me feel like some asshole just farted in my pants.

You seriously complaining about people liking different things than you? I have never even owned a NES before and I'm still bummed about the Ice Climbers being cut. Why? They bring a unique gameplay mechanic with the double character gimmick and they are charming to boot. Its worse because the likely explanation for the cut, should it stand, is that the 3DS was holding them back.

EDIT: Ice Whiners? Haha. Ok bud.

I can't believe so many people are upset about the Ice Climbers. I always thought they were terrible and a waste of a slot, most people don't even remember Ice Climber on the NES.

I've been to lots of Smash parties and everyone collectively poops on the Ice Climbers. I'm just really surprised there are so many super fans out there, people claiming they have no reason to play the game if there are no Ice Climbers.

We got Little Mac, Mega Man, and Duck Hunt Dog, but you won't play the game if there is no Ice Climbers?! It really makes me feel like some asshole just farted in my pants.

2/10 would not read again probably

I would only read again if you and your really cool friends invited me to your Smash/Ice Climbers Shitting parties.

Neoxon

So with the Gematsu leak, the Chorus Men & DLC are still pending. And other than Chrom & the Shulk reveal, Sal's source was on-point on everything else (even with Lucas).

Yeah, no one gives a shit about these two who are unlike any other character on the roster, have been vets since Melee, are top-tier, and are super cute.

smh

I get not caring about a character - I, for example, have absolutely no interest in Mewtwo - but that doesn't mean no one likes them and they're a waste of a slot. "All my friends say they're dumb" isn't exactly a good reason to think a character is universally hated.

2/10 would not read again probably

Where'd those two points come from?

Masked Man

I said wow
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU Thread 14: #Team Real wins, #Team Fake shulks ducks

(This actually fits the subject line)

I would love this.
KuGsj.gif

If the story about Bowser Jr.'s alt is true then which Koopaling are you going to use?

Lemmy, hands down. I hope he launches bouncy balls instead of cannon balls!

More feels (this one gets to me):

hD9365145

Lucas...my poor, sweet, boy... ;______;

Kouriozan

So with the Gematsu leak, the Chorus Men & DLC are still pending. And other than Chrom & the Shulk reveal, Sal's source was on-point on everything else (even with Lucas).
I remember Gematsu leak talking about picking either Ness or Lucas.
Farewell, my friend.

Zubz

Banned
... a Peach upskirt.

That settles it. You ARE your avatar.

And Ice Climber on the NES is a terrible game, but they were unique fighters in Smash, and they were godly in Melee. It's like when Mewtwo was cut, but worse because they're all the Ice Climbers IP has to offer, and they offer a lot more than Mewtwo did.

There's still ATs to be seen, full sized images of the new commers and their movesets, info on some of the modes we saw. I'm still interested in seeing the reveal trailers too. Knowing the content doesn't make those trailers any less exciting.

Growlie19

I love the new trophy descriptions. Brawl's, while informative, was also very plain. 4's has character and humor, a big improvement. Can't wait to read 'em all!

georly

Reposting:

For those catching up, here is a summary of everything from today:

Before you begin, listen to this so your world doesn't come crashing down on you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTqK3kOXw28

The important one - Videos of bowser Jr and shulk - taken down as of 3:48pm EST as a copyright claim by nintendo

Dropbox with the videos thanks LiamR

Edit: New youtube video, up as of 6:47 EST 8/25 Edit2: Taken down already. Sorry, no vids for you currently.

Here are some gifs I made, now that the videos are taken down:
Shulk in action
Ganondorf down smash
Bowser Jr and Ganondorf footage

and

Imgur Gallery of pictures taken for (presumably) ESRB ratings - confirms wario as playable, and other details

This picture led to this - which some people are taking to mean Ridley/Mach rider, etc are in the game.

There was a leak that matches up with this info (only the quoted part should be taken seriously) back in july - basically says that this video is from an old (likely feature-complete) build and may have been circulating since back in july.

Old palutena leak was revealed to be fake - more

People think this may be chorus kids leak - turns out to be fake

Some other pictures:
Here
and here
and here

Summary of the leakers

Anything I'm missing? Feel free to quote this for people trying to catch up.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Bowser Jr.
Dark Pit
Doctor Mario
Duck Hunt
Ganondorf
Mr. Game & Watch
Shulk
Wario

Thanks to both!

Bowser Jr., Shulk, and Ganondorf were shown in battle.

I think there was video of the CSS that showed everyone else from the leaked pictures like Pittoo, Dr. Mario, and Duck Hunt dog.

Damn!

Shulk, Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt are newcomers

Pittoo, Doc Mario are clones

Lucas, Snake, Ice Climbers, squirtle, ivysaur, Wolf all cut, everyone else comes back

At least Ganon and watch are in!

Tharja....

J@hranimo

Banned
Yo...I gotta say, I'm kinda exhausted from the hype and confusion throughout the day.

I deem today Smashgate.

Looking forward to Oric's newcomer and VotD though...right guys?

Vuapol

can someone please explain again why people say the roster in the leaks is not complete?

Because in the leaked footage, All-Star mode is locked. All-Star mode is usually unlocked once you unlock every character. Hence, because it is locked in the leak, we're missing characters.

Does anyone else think that the removal of transforming charcters is due to the limitations of the 3DS?
Especially after they were so prominent in Brawl.

TreIII

My man.

Not enough people around here realize that Lemmy is the One True Koopaling. Just look at this guy and try to tell me with a straight face that he isn't the greatest:

Lemmy_Koopa.jpg

Sorry. Lemmy is great, but look at this fabulous guy right here.

Guy was rocking the pink long before the likes of Dan Hibiki and Donquixote Doflamingo made it fashionable!

Since we saw Larry has a blue colour scheme for his Clown Car I had a go at imagining the rest:

ibzgptHuMSyp8u.png

MARVELOUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom