• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Dog disappears and an aiming reticle shows up on the screen and you can shoot players for a limited period? Like Snake's FS, right? That'd be cool.

They cut Snake because his FS was too similar to Duck Hunt's - CONFIRMED.
But like Palutena in Pits final smash in Brawl, there's a massive laughing Duck Hunt Dog sprite in the background.

Reposting:

For those catching up, here is a summary of everything from today:

Before you begin, listen to this so your world doesn't come crashing down on you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTqK3kOXw28

The important one - Videos of bowser Jr and shulk - taken down as of 3:48pm EST as a copyright claim by nintendo

Dropbox with the videos thanks LiamR

Here are some gifs I made, now that the videos are taken down:
Shulk in action
Ganondorf down smash
Bowser Jr and Ganondorf footage

and

Imgur Gallery of pictures taken for (presumably) ESRB ratings - confirms wario as playable, and other details

This picture led to this - which some people are taking to mean Ridley/Mach rider, etc are in the game.

There was a leak that matches up with this info (only the quoted part should be taken seriously) back in july - basically says that this video is from an old (likely feature-complete) build and may have been circulating since back in july.

Old palutena leak was revealed to be fake - more

People think this may be chorus kids leak - turns out to be fake

Some other pictures:
Here
and here
and here

Summary of the leakers

Anything I'm missing? Feel free to quote this for people trying to catch up.

Someone should put this in the OP and change the thread title to "Read the OP"

kiri

Has this happened before? Because if not this could have some repercussions. Like you said, publisher are forced to submit games to the ESRB so there is a level of trust that must be maintained but this leak has completely destroyed that.

I'm sure Nintendo will want answers.
I think I'd have to say that if I had the option, I'd prefer if the leak didn't happen. I mean I'm enjoying it as best I can since it HAS happened, but I'd have rather found out all this stuff in the way they had originally intended. I feel bad for the people who put together the original plan, reveal videos and all that. Oh well.
No, I feel literally the same way, fuck that random ESRB employee trying to get his 15 mins, this isnt the hype train I wanted.
It annoys me more than it should. I mean the ESRB isn't some small time company where Nintendo had a choice in going with another option. The ESRB should never allow a leak like this, especially given that the person had the game long enough to record video footage.

I am glad people are feeling the same way. Its like your mother going present shopping for your birthday with relatives, then the next day your uncle phones you up and says "Yeah, you're getting Hot Wheels." Ok, great....I'm happy about that but it takes away from the surprise.

As was mentioned above, the ESRB is an institution that requires games be submit to them in order to receive classification so that they may be sold - Nintendo has no choice but to show them the game....and this is how they get treated.

I work in Marketing and there is nothing worse than someone coming in and fucking up your message and delivery schedule ahead of time and this ESRB guy has just done that. There will be countless people over at NoJ and NoA trying to fix the mess that this guy has caused.....like I say, happy about the characters but really disappointed at how this has come about.

Fiktion

Banned
I don't believe that they have to to show the ESRB everything, for this reason. They didn't show the ESRB lewd pictures of Rosalina, Peach, Zelda, Sheik, or ZSS. I think they just have to give the ESRB an idea of what is in it that could be objectable, which they accomplished via the trophies they have shown.

It's nice to dream that the CSS isn't fully unlocked but I just don't see why that would be the case.

-Horizon-

Oh God I really hope Shulk's Final Smash is a chain attack with a bunch of other characters.

PLEASE LET IT BE REYN TIME.
I mean if Chrom gets to be in a Final Smash...

Zoom and Enhance that image, you can see the reflection of the leaker in that monitor, the FBI have been alerted.
The dreaded zoom and enhance! D:

Borne Smash?
The Smash Identity

tumblr_inline_n2lre5CwjE1rjkky4.gif

Leaker on the run.

Hatchtag

Banned
Yes, JC accidentally leaked it earlier anyway remember?

I don't really think that's neccessarily what JC almost said, since Fox could have had stun lazers as an unrevealed custom move and they still wouldn't have wanted to show it off. Hell, I think that would be more likely, since he knows not to leak Falco, but might not have known off the top of his head if Fox's custom moves were shown.

I was thinking exactly about this..

Does leaking a video game can cause any legal issues? I mean, its not like movie piracy, that can cause loss to the company

Yes. When I worked as an artist in an important game there where some papers I had to sign with important legal aspects in them. It was scary stuff.

We now have 49 confirmed characters, and an additional 6 characters that are backed by a pair of increasingly credible rumors.

CONFIRMED Veterans (34):
Mario
Dr. Mario (select screen)
Luigi
Peach
Wario (select screen)
Yoshi
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf (video confirmation)
Pikachu
Jigglypuff (select screen)
Charizard
Lucario
Fox
Falco (select screen)
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Marth
Ike
Pikmin & Olimar
Pit
Captain Falcon
Ness (select screen)
Game & Watch (select screen)
R.O.B. (select screen)
Sonic

CONFIRMED Newcomers (15):
Rosalina & Luma
Bowser Jr. (video confirmation)
Greninja
Villager
Lucina
Robin
Dark Pit (select screen)
Palutena
Shulk (video confirmation)
Little Mac
Duck Hunt Dog (select screen)
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii Fighters
Pac-Man
Mega Man

RUMORED Characters (6):
Mewtwo
Impa
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Chorus Kids
Mach Rider

Drago

I am glad people are feeling the same way. Its like your mother going present shopping for your birthday with relatives, then the next day your uncle phones you up and says "Yeah, you're getting Hot Wheels." Ok, great....I'm happy about that but it takes away from the surprise.

As was mentioned above, the ESRB is an institution that requires games be submit to them in order to receive classification so that they may be sold - Nintendo has no choice but to show them the game....and this is how they get treated.

I work in Marketing and there is nothing worse than someone coming in and fucking up your message and delivery schedule ahead of time and this ESRB guy has just done that. There will be countless people over at NoJ and NoA trying to fix the mess that this guy has caused.....like I say, happy about the characters but really disappointed at how this has come about.
Agreed 100%

Fuck leaks. They're fun in the moment but once the dust settles, I rather I didn't know anything at all. :(

CassSept

But like Palutena in Pits final smash in Brawl, there's a massive laughing Duck Hunt Dog sprite in the background.

It would be cool but the new DHD is more Pluto-like nice goofy dog instead of the more annoying, means NES Duck Hunt Dog. There's a great disconnect between the two, as much as I love it's inclusion.

Devil

You have to show the ESRB everything. I've made my peace with that. What we see in the CSS is what we're getting.

If Mewtwo is in it's as DLC.

Well, not that I really know better but no, it doesn't seem that way. As far as I understood the stuff the ESRB got only consists of videos/screens of general and crucial stuff for the rating, hence the screens of the ladies and demonic stuff. Please correct me if that's wrong.

Pikma

Banned
I don't know how I'll feel waiting for the daily PotDs from here on out, that has always been my favorite thing about Smash Hype, sigh...

thank you so much you fucking attention whore of a leaker.

Hatchtag

Banned
We now have 49 confirmed characters, and an additional 6 characters that are backed by a pair of increasingly credible rumors.

Impa and Mach Rider have only been mentioned by highly discredited leakers. I wouldn't consider them very likely. Mewtwo, Dixie, Ridley, and Chorus Kids have been mentioned by more reputable leakers. Chorus by both Gematsu and a leaker in July, and the other 3 only by the one in July. Well, all 4 by a bunch of unreputable, oft-trolling leakers, but those are the only possibly credible ones who have mentioned them.

I hope it's a chain attack with a second party character (just like Robin's FS with Chrom) and it's randomly one of the party characters, hopefully with VA. Of course Fiora
should be in her original body
to avoid spoilers.

kiri

If anyone else has a real problem with this, do like I do and complain to the ESRB;

+2127590700 is their number. Have a bitch at them for not controlling their staff.

uberluigi

Banned

CONFIRMED Veterans (34):
Mario
Dr. Mario (select screen)
Luigi
Peach
Wario (select screen)
Yoshi
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf (video confirmation)
Pikachu
Jigglypuff (select screen)
Charizard
Lucario
Fox
Falco (select screen)
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Marth
Ike
Pikmin & Olimar
Pit
Captain Falcon
Ness (select screen)
Game & Watch (select screen)
R.O.B. (select screen)
Sonic

CONFIRMED Newcomers (15):
Rosalina & Luma
Bowser Jr. (video confirmation)
Greninja
Villager
Lucina
Robin
Dark Pit (select screen)
Palutena
Shulk (video confirmation)
Little Mac
Duck Hunt Dog (select screen)
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii Fighters
Pac-Man
Mega Man

RUMORED Characters (6):
Mewtwo
Impa
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Chorus Kids
Mach Rider

I hope this is true because hnnnng omg hnnnngg

Wait, Ridley is back on the table?

This is too much of a fucking roller coaster. I can't take it...

So far, that's only a rumor - there's been no real proof. There have been a lot of rumors circulating today, and most of them have been called fake by the folks who have legit, proven leaks. I wouldn't hold your breath for Ridley.

Wait, Ridley is back on the table?

This is too much of a fucking roller coaster. I can't take it...

July leak, that seems got everything from the leak right (character moves for example).

We still dont know if all those characters are real though (could have been cut, could be an addition from a different leaker...), but its one of the most belivable lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom