• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC pricing confirmed ($7.99 each or $11.99 for both, 16 tracks)

ffdgh

I like the addition of Cat Peach (most requested character), but I can't be the only one disappointed that there's no Pink Gold Cat Peach, or Baby Cat Peach. Or Baby Pink Gold Cat Peach.

Put some effort in, Nintendo :(

I would have loved boomerang peach. Would have been the closest thing to finally getting hammerbro.

kitzkozan

I feel obligated to support such sensible pricing of DLC. :] Not only is the price just about perfect, but it's a staggering amount of extra content. 16 extra courses is absolutely huge, beyond my expectation to be honest. o_o Kind of raise the bar as to what we can expect out of the new Smash Bros. and it's eventual DLC.

Busaiku

Nintendo's done terrible DLC before.
Fire Emblem Awakening's DLC was $52.50 at its cheapest. And most of the maps were pretty lame.

So with this and Mario Golf, it leads me to believe that they've learned their lesson.

random25

I just woke up...and BAM WTF!? LINK IN MK8!? Holy macaroni!

And F-Zero track!? F-ZERO TRACK!?

Damn I'm loving this! Hoping for continuous MK8 DLCs Nintendo!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'll buy it instantly. Too bad the 2nd one is 9 months away.

But it's so far off...is the community going to be active enough in November, nevermind mid 2015, to segregate the userbase as such online...

MKWii was active until the end, plust the DLC packs will reel people back in.

I like the addition of Cat Peach (most requested character), but I can't be the only one disappointed that there's no Pink Gold Cat Peach, or Baby Cat Peach. Or Baby Pink Gold Cat Peach.

Put some effort in, Nintendo :(

You aren't, there can never be enough Peach.

Chaos17

Fire Emblem Awakening's DLC was $52.50 at its cheapest. And most of the maps were pretty lame.

So with this and Mario Golf, it leads me to believe that they've learned their lesson.
They learned their lesson.

neto

But it's so far off...is the community going to be active enough in November, nevermind mid 2015, to segregate the userbase as such online...
I don't know about the segregation of the players, but I'm sure the community is going to be active, mario kart is an evergreen title, mario kart wii was still played online till the day the servers got shut down

Ansatz

16 courses for that price?? Sounds amazing but I'm expecting them to maintain the same quality as the 16 original in the game, no quick jobs. Being DLC should allow them to throw conservatism out the window, go crazy thematically (as they seem to with F-Zero!!)

Sayter

Nintendo is on a roll lately.

bombs_9f3f18_956468.gif

This is my all time favorite gif.

I'm glad they aren't pushing the DLC out too fast, there's too many Wii U releases to keep up with as is.

Is there anyway to purchase via the web?

Brofield

That may be the best gif I've ever seen.

I may not have much to work with, or be able to contribute to GAF via funny quotes or sheer legendary stupidity to get banned by bish, or craft quality original gifs.

But I do know the internet, and the internet is my gimp.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Pikmin 3 DLC was cheap and awesome

Nanashrew

Banned
I hope Kirby eventually shows up in Mario Kart 8 with his Warp Star or Hydra and Dragoon. The possibilities are now open because of this.

People, please brace yourself for the potential....................wait for it.......................................................CAPTAIN TOAD FUCKING DLC.

If there are other DLC's planned, then Nintendo is probably on 6 month release cycle.

May 2014: MK8
Nov 2014: DLC #1
May 2015: DLC #2
Nov 2015: DLC #3?????

Thats a nice release cycle to make sure the game stays fresh over the course of the year. Honestly, MK games are played years after they release even without DLC. This is just icing on the cake.

I hope they don't split the community up with the tracks. Do you think they will allow users who don't have the tracks to play with users that do? Make it so only users that do are able to select it online, obviously.

If this DLC sells well, maybe companies that have dropped Wii U support will come back with DLC packs for existing games. Imagine a Ubisoft DLC pack containing Ezio, Rayman, and Jade for Smash Bros.

Top Bottom