• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Nintendo working on a Remaster for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan-ts

If they do a Remaster of Metroid Prime, I could see it only being the first game. There's more to a Remaster then just porting it over.

KoopaTheCasual

I hope you all are well aware of the stark differences between a remaster and a remake, right?

Uprising would be an awesome remaster for Wii U

daripad

I hope it is F-Zero X or GX with online mode. That or Wave Race Blue Storm would be cool.

If they go single player, I want Mario Sunshine.

Choomp

Banned
I've always wanted to play stuff like Mario Galaxy, Zelda, and Metroid in HD. Hopefully this rumor proves true.

I'd love to see a "remaster" of Super Mario 64. It was Nintendo's first ever 3D game (well, alongside Pilotwings 64); to see it in HD would be amazing. Plus, it's been far too long since we've had a Mario game with open level design. SM64 and Sunshine are the only two that exist.

F-Zero GX would be heavenly too.

Majora's Mask is certainly a safe bet.

I hope it's not either of the Galaxy games. The visual upgrade would be too minor to make it worthwhile (it's not like the actual engine would need to be changed; it just needs to be run in HD).

I bet it is Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2. That way nintendo's 3d mario agenda will be satisfied, paving the way for the inevitable SMG 3.

Note: I love the two Galaxy games, i just wish the same care and budget went into the 2D Mario platformers as well.

I bet it is Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2. That way nintendo's 3d mario agenda will be satisfied, paving the way for the inevitable SMG 3.

Note: I love the two Galaxy games, i just wish the same care and budget went into the 2D Mario platformers as well.

3d world was fantastic on the wiiu. It's like the lost mario because no one knows where to place it.

Brofield

Custom Robo from GC would be fun as a remaster, and even as an excuse to get the series restarted. No use of analog triggers as I recall, either. I think it could fit the bill.

czk

Typical COD gamer
IMO F-Zero GX with online play would be the best what we could possibly get, because you can already play all GC and Wii games in HD if you want to.

What if it was a really unknown IP like Rocket: Robot On Wheels ir Mischief Makers?

Figure it has to be something overly popular though.

Rocket is VERY questionable due to Sucker Punch having owned the IP. Sony might now have it in their name.

Even though PoPoLoCrois is on 3DS, I don't think Sony would be THAT generous.

I bet it was Xenoblade 3DS all along

(it's being remastered in 3D, that's still a remaster!)

The rumour is more about a Wii U remaster, so... =p

I would love a Super Mario Sunshine remaster, when I see the tropical circuits in Mario Kart 8, just thinking about this...

Banned
If it's a remaster it won't be anything from the 16-bit era. My theory on this is, with the moderate success of Fire Emblem in the West, the gamepads ability to use the touchscreen and stylus for moving units like in Shadow Dragon, the long duration people have to wait for FExSMT, and the fact that a proper standalone FE has not been announced for the Wii U leads me to believe it will be:

Fire Emblem: Radiance Collection. HD movies, HD characters, polygonal character pieces in the grid instead of sprites, etc.

Since Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are running on GC architecture, are directly related to another, and the fact that Ike is still in Smash despite his character not being the main FE guy since 2007 leads me to believe they left him in smash because they're remastering the last two console FE games that made it over to the west.

It may release in Q1 2015 and have amiibo support to possibly.

fred

Why has this thread come back to life..? Any new news..?

I'll just repeat what I said ages ago - we'll see Eternal Darkness HD, Wave Race HD, F-Zero GX HD and Paper Mario Thousand Year Door at some point. I'm surprised they haven't released at least one of these before now tbh.

jimi_dini

idbuythatforadollareijh0.gif

actually I would buy this for a high price

I'd also be happy with this:
TvjcdqA.jpg

Earthbound please?

I dunno, initially I was wanting a Wii U Majora's Mask, but with it likely being a 3DS title, I would LOVE to see Earthbound be a Wii U remaster. Man, would it be cool.

Fire Emblem: Radiance Collection. HD movies, HD characters, polygonal character pieces in the grid instead of sprites, etc.

This would make me very happy. The Wii U probably won't probably get it's own (non-crossover) Fire Emblem, so this would be a nice alternative.

Other good options would be F-Zero GX, Mario Galaxy 1-2 and Metroid Prime 1-3. All would look great in HD.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
If it's a remaster it won't be anything from the 16-bit era. My theory on this is, with the moderate success of Fire Emblem in the West, the gamepads ability to use the touchscreen and stylus for moving units like in Shadow Dragon, the long duration people have to wait for FExSMT, and the fact that a proper standalone FE has not been announced for the Wii U leads me to believe it will be:

Since Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are running on GC architecture, are directly related to another, and the fact that Ike is still in Smash despite his character not being the main FE guy since 2007 leads me to believe they left him in smash because they're remastering the last two console FE games that made it over to the west.

Nepheneeeeeee

flohen95

But the original games already have polygonal characters on the map. Or does it just look like that? Maybe you are thinking of Awakening in this case.

Other than that, great idea. I'd buy it day one, and that with me already owning both games.

Toxi

Banned
it's not gonna be metroid prime it's not gonna be metroid prime it's not gonna be metroid prime it's not gonna be metroid prime it's not gonna be metroid prime it's not gonna be metroid prime

SCReuter

Why has this thread come back to life..? Any new news..?

I'll just repeat what I said ages ago - we'll see Eternal Darkness HD, Wave Race HD, F-Zero GX HD and Paper Mario Thousand Year Door at some point. I'm surprised they haven't released at least one of these before now tbh.
Eternal Darkness was co-written by somebody who just recently spent 12 months in jail for possession of CP. An HD remaster probably isn't happening.

JacoTheDex

Neo Member
I'd rather it be Super Mario All Stars 2.

SM64
SMS
SMG1
SMG2

Believe.

My wet dream:

-Super Mario 64: Fully Remade, with potentially major additions, like post game Luigi.
-Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2: Remastered for HD, with some additional changes to fix flaws with the originals like with WW. (For example, simplifying SS's blue coin fest.)
-$40 to $50 retail, or $10 to $12 individually on E-Shop.

Id take the first one a million times over. I loved the original on n64
Yeah, I need to play it again when I get the chance. I never really appreciated it when I was younger.
Rocket is VERY questionable due to Sucker Punch having owned the IP. Sony might now have it in their name.

Even though PoPoLoCrois is on 3DS, I don't think Sony would be THAT generous.
I forgot it was from Sucker Punch. I guess I just figured Nintendo owned the IP.

Good going. Now I'm set to be disappointed if it turns out to be anything else.

Kinsei

Banned

This would be cool if they completely redid the English voice acting.

walnuts

I think it will be Metroid Prime Trilogy HD. I already own the Wii version, and wouldn't buy it, but I think it would be a great idea, the game is awesome, hard to find in stores at good prices, and there's lots of demand.

I'd also like F-Zero GX or Eternal Darkness.

Edit: Kid Icarus Uprising would be great too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom