• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warlock is the final map in Halo: MCC - IGN First

Man, this game is already bought... it just doesn't know it yet.

Fantastic job on bring Warlock (Warlord) back, awesome map in Halo 2. And Coagulation (Bloodlines) looks fantastic as well. Cannot wait to see it in motion.

Cdammen

Really getting excited about MCC. Haven't played a Halo game since Reach, 4 did nothing for me but I might play through it now just for the heck of it.

Question though, has probably been asked several times: Is there still co-op for all titles? Have we heard anything about framerate, loss in detail, and resolutions (I know there has to be some downgrades made). This will be the last push I need to buy an Xbox One :)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Really getting excited about MCC. Haven't played a Halo game since Reach, 4 did nothing for me but I might play through it now just for the heck of it.

Question though, has probably been asked several times: Is there still co-op for all titles? Have we heard anything about framerate, loss in detail, and resolutions (I know there has to be some downgrades made). This will be the last push I need to buy an Xbox One :)
Each title has their original co-op with online co-op now possible if it wasn't before. Everything is 60 FPS and 1080p with the possible exception of the Halo 2 Anniversary campaign, as stated here by Frank O'Connor. I'm not sure what kind of downgrades you were expecting, but fear not.

Defect

Each title has their original co-op with online co-op now possible if it wasn't before. Everything is 60 FPS and 1080p with the possible exception of the Halo 2 Anniversary campaign, as stated here by Frank O'Connor. I'm not sure what kind of downgrades you were expecting, but fear not.
I think he's asking if the res or fps drops when playing split screen.

I thought it was 6 remastered?

It is. Op forgot to put Lockout.

Cdammen

Wow, that is an insane package. Thank you for the write-up, haven't been actively following this game. Gonna have many fun evenings and nights playing co-op!

Rockyrock

Only map I think they messed up on was choosing Ascension. Such a random choice.

Would have much rather had another good btb map like Waterworks or Terminal. Both great maps that get no love.

jem0208

The design decisions 343 are making.

Look at all the jump-ups they added to Warlord. God-awful.

Not to mention, they brought back a HALO CE MAP, instead of taking a chance with something epic like Waterworks or Terminal.

They just really are driving the Halo series into the grave. Feels terrible.

They added jumps to Warlock.

Definitely driving the Halo series into the ground.

hwalker84

Not to mention, they brought back a HALO CE MAP, instead of taking a chance with something epic like Waterworks or Terminal.

Would've loved to see Terminal.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think he's asking if the res or fps drops when playing split screen.
Ohhhhh. In that case, I have no clue.

Only map I think they messed up on was choosing Ascension. Such a random choice.
It's kind of like the assault rifle -- it's widely considered to be an iconic aspect of the series, but it's terrible and should never be heard from again unless it's drastically redesigned.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

jlaw-okay.gif

I would have enjoyed Waterworks more as well, but talk about hyperbolic.

Yama

Is it confirmed that H2A's BR is a 4sk? They must be missing some of the spread or something, seeing so much 5sk in the videos.

Would have much rather had another good btb map like Waterworks or Terminal. Both great maps that get no love.
I love ascension. I didn't know people didn't like it. It had some problems but still on of the stand out Halo 2 maps IMO. Terminal would have been my choice over warlock.

ryan299

I enjoyed this map during the Halo 2 days. Looks amazing also.

Anybody else think they're going to give us more remakes as DLC?

Yama

CE online for the first time 60fps/1080p on dedicated servers. Bringing us back Halo 2 original, everything intact. Halo 3 just the same. Allowing us to play an actual remake of Halo 2, everyone starting fresh with a new engine. For the sixth map they chose a competitive symmetrical map, another great move. Yet you whine?

Go suck off Bungie and enjoy special ammo start, supers on a timer, radar always on and stubbing your foot on poor map design every three seconds.

343 is doing everything right, get over it.

Deal!

I have to say, I also used to be a Splinter Cell fan. I get the same feeling as Splinter Cell 1-3, to Double Agent as I do with the Halo series up to where 343 took over.

Just...what happened?

Back to Destiny.

Rofl this is when I knew you were trolling. You cannot be serious.

Warlock looks beautiful.

I'm really gonna have to buy an XO, aren't I? I almost want to just wait for a possible PC version, since it'll at least have a server browser.

Ryan_IGN

Coming up this week just to manage everyone's expectations:

Tomorrow: Full game preview after we poked around the whole damn thing
Wednesday: Halo Channel video walkthrough
Thursday: Revealing the Day 1 multiplayer hopper playlists
Friday: Revealing all 4000 Achievement points

Way, way more all month long. W00t!

IHaveIce

Banned

Niiiiiice

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

DANG.

All of that sounds awesome, especially Wed / Thu / Fri.

I think you meant W0RT W0RT W0RT!

Can't wait!

Aeqvitas

I was hoping for Ivory Tower. I thought that was one of the fan favorites. Warlock is... ok. Much like wizard. It is okay for some niche modes, but since there are only 6 maps I think they should have chosen a better all around map.

Deception

anchorman-jump-in-air.gif

bring that one brown map that was a circle with 2 levels and sone barrels in the middle

I forgot the name but remake it or preorder cancel

Blood gulch 24/7 All day, Everyday.

Striker

I was hoping for Ivory Tower. I thought that was one of the fan favorites. Warlock is... ok. Much like wizard. It is okay for some niche modes, but since there are only 6 maps I think they should have chosen a better all around map.
It can play 2 flag, Neutral Bomb, 2-bomb, 3 Plots, Oddball, and KotH really well. I say it's the most well rounded in the series.

it was posted in this thread a bit ago, I'll post it again. but no, we haven't seen it in motion.
halo-master-chief-collection-coagulation.jpg

Dunno how I missed this!

My first impression is kinda disappointed, it doesn't seem all too familiar. Too brown and not enough red, it's called Blood Gulch and Coagulation for a reason y'know!

Looking forward to playing it of course, but I was hoping for some vibrancy, this looks way too muddy.

jem0208

Deal!

I have to say, I also used to be a Splinter Cell fan. I get the same feeling as Splinter Cell 1-3, to Double Agent as I do with the Halo series up to where 343 took over.

Just...what happened?

Back to Destiny.

Complains about design decisions in Halo 4.

Goes back to playing Destiny.

I... wat?

Top Bottom