• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metal Face isn't too big, just give him Wolf's moveset

chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Metal Face isn't too big at all! It doesn't matter if he becomes small compared to Shulk. Don't be silly. This is Smash, anything goes.

If Metal Face is revealed as a boss/stage hazard then I'll most likely give the code right then, unless its left open like Ridley was. And why does everyone keep thinking I'm joking? 200 coins is serious business.

Also, not taking the same bet twice. On the very low chance that I'm wrong, I don't want to lose 400 coins.

Are you saying this about Metal Face because you want him in? Or is it something else?

I've won at least one avatar bet with WiiRevolution, but I didn't have the heart to cash in. He just believes so hard that characters will get in even when they have no chance, or when he just thought about them getting in for the first time a few minutes ago. It's kinda adorable in a way.

J-Tier

Alright, you know what, if metal-face is a wolf-sized wolf clone, i'm sold. Gotta go all out with the ridiculous. Landmaster final smash, too. If not that, then Ice climber's final.
Welp, that convinced me. Seeing how viable he is as a wolf clone with Ice Climbers' final smash just sold me on him being a shoe-in. They even have his voice recorded already.

"Fancy-Fanc-Fanc-Fanc-Fancy meeting you-Fancy meeting you here Monado boy. Fancy meeting you here Monado boy. Fancy meeting you here Monado boy. Fancy meeting you here Monado boy. Fancy meeting you here Monad-Fancy meeting you here Monado boy."

Can't wait.

That and scale is kept pretty relative within franchise. Sure olimar/kirby are inches tall, and they're scaled up, but within the same franchise, things are roughly the same. The only exception I believe, is pokemon, but, like I said, ROUGHLY. It's not like charizard is 30ft tall normally, compared to pikachu's foot or two.

Charizard is actually taller in Smash than his "real" size. Charizard is super tiny in Pokemon, just barely 5 feet. Lucario should be the size that Kirby is in the game (Lucario is 3 feet tall lol, he needs to grow an entire foot during his final smash), and Kirby should be inches high, but seems a few feet high.

But they all scale well because there's nothing to compare them to in their universe. In Pokemon, apparently everyone in the world is 3-4 feet tall if we go by the Pokedex's height numbers lol.

Which is why I mention Olimar. Because he does have stuff to scale him with (real life stuff), but he scales well so it doesn't matter.

Ridley (and Metal Face) have humans to scale them, so it won't be as easy to scale them down as it is to scale Olimar up.

I highly doubt Metal Face was ever even considered as a playable non-boss character. But you're pretty darn confident and committed with pretty much no evidence, I'll give you that.

Why thank you.

Are you saying this about Metal Face because you want him in? Or is it something else?

I just don't think that a shared stage would be so dramatically different, and the tease at the end just reminds me of Dark Pit tease and I don't think there will be a playable boss mode. I really don't care about him much, but it might make a very unique moveset now that I've thought about it some. Maybe Sakurai just really like Metal Face/moveset idea/Xenoblade, who knows?

Do you have any idea what Metal Face is?
I played around 13 hours of Xenoblade, so yes. He is a huge machine.
That can be shrunk down.

I've won at least one avatar bet with WiiRevolution, but I didn't have the heart to cash in. She just believes so hard that characters will get in even when they have no chance, or when she just thought about them getting in for the first time a few minutes ago. It's kinda adorable in a way.
Fixed. ;)

And what do you mean I believe characters can get in with no chance? Agnes totally has a chance! Dr. Luigi, Emolga, DKJR, Urban Champion all have chances!
The Witch from The Witch's House too. And don't forget Stella from Xenophobia!

I can't wait to prove yall wrong. It will be my greatest achievement. (About Metal Face, not the other characters I listed.)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm not sure if I should make a thread or not for this.

Remember this picture.

hyuGj2v.png
q9NYd0L.png

Yeah, it's the motivation that kept people going on to find more information in the data. People kept searching for more hints so they found some information so PushDustin found something in Smash 3DS data. I'm going to copy and paste the content that was posted in other forum.

All information should be credit to PushDustin.

『だいらんとう大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ for Nintendo 3DS』 のついか追加データをSDカードにつく作ります
SDカードがさ差さっていません でんげん電源をき切って SDカードをさ差してください
SDカードをにんしき認識できませんでした でんげん電源をき切って SDカードをさ差しなおしてください
ついか追加データがこわれているため SDカードに 『だいらんとう大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ for Nintendo 3DS』 のついか追加データをつく作りなお直します
SDカードをにんしき認識できませんでした

= Messages to create data for DLC

(きょうゆう)共有 is the name of the handshake icon in Japanese, which means to have jointly/ to share.

ショップ(きのう)機能 is the DLC store.

Proof that the game has code to load character and stage DLC:

ui/replace/customize/spi_10
ui/script/lib
ui/replace/field
ui/replace
ui/replace/image
ui/replace/stage
ui/replace/profile
ui/replace/figure
ui/replace/customize
test/lumen/resource_font/FOLKH_Light/FOLKH_Light.brf
ui/replace/image/com_bg_d_img
effect/ui
ui/replace/mark
ui/script/util
ui/replace/item
ui/font/lumen
ui/script/app
ui/replace/popup
ui/replace/clear
ui/replace/chr
test
ui/replace/category

The shop will appear on the main menu. There is an extra Nintendo Network logo that I believe is unused.

SMASHOnlineSmash RunGames & MoreChallengeWii UStreetPassTest your skills in classic Smash! Challenge the CPU or nearby players.Connect to the Internet, and test your skills against your friends and the world!Collect boosts in a vast labyrinth to prepare for an epic final battle!Solo and group games, plus Training, custom fighters, the Vault, and more!Take on challenges and win prizes!Connect to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.A StreetSmash of epic proportions! Defeat your rivals and win prizes!ChallengesNotificationsShop

In Japanese it will be called the "Notification Shop"

だいらんとう大乱闘インターネットフィールドスマッシュいろんなあそびクリアゲッターWii Uすれちがいきほん基本となる だいらんとう大乱闘! ひとりでも ちか近くにいるひと人とでもネットをつう通じた だいらんとう大乱闘! フレンドとも せかいじゅう世界中のひと人たちとでもきょだい巨大なせんじょう戦場をか駆けめぐり さいしゅうせん最終戦にいど挑む パワーアップがた型 アクションゲーム!ひとりで みんなで キャラづく作り きょうぎじょう競技場やコレクションもこちらじっせき実績におう応じて ごほうびをゲット!『だいらんとう大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ for Wii U』とのれんどう連動はこちらすれちがいつうしん通信で ライバルをはじきだせ! お落としたかず数で ごほうびゲットクリアゲッターしらせショップに行く

Also I think PushDustin found those following in Wii U Connectivity section. Take a good look at the bolded words.

Connect to a Wii U
 Look for Wii U
Searching for nearby Wii U consoles...
Found [VAR] Wii U consoles!
 Search again
Connecting to [VAR]'s Wii U console...
Connected to [VAR]'s Wii U console.
is available!
is connected.
Please wait for the Wii U console.
Tap to select an option.
Disconnect
Allow copying of customized characters?
No
Yes
Go to the Nintendo 3DS connection screen in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
Wii U
You can exchange custom fighters or use your Nintendo 3DS as a Wii U controller.
Copying of customized characters disabled.
Copying of customized characters enabled.
Found a Wii U console!
A Challenger Approaches!

Japanese

/!Wii Uにつなげる Wii Uをさが探すちか近くにあるWii Uをさが探していますWii Uが

だい台みつかりました!
 もういちどさが探す
“[VAR]”のWii Uにつないでいます…
“[VAR]”のWii Uにつながりました
のWii Uにつなげる
のWii Uにせつぞくちゅう接続中
Wii Uがだいらんとう大乱闘にはい入るまでおま待ちください
タッチしてせんたく選択してください
せつぞく接続をき切る
カスタマイズキャラのコピーをきょか許可
しない
する
『だいらんとう大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ for Wii U』で 「3DSとつなぐ」のがめん画面にすす進んでください
Wii U
3DSほんたい本体をWii Uにせつぞく接続して カスタマイズキャラを やりとりしたり コントローラーとしてつか使うことができます
カスタマイズキャラのコピーをきょか許可しない
カスタマイズキャラのコピーをきょか許可する
Wii Uが1だい台みつかりました!
挑戦者があらわれました

PushDustin's conclusion

The game uses pictures (EFF and BCO for Japanese and English) to animate "A Challenger Appears" on the top screen, so since there is a text version in the dump, either characters are unlocked through connecting to the Wii U, or it will display the text when a character is purchased through the store. Even though I hate to admit it, it's most likely connected to the Wii U menu as there is no other text for the store (it'll probably connect to the E-Shop, or download the page from the Internet). However, there are no additional characters files in the game which severely hurts the chances of this being the case (as the 3DS would have to download quite a bit of data from the Wii U in order to utilize the character).

The 3DS can be used as a controller in 8 player Smash for the Wii U, based on the pictures with the file names: 29CE and 279A (Essentially: the 1-8 Player Icons, and numbers with pictures of 8 fighters). Files with CFC13 are the menu pictures (posted above).

I'm going to add my feedback on it. That would make sense why Smash 3DS' Download Package said that it required 2.1GB awhile the game that we downloaded were 1.1GB or so. I'm not saying that it would happens but who know.

georly

So you don't. And that's why you're in the wrong here.

I mean, all it is is extrapolating dark pit trailer nod > playable dark pit.

That said, it's very wrong.

Also, I don't think characters will ever be unlocked EXCLUSIVELY by connecting to wii U. My guess is that they're FREE or EARLY if you connect a 3DS to Wii U, otherwise, you have to buy them. My Main concern is this: What if you have multiple 3DSes in the family? Does only one 3DS get the extra characters? If everyone does, what's to stop people from allowing any 3DS to connect to their Wii U to unlock free characters.

There's a flaw there, :/

EDIT:

Very interesting stuff there, IntelliHeath. That "A Challenger Approaches" text is in a very interesting spot.
??? I know that (Xenoblade spoilers):
He is a guy in a suit or something like that. Or is there somethng else? I basically already spoiled all of Xenoblade so you can post it if theres something else I don't know.

Also, glad to see more proof of DLC/Connect characters! I hope its announced in the direct, but it may be too soon to announce DLC. You never know with Nintendo.

I'd love if it meant we're definitely getting new characters with the Wii U version, but... the "A Challenger Approaches!" text could also be flavor for Custom Characters/Mii Fighter transfer, right?

Either way, glad to have further confirmation of the shop.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
For people who still doubt that it's temple.

BG8GILL.jpg

EDIT:

Very interesting stuff there, IntelliHeath. That "A Challenger Approaches" text is in a very interesting spot.

Someone suggested a good possibility answer in other thread. He said that it might be used for people to unlocking rest of secret characters for Wii U if you are already did for 3DS version.

Who know. *shrugs*

georly

??? I know that (Xenoblade spoilers):
He is a guy in a suit or something like that. Or is there somethng else? I basically already spoiled all of Xenoblade so you can post it if theres something else I don't know.

Also, glad to see more proof of DLC/Connect characters! I hope its announced in the direct, but it may be too soon to announce DLC. You never know with Nintendo.

That's exactly
right. Which is why scaling him down makes no sense, because then the dude, who was also a human in shulk's world would be about 6 inches tall, so scaled to shulk, would be dumb. So using Mumkhar as playable would actually be pretty great, and have metal face be his final smash.
Metal-face, however, will not be a selectable character, just like how Giga bowser is not a selectable character.

Someone suggested a good possibility answer in other thread. He said that it might be used for people to unlocking rest of secret characters for Wii U if you are already did for 3DS version.

Who know. *shrugs*

That's a good point! Wonder if you have to re-fight them, or if they just unlock.

Do you feel it in your bones Cap?
I've learned not to trust the bones.

image.php

Metal Face isn't too big at all! It doesn't matter if he becomes small compared to Shulk. Don't be silly. This is Smash, anything goes.
If Metal Face is revealed as a boss/stage hazard then I'll most likely give the code right then, unless its left open like Ridley was. And why does everyone keep thinking I'm joking? 200 coins is serious business.
On the very low chance that I'm wrong, I don't want to lose 400 coins.
Just want to remind you:
Sakurai said:
From Xenoblade Chronicles, Shulk joins the battle!! He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series, but we worked really hard to make it happen. We're very happy with how he turned out. This stage is Gaur Plain.

Shulk was unlikely enough, so why would Metal Face be in?

I just don't think that a shared stage would be so dramatically different, and the tease at the end just reminds me of Dark Pit tease and I don't think there will be a playable boss mode. I really don't care about him much, but it might make a very unique moveset now that I've thought about it some. Maybe Sakurai just really like Metal Face/moveset idea/Xenoblade, who knows?
I played around 13 hours of Xenoblade, so yes. He is a huge machine.
That can be shrunk down.
And what do you mean I believe characters can get in with no chance? Agnes totally has a chance! Dr. Luigi, Emolga, DKJR, Urban Champion all have chances!
The Witch from The Witch's House too. And don't forget Stella from Xenophobia!
Technically, they all have chances. They're just not really worth mentioning. Sure, Doshin the Giant might get in, but he would be one of the weirdest additions to date.

Ryce

Metal Face is an NPC from the most obscure/poorest selling IP represented in Smash Bros., and he's one of the few characters where the "too big" argument genuinely applies. I'm having a hard time believing that anyone truly thinks he'll be playable. That's mind boggling.

That's exactly
right. Which is why scaling him down makes no sense, because then the dude, who was also a human in shulk's world would be about 6 inches tall, so scaled to shulk, would be dumb. So using Mumkhar as playable would actually be pretty great, and have metal face be his final smash.
Metal-face, however, will not be a selectable character, just like how Giga bowser is not a selectable character.

That's a good point! Wonder if you have to re-fight them, or if they just unlock.
It doesn't matter how small it makes him, still think he'll get in. ;)
Metal Face is an NPC from the most obscure/poorest selling IP represented in Smash Bros., and he's one of the few characters where the "too big" argument genuinely applies. I'm having a hard time believing that anyone truly thinks he'll be playable. That's mind boggling.
Just shrink him down, thats the answer to life's biggest mysteries. And plus, Sakurai might just like the game/character alot. Who knows? We will find out by 12/31/15 if I win or lose, maybe even on the 23rd. :O

Lettuce just take a seat, sit back, and just sit ln our thoughts on Metal Face until he is confirmed. Seriously, in my head he shrinks down quite well. Then again, you don't want to be in my head.

Technically, they all have chances. They're just not really worth mentioning. Sure, Doshin the Giant might get in, but he would be one of the weirdest additions to date.

Doshin is too big. He even has GIANT in his name.

It did well enough for itself, but on an order of magnitude it's far and away the lowest selling franchise in Smash Bros. represented by a character.

Isn't the Mother series technically the lowest selling franchise? I thought Xenoblade surpassed 1 million across all regions?

Jawmuncher

I'll be going into the direct as unenthusiastic as possible.
That way if something big comes out of it my hype can just sky rocket.
While if not I can just finish watching and shrug my shoulders.

Of course, your avatar is a Pikmin ghost, you have no bones. XD
Pikmin_skeleton.jpg

Pikmin are biological mysteries. They have a skeleton, yet at the same time they have plant-like features.

Let's not forget that Piranha Plants are vertebrates.
3XYp53g.jpg

Then again, you don't want to be in my head.
BlxiANw.jpg

I'm imagining this but with human-sized giant mechs.

Doshin is too big. He even has GIANT in his name.
He can be shrunk down, just like Metal Face can!

/s

Doshin is my go-to joke character for new additions, for the record.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be going into the direct as unenthusiastic as possible.
That way if something big comes out of it my hype can just sky rocket.
While if not I can just finish watching and shrug my shoulders.
Only thing I'm hoping for is a demo to be released internationally sometime before November 21.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
WiiRevolution is convinced Metal Face is playable based on the trailer plus datamining info, and the fact he thinks they won't add a stage boss to Gaur Plains in the Wii U version. Maybe it's just an ongoing joke though.

Edit: Oh damn it. Looks like the post I was responding too was old.

not Agnes? :p

Dude, Agnes is practically confirmed I don't know what you're talking about. Did you not see the leaks?

The gimped version ( :/ ) being out doesn't really mean much. Fortunately, I guess.
$40 to let me play 2 months early was totally worth it. I would be dying reading all the discoveries every day on here.

well duh, the two versions are supposed to be different
Right, but how different are they? There was a lot of discussion about this, and evidence is pointing more and more toward "really different". That's exciting.

Hatchtag

Banned
Some fun tidbits from the announcer answering questions:
-They told him to immitate Pat Cashman, the Brawl announcer, so I assume they couldn't book the original guy.
-They recorded back in April, so that would mean the E3 demo couldn't have been fully complete until at least then.
-Bowser Jr was a favorite of his to record
-He tried to give each character a bit of personality in calling out their name
-Can't say the names of any Nintendo-owned characters and won't break NDA about characters that may have been recorded.
-Isn't in the loop for the dev process, so he wouldn't be aware of what got in or didn't get in to the Wii U version.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm glad that for me Smash 3DS will the role of Smash on the go so I'll still have use for it when Smash U comes out. In fact my progress in it is likely slower than most since I've mostly stuck to playing it only on the go.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The gimped version ( :/ ) being out doesn't really mean much. Fortunately, I guess.

So you've joined the dark side, I see.

3DS game was an interesting diversion, but after transferring over whatever I can I will probably unload my copy and get most of my money back for it.

WiiRevolution has completely wrecked my understanding of what's serious and what's not. I'm assuming you're joking, but just to be safe; those leaks were faked.

:lol

Son Of D

I'll be honest, once Smash Wii U releases I'll likely sell my Smash 3DS. I know I won't play it enough afterwards to warrant it outside of maybe a quick 20 minute game on a long journey.

Golnei

-Can't say the names of any Nintendo-owned characters and won't break NDA about characters that may have been recorded.

Possibly the single upside to certain intellectual properties being purchased by Microsoft.

Alternatively, I guess Miiverse will be happy.

J-Tier

You guys think we'll get a DHD and Bowser Jr. trailer for the Direct? Seems like it'll be all new stuff, but I can't think of an appropriate opportunity for those guys to get trailers--if they'll get one at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom