• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Club Nintendo: digital rewards now available

Rich!

oh yess!!!! gba games! I lost my ambassador games yonks ago, so this is awesome

however

Website Name:
stars.nintendo-europe.comURL Checked:
no responseResponse Time:
unknownLast Down:
DOWN
Stars.nintendo-europe.com is DOWN
It is not just you. The server is not responding...

ffs

Is it actually the full content pack, or is it just a Link Unlock as it is difficult to tell.

Edit: Full content pack, which seems like a decent price.

Sorry, I meant half of it as in not the Animal Crossing stuff. So the DLC sells for £12, but to get all of it you'd have to pay £8 for the AC pack separately, meaning this is 2100 Stars for £4 of value.

Basically.

Rich!

PAGE OFFLINE

We’re sorry, but this page is offline for maintenance. It will be online again shortly. Please check back later.
lol nintendo

Because you're not from Switzerland where they have to offer multiple languages due to them all being official languages. The CN catalog covers those countries, too so they have to offer all the codes.

I see, that makes sense... It didn't bother me that much, as the German translation is actually serviceable, but it would have been nice to have the option to choose.

Hmm. Think I'll grab Metroid II, even though I still have the original cartridge.

daxgame

omg this is cool. I have a ton of stars that are going to expire in september one last time and still wasn't sure how to use them. Now to decide...

Rich!

wait, hang on

those AREN'T the ambassador games?! awww fuck. you can have this shit back, nintendo
asjrtz.png
*throws*

Why is Mario's Picross for Wii U so expensive lol.

I think I'll get Super Metroid and Art Academy for Wii U. I have like 4500 stars. Too bad no Earthbound.

(if the site starts working again)

MrPanic

Jup, all the complaints coming in about the not-3ds games caused someone having to pull the emergency break on the catalog. Customer support is gonna have the time of their life today.

Ladekabel

Copmplain to customer support claiming you were miss-sold. I'd be interested to see if they "correct" your stars or actually generate a download code for ambassador Metroid Fusion (it could be technically possible to do but it requires the relevant department to do something).

Unless you've already started the download in which case, oh well...

Didn't thought about that. Tried to redeem the code on my n3DS and got an error. Turned on the Wii U, used the code and downloaded the game.
Probably should've waited as I would have preferred it on the 3DS but I don't have a problem with it being the Wii U version either.

Khrno

I thought my 7800 stars were going to waste, but now, whenever the site works again, I'll get to buy a few games, I actually have most of them already.

The NOA catalog catalog was better and it had full retail games, this one sucks, but at least is something.

PtM

Banned
wait, hang on

those AREN'T the ambassador games?! awww fuck. you can have this shit back, nintendo
asjrtz.png
*throws*
*claps* I laughed out loud.
Didn't thought about that. Tried to redeem the code on my n3DS and got an error. Turned on the Wii U, used the code and downloaded the game.
Probably should've waited as I would have preferred it on the 3DS but I don't have a problem with it being the Wii U version either.
Because you own a U AND haven't already downloaded them there.

Dear Sir / Madame,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Due to huge interest in Nintendo we receive a large number of enquiries, but don't worry, we'll respond as quickly as we can.

In the meantime thank you for your patience.

Nintendo Customer Support Team

Boo.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Me when they announced the CN program is coming to an end: hmmmm better wait if they announce digital rewards for Europe.
Me when they announced digital rewards for Europe: hmmmm maybe there'll be more cool physical awards.

I've got like 8000 stars to spend. Fucking first world problems.

Those prices are disgusting. Even for digital codes which cost nintendo essentially nothing, we get the short end of the stick compared to america. Some of these are equal to 4-5 times what America was paying, for crying out loud.

PtM

Banned
Those prices are disgusting. Even for digital codes which cost nintendo essentially nothing, we get the short end of the stick compared to america. Some of these are equal to 4-5 times what America was paying, for crying out loud.
One coin equals 5 stars.

And 4 stars equal one €ent.

It might shock you to find out that stars are coins are different currencies.

For example a retail Wii U game in America give 50 coins while here it gives 250 stars.

MicH

I've accumulated a shit ton of CN codes because there were no good digital rewards for years. Now I can finally use them!!! Just spent 30 minutes checking all DS, Wii, 3DS and Wii U game boxes. Found so many codes I'll redeem later today. Yay!!

TheMoon

I've accumulated a shit ton of CN codes because there were no good digital rewards for years. Now I can finally use them!!! Just spent 30 minutes checking all DS, Wii, 3DS and Wii U game boxes. Found so many codes I'll redeem later today. Yay!!

And most of them will have expired.

sasliquid

Do we know whats happening with the star system or whatevers replacing it? I have about 800 stars now but was planning on getting a wii u this summer...

One coin equals 5 stars.

And 4 stars equal one €ent.

I know. I can do mathematics, thanks. I had already taken that into account.

As a couple of examples:
Golden sun : 200 coins. vs 3900 Stars. (19.5x increase)
Dillion 2: 300 coins vs 5600 stars. (18.5 x increase)
Chibi robo photo finder: 250 coins vs 7300 stars (29.2x increase)

So, by your own claim, of 1 coin = 5 stars, several of the games are 4-6 times more expensive, just like I said.

.So what was your point?

Zomba13

While I would have liked to spend some stars and get Links Awakening for cheap I still think I'm ok with spending 4000 stars on a Mario hat.

gerudoman

I'd like to see HarmoKnight as a reward just to see how much they'd charge for it. No less than 9000 stars, that's for sure lol.

Uh... It didn't recognised download code for Minish Cap on Wii U. So I tried it on 3DS... and it worked!
I'm not sure what's happening but Minish Cap is on 3DS.

gerudoman

Uh... It didn't recognised download code for Minish Cap on Wii U. So I tried it on 3DS... and it worked!
I'm not sure what's happening but Minish Cap is on 3DS.

Lol, what a mess. Can you please confirm if it's the same version as the Ambassador Program one (no suspend function)?

You know the rules, pic or didnt happen

Lol, what a mess. Can you please confirm if it's the same version as the Ambassador Program one (no suspend function)?
When pressing Home button it says everything unsaved will be lost, is that it? That's my first Virtual Console game, so I'm not sure how it supposed to work.

EDIT: "If you close the Nintendo 3DS system while this software is running, the system will not enter Sleep Mode."

gerudoman

When pressing Home button it says everything unsaved will be lost, is that it? That's my first Virtual Console game, so I'm not sure how it supposed to work.

If the game keeps playing in the background despite having pressed Home then yes, it's the Ambassador version.

So yeah, Ambassador versions confirmed. Which is nice, but given the number of stars they're asking for it one would think that the emulation issues would be solved.

Cheers mate!

EDIT: "If you close the Nintendo 3DS system while this software is running, the system will not enter Sleep Mode."

Thanks, I believed you but just wanted the be an early 2000's dick

Jofamo

Can someone create a graph comparing the actual eShop price of these titles compared to the Star cost? It would be a great addition to the OP.

Some of these offer great value, such as A Link to the Past SNES for 1300 stars, but some like NES Remix 1 for 2600 and NES Remix 2 for 5200 are just confusing, considering they cost the same on the shop.

It'd interesting to know which games are the best value for the cost in stars.

Robin64

Wait, so they ARE the 3DS ambassador versions after all?

Edit: I think the guy above is trying to pull our leg. The site is back up and all the GBA games now have the Wii U logo.

A question about Stars : I just tied my eshop account with nintendo club account, does it mean that all my previous purchases on the eshop cannot give me stars ?

A question about Stars : I just tied my eshop account with nintendo club account, does it mean that all my previous purchases on the eshop cannot give me stars ?
Correct. You must make the link before the purchase in order for it to count.

There is one exception which is the Wii U hardware itself which will register every time you link (you'll only get a registration survey the first time).

Top Bottom