• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Club Nintendo: digital rewards now available

TheMoon

Do we know whats happening with the star system or whatevers replacing it? I have about 800 stars now but was planning on getting a wii u this summer...

no new games starting April 1 will come with codes anymore, you can still register codes you have until April 20, though. everything is closing on September 30 for good (everything dead by then). after that, the new service launches (which is the one they announced this week will be developed with DeNA and span everything they do from now on).

JP

Fantastic, I've been waiting years for them to give games like they do in the US. Would happily swap all my unused Game & Watch, Soundtrack CDs, etc for stuff like this.

Wait, so they ARE the 3DS ambassador versions after all?

Edit: I think the guy above is trying to pull our leg. The site is back up and all the GBA games now have the Wii U logo.

I don't know what's happening but I did get Minish Cap on 3DS instead of Wii U. Maybe it was an error on Nintendo side, maybe Stars catalog has wrong description and these really are 3DS ambassador versions.

So for now - buy at your own risk, especially if you don't own both 3DS and Wii U, I guess.

Site's down again. It's all the load they can take:

jxcgxQ4.gif

I'll come back later.

Still hoping for physical goodies until september, although it doesn't look good (even Game & Watch gone after all these years), but at least there's something for worst case now.

azyless

For a second I thought advance wars was available on 3ds :/
Nothing really interesting to me so far, I'm still hoping for more physical stuff to spend my 5000 stars on.

Boem

Wow, didn't expect those WiiU codes to work on the 3DS. Could be great for me, as I only have 2100 stars and already have everything listed for 3DS that I want at that price. Can anyone confirm if Mario & Luigi or WarioWare is for 3DS? I don't have a WiiU so I don't want to risk it.

Edit: Or Metroid Fusion.

I'll probably try getting Metroid Fusion to see if it can be redeemed on 3DS. Has anyone purchased Fusion and gotten it working on WiiU?

Well, the fact I forgot I spent 3000 odd points on Wii points to get Super Mario Kart for the MK8 discount a while back is balanced out by the fact I've just found 15 codes amongst my physical games alone, plus the decent chunk of digital games I've not bothered to complete the survey on. Now just to decide what to grab. Thinking I may get Mario Tennis, and ALTTP if I've got enough left over.

TheMoon

Can anyone confirm if Mario & Luigi or WarioWare is for 3DS? I don't have a WiiU so I don't want to risk it.

Mario & Luigi never came out on 3DS in any shape or form. That is the Wii U GBA VC game.

Mario Kart 8 OST will be there at some point. I'm sure of it. I'm crossing fingers for Tropical Freeze OST.

TF isn't happening since Japan didn't get it and MK8 is their farewell OST, it appears.

Boem

I'm about to take one for the team and see if the WarioWare code for 3ds (when the site works that is).

If it doesn't I guess I have a WarioWare code to give to anyone with a WiiU (but please don't PM me about this, I'll disqualify anyone who does that. I'll let it know in this thread when I'm going to give it away).

Rich!

Anyone got a code for a lovely GBA game to spare for lovely old me? To try redeeming on my 3DS (redeemed f zero on the U...)

In return I can send you a knock off game boy, some cheap DS games and A MYSTERY DS TITLE THAT HAS NO LAAAABEEELLLL

Basically a load of tat. And some GBA real cart titles.

Hang about, just looked a bit deeper. Is the Mario Tennis on the list the GBC version or the 3DS one? Not going to bother with it if it's the former.

Rich!

Hang about, just looked a bit deeper. Is the Mario Tennis on the list the GBC version or the 3DS one? Not going to bother with it if it's the former.

But...the former is one of the best games Nintendo has ever made. The latter is a shit piece of low content crap.

But...the former is one of the best games Nintendo has ever made. The latter is a shit piece of low content crap.

Really? Hmm, may take a look into it, never looked too much into it beyond what I played on a 3DS demo unit and knew the old Golf games were standouts, didn't remember much about the Tennis ones.

Top Bottom