• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Club Nintendo: digital rewards now available

sasliquid

no new games starting April 1 will come with codes anymore, you can still register codes you have until April 20, though. everything is closing on September 30 for good (everything dead by then). after that, the new service launches (which is the one they announced this week will be developed with DeNA and span everything they do from now on).

So if get a Wii U this summer it wont get points or whatever the new thing is?

Rich!

Really? Hmm, may take a look into it, never looked too much into it beyond what I played on a 3DS demo unit and knew the old Golf games were standouts, didn't remember much about the Tennis ones.

Mario Tennis GBC is a superb RPG and a fantastic tennis game. Just like Golf.

MLH

So if get a Wii U this summer it wont get points or whatever the new thing is?

Games and consoles manufactured before April 1st will come with club Nintendo codes and can still be used up to September 30th. But AFAIK Wii U consoles don't come with club Nintendo codes and are instead registered when you link your club Nintendo account, so it's possible that will terminate on April 20th depending on your interpretation of this:

Club Nintendo Discontinuation Schedule

- April 1st 2015:
From this date, Nintendo will no longer include product registration cards with its packaged games, so such products cannot be registered in Club Nintendo. You may still find product registration cards in games that were in stock before this date, however.

- April 20th 2015:
Termination of the registration of digital products downloaded from Nintendo eShop. Digital products obtained from Nintendo eShop after this date will no longer appear in the My Registered Games & Systems page in Club Nintendo. In addition, surveys for download software titles will no longer be available.

- September 30th 2015:
End of Club Nintendo programme. All Club Nintendo features, such as signing up as a new member, logging in as a registered member, earning Stars, and exchanging Stars for items from the Stars Catalogue will no longer be possible from this date.

cHinzo

So much stars needed for a single game. I guess I still got 4k left. Gonna see if there are some interesting stuff around. Is Minish Cap for the 3DS. Havent player any Zelda game yet, but the Minish Cap seems loved by many people.

TheMoon

Games and consoles manufactured before April 1st will come with club Nintendo codes and can still be used up to September 30th. But AFAIK Wii U consoles don't come with club Nintendo codes and are instead registered when you link your club Nintendo account, so it's possible that will terminate on April 20th depending on your interpretation of this:

New 3DS also doesn't come with codes. It's pretty clear that all code registrations will stop on April 20 while no new software released after April 1 (Xenoblade 3D will be the first one) will come with codes.

Debs

Didn't think EU would add games to the stars catalog so I wasted all my stars on a soundtrack, wish I hadn't bought it now :(

TheMoon

Didn't think EU would add games to the stars catalog so I wasted all my stars on a soundtrack, wish I hadn't bought it now :(

"wasted" on a unique collector's item you could potentially still sell for mad profit when you could've gotten games that are cheap to buy for anyone.

So guys, it is confirmed that minish cap works on 3ds?

Anynody has tried another gba title on 3ds except metroid fusion (which seems to be for wiiu)?

JP

When you purchased it, was it showing as 3DS or WiiU?
Sorry, just seen this. It was showing as Wii U, I don't have it on the Wii U so even if it was it would have been OK but I really wanted it on the 3DS. I just trusted that other people on here had got it.

Boem

So, since there wasn't anything available on 3DS for the stars that I had that I wanted and didn't have already I decided to take the plunge and try to see if WarioWare worked on 3DS.

It doesn't!

No big deal to me, but now I have a WiiU code for Wario to give to whoever wants it. I'm hoping someone is willing to trade for any other 3DS code, otherwise I'll just give it to whoever quotes me first. My most wanted game on that list was Minish Cap, so if anyone with a WiiU happened to have bought that by mistake I'm happy to trade that 3DS code for my WiiU WarioWare. Minish Cap was more expensive though, but I might have some steam codes to throw in to sweeten the deal. I'll have to check what exactly though.

So, since there wasn't anything available on 3DS for the stars that I had that I wanted and didn't have already I decided to take the plunge and try to see if WarioWare worked on 3DS.

It doesn't!

No big deal to me, but now I have a WiiU code for Wario to give to whoever wants it. I'm hoping someone is willing to trade for any other 3DS code, otherwise I'll just give it to whoever quotes me first. My most wanted game on that list was Minish Cap, so if anyone with a WiiU happened to have bought that by mistake I'm happy to trade that 3DS code for my WiiU WarioWare. Minish Cap was more expensive though, but I might have some steam codes to throw in to sweeten the deal. I'll have to check what exactly though.

I wish I had something to trade, but if you don't find anyone, I'd be happy to take it

Rich!

I'll give people 24 hours to make me a better offer, otherwise it's yours.

I can send you £3 on paypal!

lol

But really, honestly, I would pay someone for a minish cap code. I want it on my 3DS, and this would be the only way :(

MrPanic

What's up with the whacky pricing on the GBA games, aren't all the gba games price the same on WiiU? Why make the difference here.

Any other ambassador 3ds confirmed besides Minish Cap? Did anyone get the other gba games that got the 3900 star price?

Iryx

I'm so glad they did offer some digital stuff at last, had lots of codes lying around, picked up Minish Cap and ALttP.

Boem

If I don't get a refund on the GBA games for Wii U, I'l give the codes away on here.

Do you mean you have a Wii U and want to trade for 3DS versions or the other way around? Because I have a Wii U code for WarioWare, and I'd love to trade for a 3DS code for Minish Cap.

I also e-mailed Nintendo just in case, but I'm not expecting much.

TheMoon

I have codes for the Wii U versions of metroid fusion and warioware, and I'd like to swap ideally. Otherwise free give away.

I'd like to take Metroid Fusion off your hands but I got nothing to swap. So if nobody else comes up with anything, I'm raising my greedy hand (
that I just washed, FYI
). :D

iKhayal18

I have codes for the Wii U versions of metroid fusion and warioware, and I'd like to swap ideally. Otherwise free give away.

And I would LOVE and really appreciate (<3<3<3<3) to get Wario Ware for Wii U. I don't have enough starts (I just need 350 more stars :( -> at least two more games) and I really loved the game when I had it for GBA :(

MrPanic

I guess this will be a good time to fill out all the digital game surveys. This is gonna be boring.
Anything in particular from the catalog you want for Warioware? Has to be equal or less stars than Warioware because I'm a cheapskate.

Saiyan-Rox

Seeing all these GBA games on the wii u still makes angry

I'd be all over golden sun for my 3ds but GBA on the Wii u seem pointless. Might grab the link dlc just.

Also good to see downloadable content on the catalogue now hopefully whatever replaces club Nintendo keeps these.

Mr-Joker

Banned

You sure about this because my Mario Party 10 code keeps coming up as expired. :|

I guess this will be a good time to fill out all the digital game surveys. This is gonna be boring.

@TheOnlyOneHeEverFeared: Anything in particular from the catalog you want for Warioware? Has to be equal or less stars than Warioware because I'm a cheapskate.

Like links awakening or something. Better than nothing.

Dee Dee

lol, I have like 300 stars....

At least it checks out with the horrible pricing, I used to chalk out 4000 stars for Wii points to buy one game. Won't complain.

Hope the next program has this from the start, with less shit pricing.

You sure about this because my Mario Party 10 code keeps coming up as expired. :|

There's some codes of recent games that expired in March, look for a date on the paper. I've seen it on Bayonetta 2 and I think games since then had that expiration date. Codes from before last way way longer. In fact I'm surprised MP10 still came with a code.

Edit: meanwhile I still can't access the catalogue of my country (Belgium) it just gives a loaded blank page. The UK one shows but obviously I can't log-in there. Eh maybe tomorrow then.

Mr-Joker

Banned
There's some codes of recent games that expired in March, look for a date on the paper. I've seen it on Bayonetta 2 and I think games since then had that expiration date. Codes from before last way way longer. In fact I'm surprised MP10 still came with a code.

No it's due to expire the end of this month so I don't know why Club Nintendo is rejecting it.

I think it might be due to the fact that Mario Party 10 isn't officially released yet until Friday.

No it's due to expire the end of this month so I don't know why Club Nintendo is rejecting it.

I think it might be due to the fact that Mario Party 10 isn't officially released yet until Friday.

Ohh ok, probably that's the reason then. Wasn't sure whether the date was at the beginning or end of March.

jimi_dini

Wait, Mario Party 10 will get released tomorrow in Europe. Maybe the code isn't enabled yet?

If it will still come up as expired tomorrow, just contact Nintendo. They can remove expiration dates from codes. And they can even give you a replacement code.

I'll probably get NES Remix 1, considering I have (and love) 2. Any reason not to?

Mario Kart 8 OST will come at some point. If you have lots of points, then go for it. NES Remix is awesome. But Mario Kart 8 OST will be even more awesome.

The site is not working for me, it's been weeks. I barely get to a game page, but the buttons don't work, so I can buy anything... someone here with the same problem?

Which browser are you using? Page works perfectly fine for me using latest Firefox Internet Browser.

The site is not working for me, it's been weeks. I barely get to a game page, but the buttons don't work, so I can buy anything... someone here with the same problem?

MicH

So I finally finished gathering all my unused codes and checking their expiration dates. All in all I still have 28 valid codes to register and 5 were expired. Everything else had already been registered some years ago, so that is really not too bad! (I had a code that expired on 28-02-2015 which hurt a little lol)

Now the real pain begins...

GRW810

Why oh why oh why did this not happen years ago?

Hana Samurai and Duck Hunt for me, though I did consider Dillon's Rolling Western. Ridiculously high prices, mind.

EDIT: That cool Mario Kart seems to have been removed since I last checked the catalogue. Should have grabbed it while I had the chance.

Boem

So I finally finished gathering all my unused codes and checking their expiration dates. All in all I still have 28 valid codes to register and 5 were expired. Everything else had already been registered some years ago, so that is really not too bad! (I had a code that expired on 28-02-2015 which hurt a little lol)

This is a long shot, but if you happen to have some points left after you choose your stuff I have a code for a WiiU version of WarioWare that I can't use as I don't have a Wii (bought it hoping that it'd work on 3DS, like Minish Cap, but it didn't). I'd be very happy to trade it for a 3DS code for Minish Cap if you want (along with a bunch of Steam codes from humble bundles over the years if you're interested).

Got Minish Cap on 3DS, thanks for the tip guys!

It's kind of baffling they wouldn't put these games on sale for everyone at this point. I don't think ambassadors would mind that much.

jimi_dini

This is a long shot, but if you happen to have some points left after you choose your stuff I have a code for a WiiU version of WarioWare that I can't use as I don't have a Wii (bought it hoping that it'd work on 3DS, like Minish Cap, but it didn't).

just fyi - the download code seems to be valid until end of this year. Which means if you plan to buy a Wii U soon, then the code will still work.

EDIT: btw. I was able to still register Resident Evil Mercenaries (3DS) some weeks ago. the first Professor Layton game on 3DS also worked. Both of those were not listed on Nintendo's stars page anymore, but the codes still worked.

And you can also get 100 stars for free by downloading Pokémon Shuffle & IRONFALL Invasion on 3DS.

mark118

Neo Member

you should still try the expired codes, i had one expired by about a month and it still worked

GRW810

Aura Aura Climber is a great little game if you've got 600 stars spare. I highly recommend it.

Speaking in terms of perspective to the rest of the list, is NES Remix a bargain at 2600? It's half the price of other eShop titles like Dillon's Rolling Western.

Tenrius

Oh well, activated all my codes, but I'm still 300 stars short of getting NES Remix 2. Perhaps I should go for some of those Virtual Console games.

Top Bottom