• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO 2015: Street Fighter 5 Panel @ 2PST/5EST

I can guarantee that there will be a pay for it option

Yeah, but you don't *have* to pay, which was the important thing to me.

And unless I'm misunderstanding him, this also applies to every extra character they release. You play, earn "fight money," and that's how you can buy new characters/costumes.

edit: yeah, he just confirmed that you can spend real money to get "fight money" if you don't have the patience to earn.

CKOdcPNUAAAq4Ot.jpg
Genius. Going the F2P route with virtual currency. Earn or buy. This is great news for them. Sustainable income is great for competitive games.

SmokeMaxX

Not sure how I feel about free characters. Great for the consumer, but Capcom isn't exactly in great financial shape and plus the more money they make from updates, the more they can sponsor/support Capcom Cup like tournaments. I hope they support the game with a lot of optional DLC like costumes/colors.

I welcome the LoL style play to earn more characters. Lets people like me play a bunch who love the process of unlocking but for the whales out there they get to buff capcom's wallets.

Boke1879

Not sure how I feel about free characters. Great for the consumer, but Capcom isn't exactly in great financial shape and plus the more money they make from updates, the more they can sponsor/support Capcom Cup like tournaments. I hope they support the game with a lot of optional DLC like costumes/colors.

I honestly think majority of players will still pay to unlock. Especially tourny players. I'm sure they'd rather have the character unlocked as soon as possible.

kirblar

They're only free if you grind it out. I'll be buying the vast majority day 1 cause I don't play enough.

King Smugkage will have like 5 sets of free DLC tho.

Tizoc

Honestly I don't mind this model, there are many here who put hundreds of hours into SSF4, the more you play the more stuff you can unlock.

Top Bottom