• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO 2015: Street Fighter 5 Panel @ 2PST/5EST

Tizoc

Why couldn't they name the currency
tumblr_inline_ms5q3jEXjf1qz4rgp.jpg

Ohh yeah Juri hasn't been leaked I don't think. Still room for her.
Ryu
Chun
Bison
Nash
Cammy
Birdie
New 1
New 2
New 3
New 4
Alex
Urien
Mika
Karin
Ken
???
So Juri probably is the last character (there would not be a SF4 rep prob0? Guess we do know the roster supposedly....

Man, an in game currency is going to be soooo good. You know you're going to be salty when you lose money in ranked matches if that's the route they go.

And also...

MONEY MATCHES. If they did that it would be amazing.

Volodja

Except you don't have to pay for LoL to begin with.
There was always gonna be added characters that would have to be paid for (or "paid for" with this model considering that it can just take time) on top of the starting lineup, be it through further versions or paid dlc or this way. I made my peace with that long ago.
Which is fantastic. So glad they're doing this with Street Fighter.
I'm not a fan of the system on MOBAs, but most of my objections are more tied to them being team games and to the way such a model impacts the hero and game design of games like that.

That said, it remains to be seen what the prices are, because they could still make them absurd, rendering the whole thing pretty bad.

So with the Siliconera leaks we now know all the launch characters, yeah?

Even with Siliconera's leaks it only puts the character count at 15. There's still one more. Aside from that, we need one of those questionable characters to be announced before we know if it's true. Like Mika or Karin.

So then how would this paying system work with new mechanics? Like, they introduced ultra combo doubles in USF4, here would you have to grind for that per character, grind for that 'upgrade' overall, or get it for free?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ohh yeah Juri hasn't been leaked I don't think. Still room for her.
Ryu
Chun
Bison
Nash
Cammy
Birdie
New 1
New 2
New 3
New 4
Alex
Urien
Mika
Karin
Ken
???

I'm not 100% sure with Mika, Karin, Alex and Urien rumor from that website, since the source could have use rumored list and send them in.

Who know! *shrugs*

So then how would this paying system work with new mechanics? Like, they introduced ultra combo doubles in USF4, here would you have to grind for that per character, grind for that 'upgrade' overall, or get it for free?
I'd wager all new mechanics and balance patches are free and automatic, new characters are pay/grind.

kirblar

Buffs for weaker characters for balance is so much better than nerfs.
Note that Combo said "Greatly Nerf" - the big issue isn't toning someone like USF4 Cammy down, it's that pulling a 3S Sean on a character is just bad for the game, period.

Isomac

So pay 60€ for game and then buy SF coins for 99.99€ best deal? What do I even do with the free currency at launch, if I can't buy costumes with it?

If they are going this route just make the whole game F2P.

Amedo310

In before you have to play 2000 matches to unlock one character haha

We'll see how they balance paid content with the system. It's always the dealbreaker.

Or even worse, Capcom some how follows XDZW's money process where people has to earn a certain amount of money in 30 days to unlock characters. All players' currency went to zero at the end of every month.

delSai

So pay 60€ for game and then buy SF coins for 99.99€ best deal? What do I even do with the free currency at launch, if I can't buy costumes with it?

If they are going this route just make the whole game F2P.

You still get 16 characters

Not sure, didn't Ken Bogard say no R. Mika? Plus he ended up being right about the 16 characters thing.
He said "Any list with R.Mika in it is probably bullshit" but also said in both the initial leak and in later conversations that he has no clue about who the returning vets are, only the newcomers.

Top Bottom