• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO 2015: Street Fighter 5 Panel @ 2PST/5EST

Syntsui

While Money Matches using in-game currency seems cool, if you can buy everything ingame with that currency we'll be seeing a lot of people exploiting and selling it, just like MMOs.

Buy Premium currency to get a character for $20 or buy Match Money from www .cheapzfightmuney. com for $15..Seller invites buyer and just stands there.

Where did you get the info we will be able to sell/trade money/items? Or do you mean in a way ''I will bet everything I have and lose on purpose so you can get these zennies you paid with IRL money at ebay?

Clawww

I know it's prolly unpopular but I'm gonna miss big content updates ala super ae or ultra. Having so many new things at once really freshens up the game and kinda gives it a new lease on life imo. I doubt vanilla sf4 woulda pulled 2000 entrants this year if it had only had roster updates and no big mechanical changes to go along with them. Hyper fighting is a different game than st for instance.

Ehatev they could still do something similar with a more consumer friendly approach.

I feel you.

it's still not out of the question that they might do some kind big marquee patch annually or something, with more more exhaustive changes, bug fixes, new online modes, new DLC stuff, and maybe 2 chars instead of 1?

Where did you get the info we will be able to sell/trade money/items? Or do you mean in a way ''I will bet everything I have and lose on purpose so you can get these zennies you paid with IRL money at ebay?

i doubt the hurdles would be worth the marginal interesting in something like that. that kind of trading doesn't make sense without super luxury items being on the line.

Armaly

If money matching fight money is a thing do you guys think we'll have more account invasions like there are for ea's fifa currency?

grimmiq

People are talking about the possibility of wagering their ingame currency in online matches adding a new dimension to online play.

MMOs for years have had goldsellers, they play the game for 14+ hours a day (usually in really shitty living conditions) earning currency. Depending on how SFV's currency works this could be difficult to do or easy to exploit (Like if you get Match money from rooms, 1 guy with 2 consoles constantly perfecting himself "online" earning Match Money).

New player comes along wanting to play a DLC character (or all characters) but doesn't want to play for 50 hours to unlock them all, so goes to a website and buys the currency required for slightly less than what Capcom sells the premium currency for.

New players pays with paypal on the website, goldseller invites player to a room, wagers whatever amount the guy paid for with real money and just stands there, new player gets his absurd amount of match money. Though this could be fought by limiting wagers.

Jiraiza

People are talking about the possibility of wagering their ingame currency in online matches adding a new dimension to online play.

MMOs for years have had goldsellers, they play the game for 14+ hours a day (usually in really shitty living conditions) earning currency. Depending on how SFV's currency works this could be difficult to do or easy to exploit (Like if you get Match money from rooms, 1 guy with 2 consoles constantly perfecting himself "online" earning Match Money).

New player comes along wanting to play a DLC character (or all characters) but doesn't want to play for 50 hours to unlock them all, so goes to a website and buys the currency required for slightly less than what Capcom sells the premium currency for.

New players pays with paypal on the website, goldseller invites player to a room, wagers whatever amount the guy paid for with real money and just stands there, new player gets his absurd amount of match money. Though this could be fought by limiting wagers.

1 out of every 5 match, you come across a gold seller who just stands there and does nothing.

...Oh god, it could happen.

grimmiq

1 out of every 5 match, you come across a gold seller who just stands there and does nothing.

...Oh god, it could happen.

Also a problem, I would assume you get match money even if you lose online (If not, I am absolutely fucked as someone new wanting to play). If MMO bots can run from place to place gathering/fighting, I can see SFV bots continuously joining online matches and do nothing but jab, lose the match, join a new one, nothing but jab 24 hours a day.

Some people would report for botting, others would love the free win.

Also a problem, I would assume you get match money even if you lose online (If not, I am absolutely fucked as someone new wanting to play). If MMO bots can run from place to place gathering/fighting, I can see SFV bots continuously joining online matches and do nothing but jab, lose the match, join a new one, nothing but jab 24 hours a day.

maybe some form of match making / rank system could alleviate that somehow.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

That sounds really easy to detect but yeah it's definitely a worry when porting something to PC. Especially considering offline matches pretty much have to give you some sort of currency, surely no one can be as idiotic as Namco was with SCV.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2015-07-1902_58_48-reizjoi.png

grimmiq

That sounds really easy to detect but yeah it's definitely a worry when porting something to PC. Especially considering offline matches pretty much have to give you some sort of currency, surely no one can be as idiotic as Namco was with SCV.

I'm just wary of in-game currency that can change hands and PC, especially with a company that hasn't handled that before.

alstein

I'm just wary of in-game currency that can change hands and PC, especially with a company that hasn't handled that before.

Yeah, this announcement might end up selling me a PS4. I suspect PS4 users will lock out PC users due to rampant cheating. Capcom has no idea of the beast they're unleashing with this.

At worst, this will ruin the online modes. I'm almost changing my mind and thinking that earning "Bison Dollars" needs to be offline only, but then people would hack that and Capcom loses all DLC money- so that won't happen.

I see potential for this to end up truly disasterous, even if the intentions here are good. If Capcom really makes this grindy like I expect, then the cheating is going to be enormous. People idled for days just for TF2 weapons, this could end up worse.

Raitaro

Thanks for the heads up

Yeah, thanks! Was a good watch, though I would have liked it if someone had asked about stages and if they at least are somewhat tied to a couple of characters. That and if they will have weather effects, day/night time variations and/or transitions and secrets like the Hong Kong stage (a stage in which they definitely need to change those two guys on the right in the bus imo to make it look less like they're having anal intercourse by the way...)

Finally, can someone with better ears confirm whether they mentioned that Ikeno is doing the concept art for the characters (again)? I thought I heard his name pop up at some point.

Edit: just thought of another question I would have wished someone had asked: why won't there be an arcade release for this game? Won't Japan need such a release to really care? Also, now that Tekken 7's cabinet can be updated and be played online, not doing an arcade release for SFV for money reasons makes no real sense to me.

So no new character announcement at EVO?
They outright stated they'd reveal a character at the USF4 grand finals.

For those wondering, here's a timer for when that happens:
t1437355800z1.png

Not sure if they intend to reveal at the start or the end though :eek:

edit: sorry, didn't notice it'd shifted the time due to EDT rather than EST. Updated the timer.

Tizoc

t1437359400z1.png

Bless you for that timer, I'll be asleep at that time but will look forward to waking up for that character trailer.
UNLESS IT LEAKS EARLY!

Bless you for that timer, I'll be asleep at that time but will look forward to waking up for that character trailer.
UNLESS IT LEAKS EARLY!
Well it'll be 2:30am for me, but I stayed up for Decapre so I'l stay up for this XD
Also, I didn't realise it was going to shift the time by an hour for EDT so I've had to update the timer in the original post.

If anyone feels like helping me double check my time I got it from this: http://i.imgur.com/h7r1ffd.png
I've been working off the BST because that's my actual time :3

Sayad

Few notes from the Q&A:
- No fast reactionary balance patches(take that NRS)
- They have plans for implementing CPT related stuff into the game(lol/DOTA2 esport style!)
- Plans for post release story mode content
- Someone begged them to fix Ken's face and they said the game isn't done and graphic is still being improved
- Biggest training mode in SF history(not saying much really)
- This was obvious I guess, but they mentioned you be able to buy cosmetics with in game currency, not just characters

Dambrosi

Banned
Seth Killian left to work on PlayStation All-Stars.
Well, that wasn't the most fortuitous of career choices, and that may be an understatement.

Thanks to David905 for the link. I'm really looking forward to this game. So much so that I already pre-ordered the US PS4 version on PSN, because I can't do so for the UK version for some reason. I feel like I just pledged to a KickStarter. Again :p

I'm in canada. If I preorder from eb games today can I still get in the beta?
You should still get the code for the beta, right? That is, if they allow code redemptions from non-US addresses.

Jomjom

Banned

t1437355800z1.png

edit: sorry, didn't notice it'd shifted the time due to EDT rather than EST. Updated the timer.

Not yet - make sure to watch USFIV's top 8 later today though.

Edit: beaten like an old floor mat.

Ah didn't know that. thanks guys!

Ah didn't know that. thanks guys!

no worries :3
Some people have pointed out that UMvC3 is 2 and half hours long but it only usually takes 2 hours long sooooo the reveal might be 30 minutes before the USF4 finals :eek:
Something to keep in mind for those who were planning on just popping in for the finals to catch it.

Dremark

Banned
Seth Killian left to work on PlayStation All-Stars.

Well, that wasn't the most fortuitous of career choices, and that may be an understatement.

More accurately he's a Lead Game Designer for Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC

Who happened to work on Playstation All Stars Battle Royale ;_;

Honestly at the time it seemed like a good career move. Considering how much of a step up it was, honestly it still does. On the flipside it seems like Combofiend is doing really well too. They both seem like they are really great guys so I'm glad.

Top Bottom