• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ourobolus

Banned
DAY 2 BEGINS

Jon Stewart sat at home, reading Killing Intelligence by Bill O'Reilly, as the phone rang. He quietly placed his Obama 2016 bookmark into the book, then laid it gently at his side as he picked up the phone.
"Yes? This is Jon."
"Jon! JON! You're never going to believe this!"
"Calm down, Trevor. I watch the news. I can believe anything."
"Sorian...It's Sorian, Jon!"
Jon gasped. "What? What on earth happened?!"
"Well, it turns out during the night he got into a brawl with some policemen, and then they arrested him. The whole time, as they dragged him away, he was screaming, 'NOOOOOOOOOOO PLEASE DON'T PUT ME IN JAAAAAAAILLLL!!!! I DON'T WANNA BE GAY! I DON'T WANNA BE GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!"
"That's horrible, Trevor. So what happened next? Is he gay now?"
"No Jon, he was shanked."

Sorian said:
You are Ben Carson, Neurosurgeon.

You are aligned with the GOP.

Using your extensive political acumen, you are able to protect one player per night through the use of neurosurgery. Send the command NEURO: <player> to me during the night to protect the player.

You win when all of the Electorate has been eliminated.

The public game thread is here.
bencarson.jpg

Jon sighed as he sullenly leaned back into his chair. "That's awful news, Trevor. Is that all?"
"No, Jon. There's more."
Jon jerked forward. "What? There's MORE?"
"Yes, you see...Burbeting had an unfortunate accident at home. He slipped on the floor in his kitchen, where his totally-legal housekeeper Esperanza used a little too much wax on the hardwood."
"Oh my god, is he ok?"
"No, Jon. He's dead."
"He died from slipping on the floor?"
"Oh, hahahahaha, no! He actually had about twenty people standing around him as he writhed on the floor, unable to get up. However, not a single one of them knew what the number was for 911. He starved to death, Jon."
"Well that'll happen when your state is 48th in the nation in education." Jon quipped.
"Right you are, Jon."

Burbeting said:
You are Bobby Jindal, Loser

You are aligned with the GOP.

You&#8217;ve got no chance power, but you can still vote!

You win when all of the Electorate has been eliminated.

The public game thread is here.
xzndkdotipeblljn.png

The following is a Public Service Announcement from The Mafia Show.

Jon Stewart said:
Dear Players,

While The Mafia Show prides itself in being the largest and most accurate forum for all Mafia news and goings-on, we occasionally get things wrong. With that, we experienced a slight mistake with yesterday's voting. I've asked a friend of a friend, Karl Rove, Republican Political Consultant, to come on the set to explain the issue.
images.jpg

Thank you, Jon.
It appears that kingkitty was lynched with just one vote shy of majority. He only had 8 votes against him, not 9.
That is all.

Day 2 Ends at:
t1442437200z1.png

7 votes are needed for majority.

fml, we lost the doctor, rip sorian

rip burb too, I had a feeling it was going to be you, you were clever but didn't tread on too many toes

so two NKs. I wonder if its a town-aligned vig + maf or sk + maf?

Kalor

So our doctor and a ordinary GOP is dead. I wonder where that second kill came from. A neutral killer, a vigilante. I'm placing my bets on a neutral killer as a vig targeting either of those two players on N1 seems odd.

Ourobolus

Banned
Okay, that simplifies it. I would have expected self protection n1, with his death maybe meaning a strongman.

Have we had a game where the doctor could self-target? I always thought the flavor was that a doctor couldn't self-heal because he doesn't really "protect," he revives the victim.

Palmer_v1

So do we havea serial killer, vig, or double mafia kill?

I lean towards serial killer but it could be a vig. If its mafia, it was probably one shot or this will be a fast game.

Sorry I semi-outed you sorian, but i thought you were scum. I never did buy your explanation on that post.

So I'm guessing Mafia killed Sorian and maybe some misguided vigilante killed Burbeting thinking he was suspicious?

or it could be the inverse

The main fact is that now we know that there are two different parties capable of killing at night, and that two people are dead. Maybe after N2 we'll be able to establish a pattern and see things more clearly, but for now anything further is just conjecture.

I really want to hear from Lone_Prodigy asap. I wasn't getting the best vibe from Launchpad, but idk, from speculating NX maybe that's just how he plays.

also, oh lord, what has been done to cabbeh

2 PR's down already.

Looking back, Sorian and Burbeting both voted for kingkitty but Sorian had suspected Palmer before. I don't see much point in pursuing Palmer since a) that's what the mafia wants, and b) killing someone who suspected you is petty.

Fireblend

Banned
lol cabot.

I also want to hear L_P's thoughts on the previous day and what has happened. I was not very happy with the way Launch was playing.

Palmer_v1

Have we had a game where the doctor could self-target? I always thought the flavor was that a doctor couldn't self-heal because he doesn't really "protect," he revives the victim.

Not that i know of but its never safe to make assumptions.

Im more used to werewolf as well where the foavor is that the town guard chases off the wolf.

Ourobolus

Banned
Jon Stewart woke to a knock on his door. He sleepily clambered out of bed, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Opening the door, he saw a police officer, a grumpy look plastered across his face.

"Mr. Leibowitz?"
"It's 'Stewart,' actually."
"I was asked to deliver this to you. Sorian's family found it in the underwear he was wearing when he passed."

Sorian said:
Next time I get assigned as the doctor, I'm requesting a re-count re-roll. It is a curse and Gafia will always kill the doctor during the first day or night phase, ALWAYS! Good luck losers GOP!

btw, here's the final votes from yesterday if anyone isn't already keeping track at home:

kingkitty (9)
CornBurrito
Sorian
cabot
Never Forever
Burbeting
El Topo
bananaspaceprincess
Fireblend
*Splinter

SalvaPot (2)
Hyperactivity
Kalor

Sorian (2)
Palmer_v1
nin1000

DID NOT VOTE
SalvaPot
Lone_Prodigy
kingkitty

...I think

Fireblend

Banned
I also want to hear from bananaspaceprincess. Banana, you were very inactive during day 1, only echoing what others said or responding when you were talked to. You can't hide behind there being no solid info or being a new player anymore, so I'm looking forward to what you have to say.

I guess you backing Sorian for a bit yesterday kind of lessens the scummy impression I had of you a bit, but I'd still like to see you speak your mind.

nin1000

Banned
Thank you. (Applause.) Thank you so much. Thank you. To Graça Machel and the Sorian family; to Cabboth and members of GAF; to heads of states and government, past and present; distinguished guests -- it is a singular honor to be with you today, to celebrate a life like no other. To the people of The Internet -- (applause) -- people of every race and walk of life -- the world thanks you for sharing Sorian with us. His struggle was your struggle. His triumph was your triumph. Your dignity and your hope found expression in his life. And your freedom, your democracy is his cherished legacy.
R.I.P

Ourobolus

Banned
Jon lumbered back down the hallway, eager to get some rest after a night of frightful phone calls. Just as he reached the bedroom, another knock at the door.

"WHAT IS IT?" He yelled.
"Police, open the door!"
"...goddammit," he muttered under his breath.

He opened the door to see the same policeman there, the same scowl doing its best to ruin his already chipper demeanor.

"Here, we received another message, this time from Burbeting's estate. He wanted you to have this."

Burbeting said:
Just so you know, Louisiana loved me! And since I was loved, surely I can't die! I did? Well, uhh... It must mean that... let me ask my personal assistant.

*Splinter

Start as you mean to go on I guess

Serious note: has Cabbeh been silenced, only posting gifs I think. I know myself I love me some gifs, but he literally hasn't said a word. I think. Right?

nin1000

Banned
Well it sucks that we lost 2PR and one town member but we have to think forward.

We can for one go on and look who voted for kingkitty smash in some votes into those players and start some discussion or we could just go on with our day and talk like normal people.

Sorry to see Sorian, Burbeting and also KingKitty go. It weakens us but let's look forward.

Can we somehow find out what happened to Cabot?

I'm mean Cabot, if we ask you questions can you answer in memes?

So I'm guessing Mafia killed Sorian and maybe some misguided vigilante killed Burbeting thinking he was suspicious?

Burbeting didn't really come off as suspicious. He made informative contributions to the teams and didn't take strong positions on anyone. If this was a vigilante kill, then I can't see them killing him. I guess I could see an overeager Sorian kill from a vig. But for now I think it's best to assume the worst and that we have a serial killer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom