• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes November 10th

MS has Quantum Break, Gears 4, Recore, Halo Wars 2, Cuphead, and Sea of Thieves next year.

It's just that PS4's 2016 lineup is more robust and diverse.
He said "next half" so I think he is going for the first half of the year. So, that would just be QB. Isn't Recore supposed to come out in the first half of the year? Scalebound and Crackdown 3 are 2016 as well but I do not think they are first half.

MS has Quantum Break, Gears 4, Recore, Halo Wars 2, Cuphead, and Sea of Thieves next year.

It's just that PS4's 2016 lineup is more robust and diverse.

Gears 4 and Crackdown are definitely gonna be Holiday games.

I meant the first half of 2016 nothing is confirmed except Quantum Break for April right?

Meanwhile PS4 First Half of 2016 has: Gravity Rush, UC4, SFV, MLB 16, R&C Reboot, NMS, PSVR and Small Titles. Quantum Break can't compete with all that is what I meant. Just like this year that MS didn't have nothing after Ori and The Blind Forest.

Conduit

Banned
Whoever wins won't surprise me, what will surprise me is MS letting PS4 have a huge gap this year for PS4 to increase it next year until MS next holiday.

Edit: MS only has Quantum Break for the next half of the year right?
I feel like they are gonna make the same mistake they did this year.

In April, yeah.

He said "next half" so I think he is going for the first half of the year. So, that would just be QB. Isn't Recore supposed to come out in the first half of the year? Scalebound and Crackdown 3 are 2016 as well but I do not think they are first half.

Is there anything announced for kinect at all?

I meant the first half of 2016 nothing is confirmed except Quantum Break for April right?

Meanwhile PS4 First Half of 2016 has: Gravity Rush, UC4, SFV, MLB 16, R&C Reboot, NMS, PSVR and Small Titles. Quantum Break can't compete with all that is what I meant.

Oh, I see. Yeah, if we're talking about the first half of 2016, PS4 has a much better lineup, hands down.

blakep267

Whoever wins won't surprise me, what will surprise me is MS letting PS4 have a huge gap this year for PS4 to increase it next year until MS next holiday.

Edit: MS only has Quantum Break for the next half of the year right?
I feel like they are gonna make the same mistake they did this year.
We don't know there exact games. But you have Recore and quantum break. Then maybe smaller stuff like cup head and I'm guess Fabke legends is getting delayed

Crackdown beta is just summer and everything else seems to be fall

Ryng_tolu

Banned
software predictions

1) Halo 5: guardians
2) NBA 2K16
3) Assassin's Creed Sindacate
4) Madden NFL 16
5) FIFA 16
6) Uncharted: The nathan Drake collection
7) Super Mario Maker
8) Metal Gear Solid V
9) Destiny: The taken King
10) Disney Infinity

5 ~ 2,250,000
Syndacate > 500,000
Drake < 300,000

We don't know there exact games. But you have Recore and quantum break. Then maybe smaller stuff like cup head and I'm guess Fabke legends is getting delayed

Is Scalebound a Holiday game? Don't think it's a Spring/Summer game, doesn't look like it was running to well on Gamescom.

Chris1

Recore is confirmed early 2016 and the way things are looking, Fable Legends (lol) has to be 2016 too since it still doesn't have a release date and Greenberg's response to a question if it was still 2015 was "It'll come out when it's ready".

Add in a few indies and it's a strong lineup. Not as strong as PS4 but strong enough to keep them going into the holidays.

Second half of 2016 lineup will probably be Forza Horizon 3, Gears 4, Scalebound, Halo Wars 2, Sea of Thieves with Crackdown getting an early 2017 release.

MS' early 2016 lineup is outdone by Sony's lineup but it is still much better than it typically is. I think MS can have a good spread of exclusives for next year. It is just a matter of whether they want to spread them out or lump them into the holidays to capitalize on their usual holiday rush.

blakep267

Is Scalebound a Holiday game? Don't think it's a Spring/Summer game, doesn't look like it was running to well on Gamescom.
Yeah thats not coming ou anytime soon but I think the Xbox will be fine next year. You'll probably have residual tomb raider and fallout bundles sitting around, The division will probably get a bundle in March, you have quantum break in April. They can also do a $350 halo bundle like last year with the MCC bundle

M.D

I'm really curious about how Gears 4 is going perform
Judgement not selling as well as the mainline series was obvious, but the reception to the Gears 4 demo at E3 wasn't that great IIRC and there didn't seem to be any buzz about it at the time

BokehKing

Banned
Hmm

[3DS] 129k
[PS4] 395k
[WIU] 65k
[XB1] 489k

Yeah I'm pretty confident with that (even though I think all the people who want halo already own the system)

mejin

MS' early 2016 lineup is outdone by Sony's lineup but it is still much better than it typically is. I think MS can have a good spread of exclusives for next year. It is just a matter of whether they want to spread them out or lump them into the holidays to capitalize on their usual holiday rush.

I think Quantum Break, Recore, maybe even Fable...they won't help XB1 to have a more or less first semester unless we see $299 bundles.

Okay so this is MS line-up for next year:

- Fable Legends (Currently in Beta)
- Some Indies (Q1)
- Quantum Break (April)
- Recore (Q2)
- Gears 4 Beta (Q2)
- Some Indies (Q2-Q3)
- Sea of Thives (Q2-Q3)
- Crackdown (Q3)
- Gears 4 (Q4)
- Halo Wars 2 (Q4)
- Scalebound (Q4)

That's about it, right?

Okrag

- Some Indies (Q1)
- Quantum Break (April)
- Recore (Q2)
- Gears 4 Beta (Q2)
- Some Indies (Q2-Q3)
- Crackdown (Q3)
- Gears 4 (Q4)
- Halo Wars 2 (Q4)
- Scalebound (Q4)

That's about it, right?

Sea of Thieves

Meanwhile PS4 First Half of 2016 has: Gravity Rush, UC4, SFV, MLB 16, R&C Reboot, NMS, PSVR and Small Titles. Quantum Break can't compete with all that is what I meant. Just like this year that MS didn't have nothing after Ori and The Blind Forest.

During the first half of next year, Microsoft will probably release Quantum Break, ReCore, Killer Instinct Season 3, and Cuphead. 2016 will be much better than 2015 in terms of its release schedule.

Chobel

- Some Indies (Q1)
- Quantum Break (April)
- Recore (Q2)
- Gears 4 Beta (Q2)
- Some Indies (Q2-Q3)
- Crackdown (Q3)
- Gears 4 (Q4)
- Halo Wars 2 (Q4)
- Scalebound (Q4)

That's about it, right?

Forza Horizon 3 (or another racing IP) in Late Q3/early Q4

blakep267

- Some Indies (Q1)
- Killer Instinct (March)
- Quantum Break (April)
- Recore (Q2)
- Gears 4 Beta (Q2)
- Some Indies (Q2-Q3)
- Sea of Thives (Q2-Q3)
- Crackdown (Q3)
- Gears 4 (Q4)
- Halo Wars 2 (Q4)
- Scalebound (Q4)

That's about it, right?

Yeah, about right

- Some Indies (Q1)
- Quantum Break (April)
- Recore (Q2)
- Gears 4 Beta (Q2)
- Some Indies (Q2-Q3)
- Sea of Thives (Q2-Q3)
- Crackdown (Q3)
- Gears 4 (Q4)
- Halo Wars 2 (Q4)
- Scalebound (Q4)

That's about it, right?
No Indies in Q4?

blakep267

I wonder if it's even a good idea to release Forza Horizon 3 next year, especially with the way the series has been selling lately...
We have no idea really how well it's selling or the budget for any of the games. So if Ms wants to keep churning them out, fine by me. I'd love a new horizon in Asia or maybe Africa

Opt1kon_

Right now we have close calls in Target, Amazon and Best Buy...with some slight input on GameStop. This WILL BE INTERESTING!

A Customer Came in today, if possible i'll have bish PM me and get him to verify me when He has time, but one customer actually sold his xbox one and put the store credit towards an uncharted PS4 Bundle, I'll be able to give more input tomorrow i was able to ask why, and he responded he really wanted to play sword art online, & Dragon quest Heroes quite the shock considering the area my Gamestop is located at

We have no idea really how well it's selling or the budget for any of the games. So if Ms wants to keep churning them out, fine by me. I'd love a new horizon in Asia or maybe Africa

I can't say anything about the budget, but Forza 6 selling 190K including bundles in the US is kinda low...

I wonder if it's even a good idea to release Forza Horizon 3 next year, especially with the way the series has been selling lately...
Isn't Turn 10 dedicated to racing/Forza? Similar to how Coalition is now a dedicated Gears studio? I think they have to keep making Forza.

Even if the series isn't selling particularly well (I am not claiming one way or the other), I think it still helps bulk up MS' lineup for the year. It is better to have something than nothing. Of course, it doesn't do anything for me personally.

A Customer Came in today, if possible i'll have bish PM me and get him to verify me when He has time, but one customer actually sold his xbox one and put the store credit towards an uncharted PS4 Bundle, I'll be able to give more input tomorrow i was able to ask why, and he responded he really wanted to play sword art online, & Dragon quest Heroes quite the shock considering the area my Gamestop is located at

Why did he buy an XB1 in the first place if he wanted JRPG's?

Welfare

Hey Cosmic, those heavy hitters are doing work.

Opt1kon_

Why did he buy an XB1 in the first place if he wanted JRPG's?

well i asked him, and he didn't seem certain on why he had it, Ive noticed the games he had were of great quality & Different variety from the xbox one of which he traded were (SO,GTA5, Tomb Raider DE, & MCC) Were the games he traded in but he also noted that most of his friends are either getting a PS4 for christmas/black friday(besides the fact that he wanted SAO, & DQH) , or trading in their old systems for a PS4 (store credit deal we have going )

KORNdoggy

I only have to assume MS will sell most this month due to halo 5 and if its anything like the UK. They're practically giving the xbox one away.

Top Bottom