• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 to be Splorgenborg exclusive; 20X6 release

wapplew

Can't believe that troll only last 5 minutes, if I'm the troll, I'll keep it atleast a day to see PS3 users meltdown.

Tcab96

I don't know what I would've hated more. The sudden elation and immediate despair this troll just gave me, or the slow burn that could've happened with me thinking I knew when Persona 5 will be coming out all day only to have it snatched away in the exact same manner.

sense

I have to say it was surreal for a moment seeing pc gamers being on cloud 9. even though I found it to be unbelievable that atlus would make such a grand entry into pc gaming I thought it was real for a second there as well.

This must be the real hacker behind this

CgvQrL-UcAAWfjT.jpg:large

The Rise
In my veins!

Well then....holy shit.

GettyImages-509642162_2.0.0.jpg

I AM SLAVE

EMANCIPATE ME

PC version confirmed?

cheering_minions.gif

Wow.

Just straight up wow.

So goooooood.

Also why do I even own a PS4 anymore lol

Persona 5 at 4K

xzI9mAy.gif

xzI9mAy.gif

xzI9mAy.gif

"Posted on 5-5-2016"

The date of the Persona announcement.

July. And on PC.

hG7FDtJ.gif

Bette get some Nintendo plumbers in there.

Then

The Fall
The darkness returns

tumblr_m2tfcfWZJr1rorhjdo1_400.gif

The dream is dead!!

Hello darkness my old friend

wy1B3oy.gif

Heartbroken :(

Today needs to be documented

I don't see it?

On the site, click the most recent news thing and I see the "Take your heart" countdown post and the PS4&PC and date below it but I don't see the "bad security sorry GAF" thing.

I still see

The link in the OP gives a "can't find page" type message, and checked the latest post I do see a PS4&PC, but otherwise the info reflects a PS4 and PS3 release with a date that hasn't been announced. They're probably working to correct the info now.

Ydelnae

If I was the one doing the troll I would have written something like "We apologize for the Persona 5 cancelation and we will do our best on our next mobile title" or namedroped NX/PS4Neo, the troll wasn't that cruel lol

Blobbers

Shit, I already told sold my PS4 and they guy said he was on his way over, and now when I called him to cancel the transaction he's saying he's coming over anyway so I can give him money for the gas he spent. Contemplating just locking my door and not answering, he sounded pissed.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
If I was the one doing the troll I would have written something like "We apologize for the Persona 5 cancelation and we will do our best on our next mobile title" or namedroped NX/PS4Neo, the troll wasn't that cruel lol

Goddamn. That would have been spectacular.

Cess007

Can't believe that troll only last 5 minutes, if I'm the troll, I'll keep it atleast a day to see PS3 users meltdown.

Shame we know about that devs can't make PS4Neo-games exclusives.

If not, I would have moved the release and announced as PS4-Neo exclusive just to see the meltdown lol

Cranzor

I've still not seen any of the "hacked" posts but I definitely see the PS4&PC post still there. Tried different browsers and devices to make sure it wasn't a cache issue or whatever and it shows up.

Were people actually seeing the "sorry gaf" post or just reacting to the image? Like, are we sure it was there and not someone doing that thing where you change an element?

I opened the site and saw the same post and took a screenshot on my phone.

Shit, I already told sold my PS4 and they guy said he was on his way over, and now when I called him to cancel the transaction he's saying he's coming over anyway so I can give him money for the gas he spent. Contemplating just locking my door and not answering, he sounded pissed.
lol

wapplew

That would be too fake. PS4 & PC is perfect.

DNAbro

Please tell me this is true.

-Horizon-

"IF" you were the troll you say? You have put a lot of thought into this "IF" scenario, haven't you.

PhoenixProof.gif

I feel like this applies to both posts right now

vareon

I've still not seen any of the "hacked" posts but I definitely see the PS4&PC post still there. Tried different browsers and devices to make sure it wasn't a cache issue or whatever and it shows up.

Were people actually seeing the "sorry gaf" post or just reacting to the image? Like, are we sure it was there and not someone doing that thing where you change an element?

It was there for a brief moment, I saw it (and took a screenshot, too). Then it changed to "page not found" right now.

Chobel

LMAO!

Top Bottom