• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Aloy's Journey Trailer, delayed to February 28th, 2017

Everything in this game looks incredible outside of the cringeworthy voice acting and dialogue. If they ran this trailer without any VO it'd be 100x better.

jwk94

Anyone else notice the black ps4 logo on the collector's edition? Could that be a way of showing which games take full advantage of the Neo?

MilkBeard

For RPGs, the world and setting trump the core story for me. Many are formulaic. As long as everything is well presented and there are good options for dialogue, combat, and exploration I'll be satisfied.
I agree. It's nice to have a great story, but the world design and gameplay within that world is more important to me.

eXistor

I just can't get excited for this, it just looks like any other AAA game to me and pretty graphics do absolutely nothing for me if you don't have any meaty gameplay to back it up with. We haven't seen enough of it yet, but just have the feeling it's gonna be all flash and no substance. Technically impressive, but nothing to really do. It doesn't help that I don't think Guerilla has made one good game yet.

Ploid 3.0

Wow, ok blacking this game out. It would be nice finding out that last bit while playing the game. Seems like a Superman story or something.

gamerMan

Everything in this game looks incredible outside of the cringeworthy voice acting and dialogue. If they ran this trailer without any VO it'd be 100x better.

Yah, why can't every game have voice over work like Naughty Dog. Story is totally melted cheese. Hopefully, they delayed it so they can either remove it or get some competent voice over work. Even the writing is terrible.

MilkBeard

That croc is awesome

cbfgnh5vboy.gif
These enemy designs look pretty fucking amazing. Also, I'm digging that landscape too.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
That cover is straight up sex btw! I really hope they hit it out the park with this one cause god damn I dig everything about this. Riding robot Dinos through these plains shall be fucking glorious.

I just can't get excited for this, it just looks like any other AAA game to me and pretty graphics do absolutely nothing for me if you don't have any meaty gameplay to back it up with. We haven't seen enough of it yet, but just have the feeling it's gonna be all flash and no substance. Technically impressive, but nothing to really do. It doesn't help that I don't think Guerilla has made one good game yet.

So did you see the E3 gameplay presentation from last year?

Dumb detail I really appreciate: That robo-croc, it has solar panels along its back, which would be a great way to gain energy while resting in the water as a parallel to the behavior real crocodiles have!

Lady Gaia

Looks positively amazing. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a few in here think this is Neo footage, but there's no way Sony is showing off Neo footage before they've announced it! Not a chance. This is absolutely intended to reflect the game on PS4.

The biggest open question for me is whether Guerilla knows how to tell a story. I know they've acquired talent in that area, so all I can do is hope they deliver. Less than nine months to go...

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I don't think this is Neo footage btw. The PS4 will be squeezed till that last drop. And then squeezed some more.

Skux

Looks great, awful dialogue though. Aloy's father figure talks like he's in a movie trailer.

That ending... she Superman now?

Lady Gaia

The whole trailer gave me "a girl is no one" vibes. :p

Trust me, women are used to that assumption. Based on the trailer, the story they plan to tell shows them everyone how wrong that assumption is! I'm fine with that. Games can and should explore socially relevant topics. It's part of how they can elevate themselves above mindless entertainment.

It looks great,but everyone I see footage of it, I'm reminded aboiut how stupid the concept of this game actually is. High-tech tribe and mecha-dinos? Someone must have found his junior grade drawing book in a closet. Actually thinking about it this way makes it somewhat interesting, but the tone is so serious instead....

Ran rp

Are we allowed to voice our concerns with the game or can we only gush about how awesome the robot dinosaur action is in this visceral, earth-shattering open-world title out February 28th, 2017 EXCLUSIVELY on the PlayStation 4

Hoo-doo

Banned
Take all the time you require, Guerrilla. No need to rush a game like this to market just to squeeze it into the holidays.

Looks to be pretty damn good.

It looks great,but everyone I see footage of it, I'm reminded aboiut how stupid the concept of this game actually is. High-tech tribe and mecha-dinos? Someone must have found his junior grade drawing book in a closet. Actually thinking about it this way makes it somewhat interesting, but the tone is so serious instead....

Or maybe it's just a videogame.

icespide

Banned
PSY・S;205841277 said:
Are we allowed to voice our concerns with the game or can we only gush about how awesome the robot dinosaur action is in this visceral, earth-shattering open-world title out February 28th, 2017 EXCLUSIVELY on the PlayStation 4
??

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Sony's inability to launch a game on time is becoming laughable.

Game looks fantastic though.

Their ability to actually launch a game thats actually good isn't though and taken together I would greatly prefer that instead of the games releasing on time.

PSY・S;205841277 said:
I see plenty of people voicing their concerns.

Or maybe it's just a videogame.
So, the gravely voiced narration fits it fine?

IvorB

So, confirmed for Feb 28, 2017.

Also, any easy way to bypass the YouTube age restriction without needing to sign in? Meh.

If you wish to avoid YouTube's obnoxious age-gate then simply search for an article that has the video embedded. Embedded videos are not age-gated.

Game is looking good but story seems trite.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
PSY・S;205841277 said:
There there, PSY. *pats on back*
It'll be OK. Tell me how you really feel.

Top Bottom