• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Aloy's Journey Trailer, delayed to February 28th, 2017

Sounds good. I'll give it a run this weekend.
_________

I'm hoping Horizon actually has a bunch of fun boss fights. Trailer definitely makes it seem that way.

Stop acting like you play anything beside The Division

I really hope Horizon pushes the PS4 to the extreme. I want some Shadow of Col type boss fight.

Ran rp

Don't know if someone posted this thought, but after this trailer I have a gut feeling Aloy
is a machine
. Seems really obvious.

rachel-deckard-2.jpg

Looking forward to the footage of these locales and wildlife interactions.

I'm personally hoping for radically different environments throughout the game too, such as tropical zones/deserts/snow-capped mountains and etc.

Looks like there's a great variety of diverse locales, judging by the trailer

The God

So after watching the trailer again I think I echo the concerns about the writing. And unless GG is really going to throw a curveball, the trailer kinda makes the plot seem a little predictable.

Still my most anticipated game though. I just want the writing to be really strong.

MisterR

To be honest I would rate it closer to bad than mediocre, I'll still probably buy the game because the demo last year looked really fucking fun but I think it's a fair criticism.

The dialog was fine. It was epic summer movie spectical type trailer

Delays not super surprising and honestly it's for the best. So many games are coming out this year already I wouldn't mind seeing a few more pushed to 2017 so I had time to play them all lol.

The dissonance between the super serious tone and the fact that the game is about robot dinosaurs. Couple that with the bad dialogue and VA, makes it seem like the narrative won't be one to remember

The bolded is some seriously rediculous nitpicking. And what's wrong with the dialouge?

That said, the voice over needs a bit of work but it's not even close to bad.

Arklite

What happened to the overt viking character designs of the concept art? All these people look like hunter gatherers. I thought we'd be rolling with battle hammers, shiny breast plates and horn helms.

jacobeid

Banned
Delays not super surprising and honestly it's for the best. So many games are coming out this year already I wouldn't mind seeing a few more pushed to 2017 so I had time to play them all lol.

You realize that you can play games that came out in 2016 in 2017, right?

I've never understood this mentality. That being said, the delay is expected and definitely welcomed to make a better product so I agree with you there.

The God

What happened to the overt viking character designs of the concept art? All these people look like hunter gatherers. I thought we'd be rolling with battle hammers, shiny breast plates and horn helms.

I ink you might be remembering something else.

Eh I doubt that the writing will be great based on that. Didn't they hire New Vegas writers? Voice acting was cringey as well. Otherwise I'm hoping that this game can deliver because it sounds and looks promising in theory.

dmshaposv

Revealing plot twists by revealing her name..?

The trailer shows too many plot points. Especially her being 'identified' when going into the machine door.

I just put two and two together with her name. Just a theory - but it does feel like it might have significance.

The trailer shows too many plot points. Especially her being 'identified' when going into the machine door.

I just put two and two together with her name. Just a theory - but it does feel like it might have significance.
If she grew up in the wild as a baby - how would the machine door recognize her? Idk, what's even going on in the story?

Santar

Horizon Zero Dawn - Aloy's Journey
Hmm, you know I think they could squeeeze in just one more subtitle in there if they really tried.
How bout Horizon Zero Dawn - Aloy's Journey: Beginnings :p

DieH@rd

Banned
Story sounds generic as fuck if the trailer is any indication.

Yes, post-post apocalyptic mysteries where mankind managed to survive in a world ruled by robotic animals and fall back to almost stone-age tech are totally generic as fuck...

Horizon Zero Dawn - Aloy's Journey
Hmm, you know I think they could squeeeze in just one more subtitle in there if they really tried.
How bout Horizon Zero Dawn - Aloy's Journey: Beginnings :p

It is no different than "Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt - The Sword of Destiny" or " Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt - A Night to Remember". ;)

mitx

Looks good. Looking forward to play it.

So, besides the Last Guardian, are there any more first party games from Sony this year?

OK this is once again my most anticipated game slightly ahead of Mass Effect and NieR.

Hoping they show some real RPG mechanics during the gameplay demo. Hoping this is a at least a 35 to 40 hour game you can just get lost in.

I might actually buy the CE and I normally don't like statutes. LE at a minimum as the art book looks substantial compared the mini-books we have gotten lately.

Looks good. Looking forward to play it.

So, besides the Last Guardian, are there any more first party games from Sony this year?

GT Sport and Gravity Rush 2(hasn't been delayed yet anyway).

balohna

Dialogue didn't feel great, but it looks fun. I'm slightly disappointed you fight humans, was hoping it was all ridiculous robots.

Evilkazzz

Banned
Cant say I dig either of those bonus costumes. I love the collectors edition box art though.

I'm pretty hype/intrigued.

Why are they hunting these robots anyway? Where's the food? I dont remember seeing any real animals.

bombshell

Yes, post-post apocalyptic mysteries where mankind managed to survive in a world ruled by robotic animals and fall back to almost stone-age tech are totally generic as fuck...

The generic criticism for almost everything these days is incredibly generic. ;)

Top Bottom