• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

mejin

I'm worried for The Last Guardians release date. September is FFXV, October and November are packed. Most games big or exclusive games don't release in December. This game needs it's own space to do well sales wise. Any suggestions?

Like I said before: August. But they'll probably release in December. Same day KH 2.8 HD

Yes since MS will talk or possibly show the Scorpio. So I'm fully expecting Neo if Scorpio is shown/talked about in some form.

Edit: Shinobi said no? oh ho ho

At first I thought no Neo, but now it seem Scorpio will be there. Maybe Sony will let Microsoft go reveal first and maybe make some adjustments to Neo and present it at a later date based on how Scorpio is received.

Morts

No Neo would be so frustrating since we know it's coming and have tons of unanswered questions. I could see them waiting to announce it though, unfortunately.

All of the above will be possibly shown or at least talked about.

Honestly with all the games Sony could possibly show I'd rather they just talk about Neo at at a later date. That and the longer they keep it under wraps maybe the better possibility they go with the higher end CPU they are considering.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Honestly with all the games Sony could possibly show I'd rather they just talk about Neo at at a later date. That and the longer they keep it under wraps maybe the better possibility they go with the higher end CPU they are considering.
You do have a good point there. There's still a reason they haven't announced official specs/anything. I'd ideally like them to just put in a ZEN instead of that Jaguar garbage but not holding my breath to be honest. Here's hoping...

I'm betting on not a single mention of Neo.
Special event in a couple of months then for the Neo reveal? E3 ain't that bad to announce since the global media will also be there but they just won't have it all to themselves.

Anything between September and November is a disaster zone for TLG. If the stars align and everything works out well, it'll come out August.

To me Neo as a surprise announcement at E3 is just too messy, especially as it's a shift in the way console generations have previously worked. As such I think Neo needs it's own dedicated event to clearly lay out everything about the system, rather than being mixed in with all the PS4 games, PSVR launch stuff and their 3rd party obligations.

Dinjooh

You do have a good point there. There's still a reason they haven't announced official specs/anything. I'd ideally like them to just put in a ZEN instead of that Jaguar garbage but not holding my breath to be honest. Here's hoping...

Special event in a couple of months then for the Neo reveal? E3 ain't that bad to announce since the global media will also be there but they just won't have it all to themselves.

Yea. I'm thinking of an Apple style approach instead. That is to announce the project almost immediately before you sell it. I'm thinking 3 weeks, a month tops before it launches they'll have a press conference about it. Mainly because they want to sell quite a few more PS4s this year than they did the last - so they can't afford to have some slow months of sales after E3 with people holding out for Neo.

THE:MILKMAN

To me Neo as a surprise announcement at E3 is just too messy, especially as it's a shift in the way console generations have previously worked. As such I think Neo needs it's own dedicated event to clearly lay out everything about the system, rather than being mixed in with all the PS4 games, PSVR launch stuff and their 3rd party obligations.

It really isn't clear what Sony's plan is here. I'm currently favouring the Neo being a slim that happens to have more power (someone mentioned that the SOC for Neo was not much cost difference than a re-designed 14nm SOC for PS4). If that is the case then I could see them leaving the announce to the last minute and barely mentioning performance.

I do find it really odd we have no insider that has stated or hinted about Neo at the Sony Briefing yet Scorpio has loads now.

N.Domixis

Banned
It really isn't clear what Sony's plan is here. I'm currently favouring the Neo being a slim that happens to have more power (someone mentioned that the SOC for Neo was not much cost difference than a re-designed 14nm SOC for PS4). If that is the case then I could see them leaving the announce to the last minute and barely mentioning performance.

I do find it really odd we have no insider that has stated or hinted about Neo at the Sony Briefing yet Scorpio has loads now.
Seems Ms is desperate if try announce now and it's not due until fall 2017, Sony doesn't seem to be in a rush since they don't want to kill ps4 sales.

These companies can't play cat and mouse forever. Someone has to go first with their new console
Sure, but later.
This E3 is about PSVR for Sony. That plus a slim is enough hardware for one show.
Scorpio is still too far away. That would only hurt XboxOne sales. A slim has to do, and maybe some USB gadget.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Yea. I'm thinking of an Apple style approach instead. That is to announce the project almost immediately before you sell it. I'm thinking 3 weeks, a month tops before it launches they'll have a press conference about it. Mainly because they want to sell quite a few more PS4s this year than they did the last - so they can't afford to have some slow months of sales after E3 with people holding out for Neo.
Apple hardware model and announce model; I can fully see it with these iterative HW designs going forward. Curious to see how it'll pan out though, this new direction for the console HW manufacturers.

What about that Vanillaware game?

Seems more like a TGS thing right?

Dragon's Crown originally debuted at E3, so Sentinels could show up. But I don't think Atlus has hinted at it and they haven't even officially announced it for localization. I figure that they'll be primarily focused on P5 this year.

Genuinely surprised Detroit is going to be at the conference (or so it seems). I had that pegged one as a no-show for sure. I wonder how it'll be presented.

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised, I thought it might re-appear at PGW/Gamescom, whichever Sony does this year again. But it seems like it might be.

Was going to say that regarding the tweet as further proof I guess it's certainly possible, though I thought I remembered Quantic Dream also tweeted before last year's conference. Though I guess in that case I believe it was the main Quantic Dream twitter rather than the CEO's.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
No Neo at E3? Oh that would be great.

I'd rather it have it's own dedicated event. Hope it's true.

Is that confirmed? I think Sony don't want to spoil the E3 conference with any negative impact from people who still don't understand it won't split the userbase. That's why I suggested they may just call it the slim if it was there.

Turkoop

Banned
Is that confirmed? I think Sony don't want to spoil the E3 conference with any negative impact from people who still don't understand it won't split the userbase. That's why I suggested they may just call it the slim if it was there.

Shinobi said in his podcast with Matty, he's not excepting it. If I remember right.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Shinobi said in his podcast with Matty, he's not excepting it. If I remember right.

So a conference packed with games. This has been an incredible week already, E3 is going to be even better. I'm assuming if Insomniac are making the spiderman game it will be exclusive to the PS4? Sony own the licence, no?

viHuGi

Banned
Sony will announce Ps4 Neo at TGS most likely.

E3 is all about showing games and gain momentum from consumers to buy Consoles on Summer.

I'm kind of leaning this way too, I think they'd wiser to do a special Neo event since it's such a new kind of mid-gen change that they have to sell to the consumer. That all requires time which is something you don't have a lot of in a mid-gen E3 conference when you're supposed to be pimping lots and lots of games (they've seen people get bored when they're not going game-to-game) and updates and now they have to show new trailers for upcoming VR games too. For example, last year they went from game-to-game rather quickly and even then they didn't fit in as much as they could have when you consider some of the stuff they revealed pre-E3 (as they are doing again this year with third parties).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom