• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

MrCarter

I don't why some people listen to rumours without any proof otherwise. I guess they like clutching at any straw possible to fuel thier shitty agenda.

Cross posting this. Capcom not playing around.

loosing only 1000 points is chump change for people like WannaSeeMyKunFu

16_vatweet03.jpg

Don't hurt em', Uncle Valle.

This is all I have to show.
tdayWw7.jpg

1000 points is fucking significant for anyone that high up. Someone at 10k LP would take hours to get that back.

Not when you have those who run with the points. WannaSeeMyKungFu will still have 20k+ LP from avoiding rematches and rage quitting. And although he's loosing a lot more games with matchmaking working a bit better, he's still ranked very high.

MadGear

Just heard RQing doesn't distinguish between the RQer and the RQ victim. If you can actually get penalized for being RQ on, this system is typical Capcpom

That rumor has been around ever since they added the timeout penalty for early disconnects. I had days were I got 3-5 RQs in a row (there is something about Alex that really pisses people off) and I never got hit with a timeout. I'm not saying that there isn't a possibility for their system to mess up (its Capcom after all), but so far there is no reason to believe this is true at all.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Given how much people like to trash this game, if this ragequit punishing the victim thing was true, we would be hearing about it every day in every thread.

I mean, has KingBroly ever mentioned this issue? I rest my case.

As for whether 1000 points is enough of a penalty, it's a shitload more points to lose than 3 legit losses, right? Unless a platinum player is losing to a silver or something.

KingBroly

Banned
Given how much people like to trash this game, if this ragequit punishing the victim thing was true, we would be hearing about it every day in every thread.

I mean, has KingBroly ever mentioned this issue? I rest my case.

As for whether 1000 points is enough of a penalty, it's a shitload more points to lose than 3 legit losses, right? Unless a platinum player is losing to a silver or something.

I'm not sure how you'd fix an issue like that. But if it were happening, then Capcom fucked up. There's not much else to say.

BUT in this case I'd say rage quitters are crying wolf.

Im pretty sure the rumor was started by a Rage Quitter playing the victim role. These people have zero shame. ZERO.

Like many people in here I have been RQed many times since the last patch and have not gotten any penalties. It would be on the front page if it were true.

Pompadour

Im pretty sure the rumor was started by a Rage Quitter playing the victim role. These people have zero shame. ZERO.

Like many people in here I have been RQed many times since the last patch and have not gotten any penalties. It would be on the front page if it were true.

I've experienced three rage quits since the first fix was out in (and one was justifiable as the connection became horrendous suddenly in the 3rd round so my win didn't feel earned). I'm fairly certain this new fix will resolve it to a suitable.

I'd prefer if the person who didn't quit got the points anyway but clearly they can't do that without a good deal of work. But if rage quitting is no longer constant then I'm not too concerned.

thelastword

Banned
I don't why some people listen to rumours without any proof otherwise. I guess they like clutching at any straw possible to fuel thier shitty agenda.
Exactly, it almost seems to me that it's people who have the tendency to cheat are fueling this, so Capcom could ease up on the penalties. I am absolutely ecstatic that Capcom has decided to punish so aggressively, no one will ragequit now...or at least this measure will cut ragequitting down to 0.1%.

One thing I appreciate about SFV's netcode is that matches don't drop like in USF4, chars will jump and morph like crazy, but the match will only end if someone pulls the plug. That means there's less chance of being punished through no fault of yours.

thelastword

Banned
loosing only 1000 points is chump change for people like WannaSeeMyKunFu
I've seen WannaSeeMyKungFu barely win the first round against Giefkid, he accepted the rematch because he won and then ragequit because he lost the second match. Both were Diamond ranked players, so at most he would lose 60 points or even less.....If he could ragequit for such a low amount, he would go bananas if he lost 1000LP, don't forget there's also the timeout of 2 days as well, so that's pretty hefty, it shuts these guys down pretty well.

Bob White

I can settle for them losing invincibility on their non ex dps.

No thanks. In my opinion, this game needs some more cross tekken "invincible to air attack" moves across the board.

What was the outcome here? I'm guessing Rog is mad his AA lost? If so, falls in line with my thinking AAs should be buffed. More stand jabs, more cammy anti cross up medium punch buttons for the cast, and less trades.

Game this kinetic needs more punishing defensive reads. Since while waiting for the air read, you can totally get blown up with by a dash in.

Pompadour

What was the outcome here? I'm guessing Rog is mad his AA lost? If so, falls in line with my thinking AAs should be buffed. More stand jabs, more cammy anti cross up medium punch buttons for the cast, and less trades.

Game this kinetic needs more punishing defensive reads. Since while waiting for the air read, you can totally get blown up with by a dash in.

The game needs to both remove jab AAs and make the other AAs more useful. I'd like it if you had, almost across the board for every character, a decent button AA and another AA that requires a read that you can combo into big damage from. If it's obvious you are going to jump in you should be able to prepare and retaliate with something more than just a normal or a DP.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Another problem with this rage quit solution is that it's going to have the side effect of throwing more skilled players into the path of less skilled players as they climb back out of that 1000 LP hole.

This will be an issue with any rage quitter who isn't a total fraud and just quits occasionally.

I hope they get their shit together and just award the win to the person who didn't quit. No bans necessary, no arbitrary point deductions. Just a 100% effective solution.

Ardenyal

Another problem with this rage quit solution is that it's going to have the side effect of throwing more skilled players into the path of less skilled players as they climb back out of that 1000 LP hole.

This will be an issue with any rage quitter who isn't a total fraud and just quits occasionally.

I hope they get their shit together and just award the win to the person who didn't quit. No bans necessary, no arbitrary point deductions. Just a 100% effective solution.

The points were gained fraudulently so they're not getting out of that 1000LP hole.

Nah I think that would promote trying to intentionally lag switch or make the other person disconnect by someway or another.

They should just do what they did in SF4 and every time you disconnect before a ranked match is over, you lose a set amount of points and there's a disconnect % bar beside your name so you had the choice if you wanted to play it or not.

vg260

Needs an RQ ratio system like KI. Realistic though, if you can get punished by being RQ'd on, rqers are still going to be the ones suffering more than not. Unless you have really bad luck and 3 people looking to tank your LP run into one after the other

I had a number of people quit/disconnect on me in KI one night, and it gave me a warning saying too many of my wins were coming from disconnects, so it's got its own issues.

vg260

lol wut. How is that your fault?

I know, right? It's cool I got the credit when someone quit, but it's not worth it if I'm going to be accused of boosting and punished because the randoms I got matched up with quit.

Maybe they're concerned with boosting in SFV, but they should know if you're getting matched up with randoms or not.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I saw people reporting they were getting RQ on and getting penalized and checked with the server team to understand how it works to make sure this wasn't the case.

Someone who rage quits is (obviously) disconnected from the server. The person who is rage quit on is returned to matchmaking. If a match ends before it concludes, the player who is no longer connected to the server is penalized, not the player who stays connected.

As an example, lets say you stay in training mode waiting for matches, get one and then someone pulls the plug on you mid-match. You'll be returned to training mode waiting for more matches and wont be penalized.

That said, I'm keeping an eye out for any videos that show someone who stays connected is penalized but I haven't seen anything. If anything comes up I'll definitely pass it along to the team.

mbpm1

I saw people reporting they were getting RQ on and getting penalized and checked with the server team to understand how it works to make sure this wasn't the case.

Someone who rage quits is (obviously) disconnected from the server. The person who is rage quit on is returned to matchmaking. If a match ends before it concludes, the player who is no longer connected to the server is penalized, not the player who stays connected.

As an example, lets say you stay in training mode waiting for matches, get one and then someone pulls the plug on you mid-match. You'll be returned to training mode waiting for more matches and wont be penalized.

That said, I'm keeping an eye out for any videos that show someone who stays connected is penalized but I haven't seen anything. If anything comes up I'll definitely pass it along to the team.

Good to hear haunts

Neoxon

Thanks for chiming in, Haunts.

Also, if I may ask, how's that CPT DLC FAQ coming along?

Thanks for the info, Haunts.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you for the clarification since this has been out there and is seen as fact by many. Kind of started to doubt it because we never got any video evidence.

No thanks. In my opinion, this game needs some more cross tekken "invincible to air attack" moves across the board.

There is no hit/hurtbox after a few frames the move comes out.So timing the J.HK makes the move invincible. While a move like Balrog's St.MP

https://youtu.be/IHg8PZBtVj0?t=46

And like I said a while ago, Jab/short is to good of an AA as it beats any form of jump ins even without having to auto correct to stop cross ups and also puts them advantage. There are no risk of using the move.

What Capcom needs to do is remove Jab/short AA, fix the boxes on moves like Ryu's J.HK and other AA

Durden77

So has anyone bought that Capcom Pro Tour pack? Is it worth it? I mean it doesn't seem so, but I'm still considering buying it on my next paycheck this Friday...

Neoxon

So has anyone bought that Capcom Pro Tour pack? Is it worth it? I mean it doesn't seem so, but I'm still considering buying it on my next paycheck this Friday...
It's nice, but it's a bit on the expensive side. Go for it if you have the cash (it beats buying the stage & costumes separately), but I only got it because my set-up is used for locals.

The problem here was that ryu's jHK doesn't get a hurtbox till much later, his leg is out but is unhittable. Rog should've won that exchange but he literally couldn't even hit Ryu.

Keep in mind, it's expensive because most of the proceeds go to supporting the CPT (prize pools for players, etc).

The stage is legit awesome, but I imagine you'd get even more value out of it if you actually play Chun or Cammy (because they get those costumes).

And, there's that mystery costume which supposedly has some major unannounced significance of some sort...but, who knows which character that's for.

It all depends on how much you care about CPT, I guess.

Top Bottom