• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
SF5's battle planner, Woshige, recently explained how powerful jump-in attacks will work in Street Fighter 5, and even though they'll be great at landing hits, most of them have a fundamental weakness as well.

"Moves that are good as a jump-in generally increase your hurtbox as well — before the hitbox expands. If you just have the right timing against an anti-air, you should be able to beat it with any character," explained Woshige.

This doesn't line up somehow!

Producer

I saw people reporting they were getting RQ on and getting penalized and checked with the server team to understand how it works to make sure this wasn't the case.

Someone who rage quits is (obviously) disconnected from the server. The person who is rage quit on is returned to matchmaking. If a match ends before it concludes, the player who is no longer connected to the server is penalized, not the player who stays connected.

As an example, lets say you stay in training mode waiting for matches, get one and then someone pulls the plug on you mid-match. You'll be returned to training mode waiting for more matches and wont be penalized.

That said, I'm keeping an eye out for any videos that show someone who stays connected is penalized but I haven't seen anything. If anything comes up I'll definitely pass it along to the team.

but the rkappa thread though..

Skilletor

So has anyone bought that Capcom Pro Tour pack? Is it worth it? I mean it doesn't seem so, but I'm still considering buying it on my next paycheck this Friday...

I did.

I love the stage.

I love the community.

I love watching streams.

I think it's worth it to support a game and community that I spend so much time watching and playing.

The game needs to both remove jab AAs and make the other AAs more useful. I'd like it if you had, almost across the board for every character, a decent button AA and another AA that requires a read that you can combo into big damage from. If it's obvious you are going to jump in you should be able to prepare and retaliate with something more than just a normal or a DP.

it's fucking sad when you see vertical moves lose to horizontal, the hit boxes on these needs to be redone..yesterday i saw my Rashid air eagle kick lose to a Chun Li's stand mk..

I saw people reporting they were getting RQ on and getting penalized and checked with the server team to understand how it works to make sure this wasn't the case.

Someone who rage quits is (obviously) disconnected from the server. The person who is rage quit on is returned to matchmaking. If a match ends before it concludes, the player who is no longer connected to the server is penalized, not the player who stays connected.

As an example, lets say you stay in training mode waiting for matches, get one and then someone pulls the plug on you mid-match. You'll be returned to training mode waiting for more matches and wont be penalized.

That said, I'm keeping an eye out for any videos that show someone who stays connected is penalized but I haven't seen anything. If anything comes up I'll definitely pass it along to the team.
thanks-hauntsmpsce.png

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
The points were gained fraudulently so they're not getting out of that 1000LP hole.
That's why I specified people who only rage quit occasionally. Yes, the total frauds will be matched appropriately, but surely there are plenty of decent players who get mad sometimes. Players who will not have any trouble beating people with 1000 fewer LP.

Nah I think that would promote trying to intentionally lag switch or make the other person disconnect by someway or another.

They should just do what they did in SF4 and every time you disconnect before a ranked match is over, you lose a set amount of points and there's a disconnect % bar beside your name so you had the choice if you wanted to play it or not.

I've been waiting for someone to point out a problem with the solution I keep suggesting because I figured I must be missing something. You make a good point, although I don't know how common lag switching really is, or how feasible it would be to make the other person disconnect. Also, if someone can hack it to tell the server that the other person is quitting, then the current solution doesn't prevent that either, and the current penalties are a lot larger, so innocent people will suffer more than under my proposed solution. I might still rather just have a disconnect = loss, end of story. I guess the key difference is whether the victim of the disconnect gets points or not, so in that sense there is indeed more incentive to cause the other person to disconnect. The SF4 solution also sounds fine, though. Giving players info on other players shitty behavior is good because of the shaming aspect.

I had a number of people quit/disconnect on me in KI one night, and it gave me a warning saying too many of my wins were coming from disconnects, so it's got its own issues.

I got a message saying I dc after a player rq on me after i stopped playing and going back in.

Edzi

I got a message saying I dc after a player rq on me after i stopped playing and going back in.

Wait, does it actually check if you're sent back to matchmaking or is it just checking that you're still logged in? If it's checking matchmaking, couldn't it get a false positive for someone that's searching for matches through the Ranked/Casual option on the main menu? If you get RQ on while searching through those menus, you get booted back to the main menu and have to manually go back to matchmaking.

thelastword

Banned

Thanks for this, because this was my conclusion as well. It's good that the misinformation is being quelled by a Capcom employee though.

thelastword

Banned
What I don't get is why rage quit matches aren't logged in. It should be in a public replay under their matches.
I think it's because they string the replay data only after a match is completely done...(that is 2 or 3 rounds 1 match. K.O). So basically anything before K.O and a 2/3 winner is deemed incomplete.

I do agree that they should look into that though, get another loop in the code that saves a match where two rounds and up are started...... If the person quits before the first round finishes, you can discard that, but it should be on their profile to shame them or so you can easily review the match or post it to Capcom. That would have been a good solution prior to this patch though, not sure how much it will be needed anymore. There will be less quitting now for sure.

Alchemist

Thanks for the clarification, haunts.

Durden77

I did.

I love the stage.

I love the community.

I love watching streams.

I think it's worth it to support a game and community that I spend so much time watching and playing.

That's kind of the situation I'm in. I really want the stage badly, very interested in the super secret costume, and I want to support the community. This is pretty much the only game I play so I have no problem dumping money into it. But I don't use Cammy and Chun really at all. I wish it was at least like 5 dollars less, it's just a little pricey.

After I pay my bills I'll see what my money's like and if I've got some extra spending cash fuck it.

Btw does anyone have a pic of Guile's CPT color? That might be the tipping point for me.

sometimes my matches freeze in the middle of the 2nd round or during the VS screen before kicking me back to the main menu, this happened 6 times earlier and my lp is untouched.

lol turns out it was some dude on reddit starting shit.

but can you imagine though? "Well i'm done for the day but let me quit the next two matches to try and catch an unfortunate mofo"

giphy.gif

Zerojul

After I pay my bills I'll see what my money's like and if I've got some extra spending cash fuck it.

Btw does anyone have a pic of Guile's CPT color? That might be the tipping point for me.

And yeah, I'm gonna get the pack later this month too when I get back from vacation. I think supporting the community is well worth a little bit of my money.

Tried ranked to see what it's like with the update and one shitty Ryu decided to rage quit when things were not going his or her way. Everything else was a fight for dear life as I tried to hold my ultra silver rank. I feel bad for mediocre Sim players whenever I run into them. Deep inside I know some of their mistakes were far worse for them than they are for Ryu, Chun and Ken players. Blowing them up makes me feel a bit guilty inside. Zangief players elicit a similar response until they get a couple of SPDs in.

Also, trying to learn a new character is tough, but it is important to have a secondary character. Gotta click with Nash soon.

Vega is Q confirmed

You know, Seth Killian used to say that in passing. That some accident happened and Q uses the mask to hide his ugliness rather than protect his beauty.

Note that Vega would be one of the tallest characters in SFV if he didn't slouch. Also, one of Q's specials is him clawing people with his hands. At angles that are the same as Vega's new claw special.

Just saying.

Pompadour

I can imagine a fighting game dystopian future where you pay money for better versions of characters.

I pitched the idea that they do should more CPT packs and all of them would have identical costumes, stages, colors but they would be named something like "CPT 2017 Q PACK." Whichever character bundle sold the most would become a DLC character in Season 2.

So yes, a future with Ingrid in SFV would be dystopian.

Ryce

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";214003797]You know, Seth Killian used to say that in passing. That some accident happened and Q uses the mask to hide his ugliness rather than protect his beauty.

Note that Vega would be one of the tallest characters in SFV if he didn't slouch. Also, one of Q's specials is him clawing people with his hands. At angles that are the same as Vega's new claw special.

Just saying.[/QUOTE]
Vega is 6'1" and Q is 7'5", and both characters coexist during the events of SFV (Viper is investigating Q). They're definitely not the same person. I don't know why "Q is [insert name]" theories are so abundant. He isn't anyone but himself, an original character introduced in 3rd Strike.

Pompadour

Vega is 6'1" and Q is 7'5", and both characters coexist during the events of SFV (Viper is investigating Q). They're definitely not the same person. I don't know why "Q is [insert name]" theories are so abundant. He isn't anyone but himself, an original character introduced in 3rd Strike.

He's actually Sawada.

There's probably a bunch of Qs. Also, he was introduced in 2.

Durden77

And yeah, I'm gonna get the pack later this month too when I get back from vacation. I think supporting the community is well worth a little bit of my money.

Thank you. Hmmm color is not as cool as I was hoping. I wanted more blue. And at this point I mainly just use the default costume anyway.

Fuck it I'll probably buy it tho.

Top Bottom