• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

JayEH

But does it actually know who RQs now or will it start banning people who get RQ on three times in a row?

Hmmm. Good question. Also tbh I missed the 3 quits things the first time I read it. The occasional rage quitter still possibly won't get punished.

Im playing so sloppy sorry lol

haha it's fine. I am too. I think I only anti aired once during the Karin v Rog match.

Bob White

16_vatweet03.jpg

Don't hurt em', Uncle Valle.

JayEH

Necalli and Ryu don't need a Jab AA when they already have DPs. That's the complaint not solely on having a Jab AA.

Moaradin

Some people are saying they got banned and -1000 from encountering 3 rage quitters in a row? I can't tell if that's legit or just trolling on reddit.

FluxWaveZ

If the implication is that balance changes are unnecessary and that people should just adapt to everything as-is, then I disagree. Some elements can be imperfect (and boy do we know this when it comes to Street Fighter V), and it's better to refine those elements than to leave them in a notably imperfect state.

Of course, until that happens, continuously complaining about something won't get you anywhere. It's a waste of time and you should figure out how to get around those issues instead. But changes improving the game and its balance would be good, not bad.

Some people are saying they got banned and -1000 from encountering 3 rage quitters in a row? I can't tell if that's legit or just trolling on reddit.

I'd say it's still uncertain because the update just happened and it's not getting widely reported on. But knowing SFV's online until now, it's a scary possibility.

Edit: My result at the Montreal weekly today: http://challonge.com/tatsumakituesday15

It'll never be finished because there was a major blackout that halted the whole thing. I was on a roll and so excited to face Chi-Rithy again, too...

Edzi

Seeing as that's how the original rq solution worked, I wouldn't be surprised. What a mess if true.

mbpm1

Just heard RQing doesn't distinguish between the RQer and the RQ victim. If you can actually get penalized for being RQ on, this system is typical Capcpom

*Street Fighter community when they read the patch notes and finally realize that capcom can't tell who rage quitted.*

nyI9qAN.jpg

i'll tune in for the shit storm tomorrow.

Coda

How do I repay you? Thank you very much.

Also, I totally remembered how we figured out we're somewhat neighbors and added you on Facebook.

Haha no worries, I found it online somewhere when the stage dropped and I've had it as my PC background as well ever since.

And nice added you back, I need to make it out to more events.

remz

Needs an RQ ratio system like KI. Realistic though, if you can get punished by being RQ'd on, rqers are still going to be the ones suffering more than not. Unless you have really bad luck and 3 people looking to tank your LP run into one after the other

Big Brett

Haha no worries, I found it online somewhere when the stage dropped and I've had it as my PC background as well ever since.

And nice added you back, I need to make it out to more events.

I'm tentatively planning to make it out to GU this Friday. Not gonna do well, but I've gotta get my feet wet.

Anybody have any idea where this whole "People who get Ragequit on get screwed too" thing started? There's two threads on Reddit that mention it, but in both cases it started with people asking if it was true, or saying they heard it somewhere. There's one person in one thread saying he got punished after being quit on, but that's it.

Palom

I've been rage quit on 2 of my last 3 games, so I'll let you know if I get any more.

Edit: Well, I accidentally rage quit when I went to put my PS4 into sleep mode by hitting Options as I was holding down the PS button and it accepted a rematch. I heard it go "round 1" right as I went to put it in rest mode. Logged back in to check, and I didn't have any penalty.

Anybody have any idea where this whole "People who get Ragequit on get screwed too" thing started? There's two threads on Reddit that mention it, but in both cases it started with people asking if it was true, or saying they heard it somewhere. There's one person in one thread saying he got punished after being quit on, but that's it.

If this is really happening then people need to record it and upload it so we can all see. You don't need to record every quit, just the last one in which you can prove that it wasn't your fault and then you still receive the message about losing 1k LP and getting put in time out.

Well if this is true, I'm sticking casual match

hamchan

Well, it was true pre-patch that the game couldn't distinguish which person rage quit so they just punished both. So I guess that's where it started.

The hope is that this new patch can tell who rage quit before giving the punishments. It would be an absolute disaster with these new punishments if they still can't tell.

Palom

Well, it was true pre-patch that the game couldn't distinguish which person rage quit so they just punished both. So I guess that's where it started.

The hope is that this new patch can tell who rage quit before giving the punishments. It would be an absolute disaster with these new punishments if they still can't tell.
Did that change after a while? I was rage quit on 4 times yesterday and 5 times last week in the span of about 2 hours for each and never received any time-out for it.

Moaradin

Did that change after a while? I was rage quit on 4 times yesterday and 5 times last week in the span of about 2 hours for each and never received any time-out for it.

The rage quits punishing the victim thing has never been confirmed to be true tbh.

I keep hearing that every once in a while, but I haven't actually seen any evidence for it. You would think it would be pretty easy to do with the PS4 share function or something.

Top Bottom