• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 'Reclaimed' Multiplayer Map Revealed - IGN FIRST

pizzacat

Banned
When's Paduk

Also I've seen that a lot of people have commented that the gameplay is actually people playing good that's prolly because there's a lot of people who were pro gears players on coalition iirc

this game looks on point. the smg seems really powerful at close range though, thats some retro lancer down time at 01:11. digging the deebees sniper though, that is gona be a monster in the right hands.

minor complaint, i wish they wernt called deebess. what a stupid fuckin name
Yeah. Other side is Outsiders/COG

ffs. they look too similar for my liking. a great thing about gears is being able to instantly separate friend from foe, now im going to be second guessing myself.

ilMikhail

POP5zsH.gif

damn cant wait :D

aBarreras

this game looks on point. the smg seems really powerful at close range though, thats some retro lancer down time at 01:11. digging the deebees sniper though, that is gona be a monster in the right hands.

minor complaint, i wish they wernt called deebess. what a stupid fuckin name

ffs. they look too similar for my liking. a great thing about gears is being able to instantly separate friend from foe, now im going to be second guessing myself.

who look to similar? ousiders/cog are blue'green variants, and swarm deebes, pale/red variants, i dont think there would be a problem

aslo DeeBees is probably a nickname that the people on sera gave to them

who look to similar? ousiders/cog are blue'green variants, and swarm deebes, pale/red variants, i dont think there would be a problem

aslo DeeBees is probably a nickname that the people on sera gave to them
deebees armour looks very similar to cogs to me. i would prefer deebess to have black armour plates instead of silver.
I think I'll be playing as Swarm myself - I like me some monsters.
problem with swarm is they dont have the locust personality. locust would have that menacing laugh after u headshot someone & in between rounds the queen will provide amazing soundbites like 'i am not ur queen, u are nothing'.

hoping gears 4 gets some more of those classic sound bites like marcus saying 'scratch one grub' or carmine yelling 'thats what i live for!!' and of course cole trains 'the cole train runs on whole grain baby yeah!!' it really adds to the game. just listen to this

Damn... I need this game. Did they add more people in the multiplayer? This guy was taking them out left and right..seemed like 5on5.

I really wish this had PC / Xbone cross-play for competitive. Just force you to use an Xbox One controller if you matchmake in cross-play. Just worried the PC community will dry up quickly

LowRoller

I really wish this had PC / Xbone cross-play for competitive. Just force you to use an Xbox One controller if you matchmake in cross-play. Just worried the PC community will dry up quickly
I don't think there's any way you could force someone to use a controller on pc. People wI'll always find a workaround. The gears ue community dried up quickly because it was a bad port and launch and launched really late. I think this will have a good community on pc with all the features it has and the marketing push.

lazerfox

This looks amazing! Now I kinda regret not playing the open beta.

edit:
This game will have cross-play multiplayer between PC and Xbox One right? I'm worried about population if they are split.
I hope not. Xbox players would have a huge disadvantage playing against M&K users.

I'm so excited for this game! Cannot wait to jump into a fresh Gears; it's been too long. UE was fun and all, but I personally miss the tightness in the controls from the Gears 4 beta.
problem with swarm is they dont have the locust personality. locust would have that menacing laugh after u headshot someone & in between rounds the queen will provide amazing soundbites like 'i am not ur queen, u are nothing'.

hoping gears 4 gets some more of those classic sound bites like marcus saying 'scratch one grub' or carmine yelling 'thats what i live for!!' and of course cole trains 'the cole train runs on whole grain baby yeah!!' it really adds to the game. just listen to this
I hope so too.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yep. This. Just give us the toggle.
To be fair those people will still complain about being rekt by MKB.
Look at all the people who manually enroll in Xbox Preview Dashboard and then complain that it breaks things or updates take them out of games too often.

pizzacat

Banned
Man as someone who played gears 1 PC port online a lot with a controller

I really don't see why it shouldn't have crossplay across the board

Nokterian

Man as someone who played gears 1 PC port online a lot with a controller

I really don't see why it shouldn't have crossplay across the board

Even i played the first gears on pc with a 360 controller..i played gears 4 at gamescom on PC the controls are seamless between mouse+keyboard and xbox one controller i prefer playing with controller though.

So yeah cross play in versus against xbox one players should be done as well.

Look at all the people who manually enroll in Xbox Preview Dashboard and then complain that it breaks things or updates take them out of games too often.

Yeah that does make sense. As long as the population on Xbox One holds that would be awesome. Can't wait for this, about to preorder the ultimate edition.

krang

Heh. True.

I'm not sure if I want XBO v PC competitive play if I'm honest.

Having both ranked and social playlists killed population numbers in the previous games - particularly Gears of War 3 because of an overabundance of game modes.

A toggle would just create a divide and drive down player numbers in each pool.

We've finally got rid of that (I think?) with core and competitive being attached to specific game modes.

I'm also not totally convinced PC players couldn't find a way to exploit the system.

Theorry

We are getting some sort of Halo system now for online right?
Must say i am against shooters wich combine PC and consoles for versus. But imo Gears is the only game i dont mind for it as i think the PC guys dont have that huge advantage gameplay wise. Because Gears is so different then alot of other shooters.

So does my profile transfer from the Xbox one to the PC? In other words can I play Campaign and Horde on my PC but then do competitive on my Xbox One and have all my unlocks / progress across both?

We are getting some sort of Halo system now for online right?
Must say i am against shooters wich combine PC and consoles for versus. But imo Gears is the only game i dont mind for it as i think the PC guys dont have that huge advantage gameplay wise. Because Gears is so different then alot of other shooters.

Yeah, we've got an online ranking system similar to Halo now.

And I agree, I don't think console players would be at much of a disadvantage.

So does my profile transfer from the Xbox one to the PC? In other words can I play Campaign and Horde on my PC but then do competitive on my Xbox One and have all my unlocks / progress across both?

I believe so, yes.

krang

I'm not sure if I want XBO v PC competitive play if I'm honest.

Having both ranked and social playlists killed population numbers in the previous games - particularly Gears of War 3 because of an overabundance of game modes.

A toggle would just create a divide and drive down player numbers in each pool.

We've finally got rid of that (I think?) with core and competitive being attached to specific game modes.

I'm also not totally convinced PC players couldn't find a way to exploit the system.

I mean, the toggle could be applied as part of a series of search criteria for matchmaking, like Halo (best connection, language, cross-play on/off, for example). I would never suggest that a cross-play switch removes Xbox players from the Xbox-only pool - only provide more options for better connections on a game by game basis, where Xbox players with cross-play ON can still be matched to all-Xbox games with people who have it turned OFF.

And social only, obviously.

I mean, the toggle could be applied as part of a series of search criteria for matchmaking, like Halo (best connection, language, cross-play on/off, for example). I would never suggest that a cross-play switch removes Xbox players from the Xbox-only pool - only provide more options for better connections on a game by game basis, where Xbox players with cross-play ON can still be matched to all-Xbox games with people who have it turned OFF.

And social only, obviously.

I don't think it's bad idea. I have no strong feelings either way and the more options the better I suppose.

If it's done right, I'd be happy to see it included.

Is this a remake of a Gears 3 map? I feel like i've seen this before.

It has some similarities to Mercy from Gears of War 3.

krang

I don't think it's bad idea. I have no strong feelings either way and the more options the better I suppose.

If it's done right, I'd be happy to see it included.

I think it's unlikely to happen. But hopefully we will see it supported in privates - that's a solid step forward.

Top Bottom