• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 'Reclaimed' Multiplayer Map Revealed - IGN FIRST

POP5zsH.gif

Holy shit, that is one of the most insane executions I've ever witnessed in a game. Absolutely brutal...and beautiful, game is looking great.

Good shit Coalition, good fucking shit.

Les

Banned
Anyone saying that Keyboard/Mouse would have an advantage in Gears of War over controllers has no idea what they are talking about.

E92 M3

This video got me hyped. Great to see actual good players playing instead of journalists.

Game looks sick and reminds me of the first game.

we know that, my point is that, do you really think damon baird named them DeeBees? im pretty sure deebees is short for something else, or the nickname people gave them

and no, since JD and DEL went AWOL, its probably the minister who sent the DeeBees

Baird probably made them, and Jinn probably named them. Abbreviation for something complicated? Sure, it's Baird. He might have done the initials on purpose if it's something long or complicated. He's an asshole, dickhead and the most practical Gear among all the Delta squad, and that's why people love him.

Also, no. It's hard to believe that the COG would send their units to kill the son of a war hero who was one among the elites who ended the lambent/locust uprising, just because they went AWOL. James doesn't even know why they're being attacked - they're Gears, not some rookie stranded to NOT know that going AWOL would result in them being stripped off their uniforms and be on the hunt, "IF" that were the case. Could happen, but would be really disappointing.

I know they don't want to piss off PC players by forcing controller only but I'm almost certain pc players wouldn't mind a separate playlist that forces the use of controllers if it matchmakes with the Xbox one population.

The reality here is to not piss off the Xbox One population, but also giving a good and deserving PC port on the side, at the same time. It doesn't matter if the PC players "wouldn't mind" and separate playlist, it's laughable saying that. The Xbox One playerbase is the one that gets to decide whether they "wouldn't mind" playing with KB/M players from PC, as they're the highest priority for competitive MP and ANYTHING that affects game balance for Xbox One wouldn't even be considered possible. This game is going to be majorly supported at eSport events. The last thing they want is their primary playerbase (of more than 95%-98% of their players) complaining about game balance which would bring them bad PR, something this game has seldom received so far since the reveal. If you want more players to play with, you're probably better off asking more PC players to get the game than asking to play with the Xbox playerbase.

I'm not sure if this is technically possible but they do seem to have tight controls on windows store games.

Not possible. Workarounds to emulate an Xbox One controller with a KB/M, on UWP, would be out within hours of release. You don't even need "modders" to do this mostly.

As it stands between being windows store exclusive and the mp population of gears ue on PC I won't even consider buying this on PC until a few months to see if the game can sustain a healthy mp population on PC.

This is both a wise, and unwise choice. The first few weeks (upto a month) you would find players on PC on competitive MP in most playlists (even if the numbers are low). It's the second month the players would start to vanish on PC, with some popular playlists still getting games, like TDM/Execution etc (don't know if execution is popular on PC, I'm just using it as an example).

That said, you shouldn't look past playing campaign, horde and private matches (if you have friends on Xbox One). Good value I reckon.

aBarreras

Baird probably made them, and Jinn probably named them. Abbreviation for something complicated? Sure, it's Baird. He might have done the initials on purpose if it's something long or complicated. He's an asshole, dickhead and the most practical Gear among all the Delta squad, and that's why people love him.

Also, no. It's hard to believe that the COG would send their units to kill the son of a war hero who was one among the elites who ended the lambent/locust uprising, just because they went AWOL. James doesn't even know why they're being attacked - they're Gears, not some rookie stranded to NOT know that going AWOL would result in them being stripped off their uniforms and be on the hunt, "IF" that were the case. Could happen, but would be really disappointing.

what are you talking about? it is know that JD and DEL left the new COG for unknown reasons so far.

and if it is something big enough to threat the minister, of course they will sent the DeeBees and said it was a malfunction or something

edit: i mean even marcus left the new cog, its pretty clear that they arent exactly "good guys"

bidguy

Banned
Anyone saying that Keyboard/Mouse would have an advantage in Gears of War over controllers has no idea what they are talking about.

yea id get the complaints if this were a fps where precise aiming truly matters but... it aint, not really

at least we get cross play for horde 3.0

People who've played Gears only on one platform with one input device, obviously won't have the slightest idea about how GeOW MP would work on 2 platforms with all input devices at play. It's understandable when they're clueless in their statements because they don't know the inherent advantages of a KB/M setup over a controller because they're completely oblivious to one of them.

Anyway, good stuff that The Coalition is including PC players for privates with their friends so that they don't get left out of multiplayer, after just weeks of launch, and just for privates alone and not public games, to balance it competitively. I wonder if they could add this to GeOW:UE too. Would be great for PC players. GeOW:UE PC is a graveyard now.

what are you talking about? it is know that JD and DEL left the new COG for unknown reasons so far.

and if it is something big enough to threat the minister, of course they will sent the DeeBees and said it was a malfunction or something

edit: i mean even marcus left the new cog, its pretty clear that they arent exactly "good guys"

We don't know what that classified mission James and Del were on and why they went AWOL after that.

James specifically hints that both him and Del are unaware of why they're being attacked.

Marcus: "What the hell did you guys do?"

James: "Funny story, dad. We have no idea..."

This could only be explained in-game. Again, chances of people within the COG or Jinn himself wanting these two dead because of them seeing some controversial files/data, are high but the Swarm taking control of the DeeBees cannot be ruled out as well. It should be noted that Marcus, when he abandoned his mission and went AWOL is search of Adam, was testified at court and sentenced to 40 years in prison (before Dom/Anya and others broke him out), but not under a headhunt like both Del & James are here now. Juxtapose that here, searching for Marcus, may well be the reason why James went AWOL and could be the reason for Del too, since he's an orphan (maybe they both got leads to their parents). We'll never know until the game's out.

Also, The COG not being "good guys", NOW? LOL. The Cog, or rather their commandants/chairmen/elite are some of the most self-indulgent narcissistic asswipes on the face of Sera. It's because of them, the Gears get a bad name. Ranging from decisions in the Pendulum Wars, to E-Day and it's aftermath with the Hammer strikes, these assholes care about NOBODY else other than themselves in making influential decisions on striking the enemy stronghold or preventing them from entering theirs. Even the Stranded have a moral code that's way better than The COG.

aBarreras

We don't know what that classified mission James and Del were on and why they went AWOL after that.

James specifically hints that both him and Del are unaware of why they're being attacked.

Marcus: "What the hell did you guys do?"

James: "Funny story, dad. We have no idea..."

This could only be explained in-game. Again, chances of people within the COG or Jinn himself wanting these two dead because of them seeing some controversial files/data, are high but the Swarm taking control of the DeeBees cannot be ruled out as well. It should be noted that Marcus, when he abandoned his mission and went AWOL is search of Adam, was testified at court and sentenced to 40 years in prison (before Dom/Anya and others broke him out), but not under a headhunt like both Del & James are here now. Juxtapose that here, searching for Marcus, may well be the reason why James went AWOL and could be the reason for Del too, since he's an orphan (maybe they both got leads to their parents). We'll never know until the game's out.

Also, The COG not being "good guys", NOW? LOL. The Cog, or rather their commandants/chairmen/elite are some of the most self-indulgent narcissistic asswipes on the face of Sera. It's because of them, the Gears get a bad name. Ranging from decisions in the Pendulum Wars, to E-Day and it's aftermath with the Hammer strikes, these assholes care about NOBODY else other than themselves in making influential decisions on striking the enemy stronghold or preventing them from entering theirs. Even the Stranded have a moral code that's way better than The COG.

yeah, but i guess i just think that swarm getting control of the deebees would be lame.

the cog are a bunch of assholes, and gears games always had that "is this really the right thing to do" going on for them, so i expect that we have that angle again, marcus leaving the cog is a big hint too

SwolBro

Banned
they look like they've done an amazing job with this game. the more i see vids the more i think i'll probably end up picking it up

Voliko

Anyone worried about the SMG? I had no problem with the retro in 3 but damn the SMG looks powerful. The new map looks OK but still, too big. I wish this game was out already so I could drop Halo 5

Anyone worried about the SMG? I had no problem with the retro in 3 but damn the SMG looks powerful. The new map looks OK but still, too big. I wish this game was out already so I could drop Halo 5

Yeah it looked way too strong. Granted, it was an active and I believe a shotty could have killed faster at the same range

Still not confirmed that it's a starting weapon but if it is I can't imagine a scenario where you choose it over the Gnasher. Even if it ends up being really strong it will never be able to match the utility that the Gnasher has at close to medium range. The Gnasher has forever and always been an absolute workhorse and I don't anticipate that changing anytime soon.

I can't imagine you'd ever want to throw away your rifle for it either because it leaves you incredibly vulnerable at long range. Maybe for something like KotH on certain maps you can break out the Enforcer/Gnasher combo assuming it's a starting weapon choice.

Yeah, the enforcer might affect MP a LOT. Did you see those purple bursts? Active. This could end up far worse than retro's OP/broken tier damage model. Also, has way more accuracy + less recoil than retro. Good thing there's no stopping power here anymore, but still needs some serious nerf in MP before launch.

Watch here without active, particularly how he sprays the second guy like the retro and superman DBNO in an instant (granted he was damaged already by team support, but still high for competitive play), regardless of starting loadouts or if it ends up being a pickup.

Also, I feel we're talking just about the enforcer here and totally ignoring Overkill which has what it takes to become the DBS 2.0, with 4 shots now lol

The IGN preview confirmed that the DeeBees are sent by the COG to investigate the disappearance of a number of their own.

First Minister Jinn believes that Outsiders could be responsible for kidnapping her people.

Of course it's the Swarm in reality.

I'm not sure how you can keep that story thread going throughout the entire game without everyone looking stupid, so you'd imagine they'll join forces in the end.

I'm really excited for the campaign, there's a lot of potential in the scenario they've come up with. I'm also really intrigued how the flashback to the Pendulum Wars fits in.

We are looking at privates for versus and crossplay as well.
Oh, please do this. I may not necessarily be into UWP as a staple for the Windows platform, but I have a decent PC plus a $50.00 windows store card and I am willing to make up the difference if this game offers such an option.

The options you are already giving PC gamers are more than I expected and adding private versus would definitely sway me to get this game over KIller Instinct in which I can have unrestricted multiplayer with my Xbox friends.

Keep up the good work and bring that Private versus! :)

Oh, please do this. I may not necessarily be into UWP as a staple for the Windows platform, but I have a decent PC plus a $50.00 windows store card and I am willing to make up the difference if this game offers such an option.

The options you are already giving PC gamers are more than I expected and adding private versus would definitely sway me to get this game over KIller Instinct in which I can have unrestricted multiplayer with my Xbox friends.

Keep up the good work and bring that Private versus! :)

Agree with X-play for privates and if they have enough staff/time, even GeOW:UE could benefit from this IMO.

About your purchase, I would suggest getting both (assuming you're satisfied with this game's performance at launch). KI's a fantastic return of a FG that was in slumber for decades, and it has full X-play with the X1 playerbase (crossbuy too, just in case you pickup any Xbox iteration later down the years), so will have longer legs online & you don't have to worry about players at all anytime you play.

Agree with X-play for privates and if they have enough staff/time, even GeOW:UE could benefit from this IMO.

About your purchase, I would suggest getting both (assuming you're satisfied with this game's performance at launch). KI's a fantastic return of a FG that was in slumber for decades, and it has full X-play with the X1 playerbase (crossbuy too, just in case you pickup any Xbox iteration later down the years), so will have longer legs online & you don't have to worry about players at all anytime you play.
Thanks for the heads up. I was talking to a friend who has an XBone. I showed him the video and that it was coming out Oct. 11. So I hope he gets it so we can do online together. My nephew's will also have this on XBone. So cross play is very important to me as well as private versus.

I will purposely play my XBone buddies with a controller to make it more fair. Unless they are ok with keyboard and mouse.

I just upgraded my PC with a GTX 1060 from a GTX 780. My CPU is a 4770k and I have 16 gigs of ram. I am hoping those specs can get me 1080p 60 fps at a pretty high fidelity. About KI, I did download the f2p version. I will buy that game, but it will have to be after GOW4. Unless reviews for that come back negative, I think it's a sure purchase for me in Oct.

Top Bottom