• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 'Reclaimed' Multiplayer Map Revealed - IGN FIRST

POP5zsH.gif

Lighthearted fun for the entire family. Pre-order your copy of Gears 4 today.

Kazooie

Banned
To be fair those people will still complain about being rekt by MKB.
Look at all the people who manually enroll in Xbox Preview Dashboard and then complain that it breaks things or updates take them out of games too often.
I probably know the answer to this but would it be that bad? PC players on Rocket League are usually pretty crap and when I tried CS:GO with a 360 pad on my brother's PC I stayed at about 1:1 (not good by any stretch but hardly destroyed).

One thing I keep wondering, and it's really minor, but am I going to get my preferred character when joining in progress?

360 memory limitations meant you were either stuck with Marcus (who I've always played as anyway) or Drone - hope they fix that.

One thing I keep wondering, and it's really minor, but am I going to get my preferred character when joining in progress?

360 memory limitations meant you were either stuck with Marcus (who I've always played as anyway) or Drone - hope they fix that.

Don't think they've said but god I hope so. It's been one of my pet peeves for the longest time.

Also hope the voice lines at the start of a round come back too. Haven't had them since Gears 2 at this point, even though they were technically in Gears 3 but you couldn't hear them while on dedicated servers.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Got the digital pre order ready..strange that all of the play anywhere is digital only for both PC and Xbox One.

Offcourse it is. Otherwise you could just sell the retail copy after install.

Hahaha what an odd thing to say.
If it was play anywhere people would just get the Xbox One version, install the PC version, then return the disk 100% money back or swap it with Forza Horizon 3, install the PC version the return the disk 100% money back.

Looking beautiful. Not digging (no pun intended) the retro lancer 2.0 though. I don't mind the hammerbursts returning at all, even with burst or single fire toggle (and all those modded controller shenanigans that we all know about and suffered during it's run), but, THIS should be heavily nerfed before the game launches, period. Would totally kill competitive modes since they're sticking with GeOW 3's CMS, even if it is a pickup, let alone starting loadouts.

who look to similar? ousiders/cog are blue'green variants, and swarm deebes, pale/red variants, i dont think there would be a problem

aslo DeeBees is probably a nickname that the people on sera gave to them

DeeBees

Uhh, Damon Baird's? This entire race of machines might be Baird's work (it's been 20-25 years in the future since GeOW3) and maybe the Swarm got a hold of'em somehow and reprogrammed them, turning on humans.

I really wish this had PC / Xbone cross-play for competitive. Just force you to use an Xbox One controller if you matchmake in cross-play. Just worried the PC community will dry up quickly

Nope. Sorry. I'm an ardent supporter of fighting games on consoles should have PC X-Play to support & save the PC platform in the long run as it's an upcoming genre on PC. But this is a shooter. No matter how you spin it to argue and get X-play, a KB/M will ALWAYS be more accurate and have insanely faster (and stable+easy) camera control than a controller at it's highest sensitivity at all 3 settings (which is the backbone for GeOW MP at CQC where most carnage happens). No amount of "toggle" or "forcing to use Xbox One controller" tricks would work here, even if an API 100x harder/worse than UWP is used. The PC playerbase ALWAYS finds a way.

Also, this is a flagship Xbox franchise, what you'd call a system seller. An entire pool of (potentially) 5M+ players CANNOT be put at ANY amount of disadvantage or anything disrupting game balance (even a miniscule chance), just because a TINY contingent of PC players can get matches 2 weeks post launch. This would bring them (MSFT) even MORE unwanted BAD PR from the community, which is mostly Xbox players, and this game has only had positive stuff heard from all fronts till now, especially now since they're pushing competitive play at eSport events since GeOW UE and continue with this as well, which was sorely missed by the community halfway through GeOW 2's lifespan and most of 3.

Private matches with X-Play would be great and not affecting competitive play at all because you're only playing your friends and the host of the lobby can kick you out anytime. Other than that, there's co-op across the board if you can't get any players on PC and you should pretty much be satisfied with that.

We are looking at privates for versus and crossplay as well.

Good call about private matches and not player matches/social and ranked. Friends on PC can enjoy playing privates now w/o being stuck forever on the matchmaking screen. You guys are nailing it on every aspect of this game. Can't wait.

I'm not sure if I want XBO v PC competitive play if I'm honest.

Having both ranked and social playlists killed population numbers in the previous games - particularly Gears of War 3 because of an overabundance of game modes.

A toggle would just create a divide and drive down player numbers in each pool.

We've finally got rid of that (I think?) with core and competitive being attached to specific game modes.

I'm also not totally convinced PC players couldn't find a way to exploit the system.

You don't have to worry about anything. Yes, there'll be workarounds/exploits if there's a "toggle" for "forcing Xbox One controller" in no time. But Spencer has repeatedly gone on record saying multiple times, on how bad of a decision of including X-Play in Shadowrun was and how it will NEVER happen again. Rest assured, X-play with PC's will only be for private matches with friends, if you allow.

I would argue with you on playlists for social not affecting ranked numbers, but that's a separate debate.

pitchfork

Lol! where's the bloke that said they were dumbing down the gore ; )

Best looking map so far. Really cannot wait to play this game

Strootman

You know what would be great? If they add all the overwatch stuff like skins/emotes/POTG/HighlightsIntros etc... it would be fucking fantastic.

Rod pls read this!!!

You know what would be great? If they add all the overwatch stuff like skins/emotes/POTG/HighlightsIntros etc... it would be fucking fantastic.

Rod pls read this!!!

Yeah Gears matches are full of cool multi kill plays. I'd love to see a "play of the game" type thing at the end of a match

Detox

I know they don't want to piss off PC players by forcing controller only but I'm almost certain pc players wouldn't mind a separate playlist that forces the use of controllers if it matchmakes with the Xbox one population.

I'm not sure if this is technically possible but they do seem to have tight controls on windows store games.

As it stands between being windows store exclusive and the mp population of gears ue on PC I won't even consider buying this on PC until a few months to see if the game can sustain a healthy mp population on PC.

Don't get me wrong, I love Gears and I love over the top action oriented violence in games and movies but this looks dumb even for Gears.

The past executions I remember were brutal but quick. I don't remember them playing with their food, Mortal Kombat style like this. On top of that, why is he falling apart from being spun around by the...what is he being spun around by anyway?

Maybe it looks better at normal speed?

Don't get me wrong, I love Gears and I love over the top action oriented violence in games and movies but this looks dumb even for Gears.

The past executions I remember were brutal but quick. I don't remember them playing with their food, Mortal Kombat style like this. On top of that, why is he falling apart from being spun around by the...what is he being spun around by anyway?

?

The original punching execution takes like 8-10 seconds doesn't it?

It's way faster in the video

pizzacat

Banned
I'm not sure if I want XBO v PC competitive play if I'm honest.

Having both ranked and social playlists killed population numbers in the previous games - particularly Gears of War 3 because of an overabundance of game modes.

A toggle would just create a divide and drive down player numbers in each pool.

We've finally got rid of that (I think?) with core and competitive being attached to specific game modes.

I'm also not totally convinced PC players couldn't find a way to exploit the system.
Honestly there should be one comp playlist that involves execution, koth or annex, and tdm

Other modes can stick to having ranks but it's different than comp

nel e nel

Don't think they've said but god I hope so. It's been one of my pet peeves for the longest time.

Also hope the voice lines at the start of a round come back too. Haven't had them since Gears 2 at this point, even though they were technically in Gears 3 but you couldn't hear them while on dedicated servers.

WE EAT TONIIIIGHT

aBarreras

DeeBees

Uhh, Damon Baird's? This entire race of machines might be Baird's work (it's been 20-25 years in the future since GeOW3) and maybe the Swarm got a hold of'em somehow and reprogrammed them, turning on humans.

we know that, my point is that, do you really think damon baird named them DeeBees? im pretty sure deebees is short for something else, or the nickname people gave them

and no, since JD and DEL went AWOL, its probably the minister who sent the DeeBees

Honestly there should be one comp playlist that involves execution, koth or annex, and tdm

Other modes can stick to having ranks but it's different than comp

As long as we don't have too many playlists I'm not bothered how hey did it. Gears of War 3 had far too many.

You remember incorrectly. The beat down execution took about 20-seconds in game. Other executions are about as long as the gif posted. Power weapons always had brutal executions.

You remember incorrectly. The beat down execution took about 20-seconds in game. Other executions are about as long as the gif posted. Power weapons always had brutal executions.

It's a risk/reward mechanic too. Executions grant higher XP payouts but leave you vulnerable.

It's also a good way to get under the opponents' skin. :p

Marvel

could never
It's a risk/reward mechanic too. Executions grant higher XP payouts but leave you vulnerable.

It's also a good way to get under the opponents' skin. :p

Nothing was more satisfying than doing the executions on those that hump you when in DBNO lol. My personal fave being the punchout, Lancer rip and Scorcher ones.

Nothing was more satisfying than doing the executions on those that hump you when in DBNO lol. My personal fave being the punchout, Lancer rip and Scorcher ones.

Great choices.

You can't hate the arm rip either.

No one uses executions in normal play so if someone curb stomps you, you know you've pissed them off. lol

Top Bottom