• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes: Foxconn trialing production of NX, ~10m units expected annually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrus

You know Super Mario 64 isn't my favorite 3D Mario, but I'd love to see the next 3D Mario for NX be a much bigger version of Super Mario 64. Maybe even like a Super Mario Galaxy x 64. I really hope we get to see it at the reveal.

I watch Nintendo when they showed the Wii at E3 2006 and Wii U at E3 2012-both times they had either a 2D Mario or 3D Mario they showed off. I want to see the same again, but let it be a 3D Mario. Yes, I know what
Miyamoto said, but he can say whatever he wants it doesn't mean it won't happen lol.

This is what everyone has been asking for, for the last five years and we ended up with 3d world.

Nintendo cant reveal NX in October because it will interfere with Paper Mario. Cant do November because got pump up Nes Classic. December is out because its Christmas and need to move as much WiiU and 3ds as possible. January is no good because everyone is broke and depressed post Holidays and wont care. February is weird and doesnt have enough days to promote its secret new concept.

March looks good for a reveal announcement, but announcing NX then will interfere with launching NX. Have to push both back then.

The notion that they will impact the announcement of their future in the hardware businesses for one game seems a bit far fetched to me.
I don't imagine announcements for unrelated things not available for purchase for 6 more months is going to hurt them much.

cacildo

Nintendo cant reveal NX in October because it will interfere with Paper Mario. Cant do November because got pump up Nes Classic. December is out because its Christmas and need to move as much WiiU and 3ds as possible. January is no good because everyone is broke and depressed post Holidays and wont care. February is weird and doesnt have enough days to promote its secret new concept.

March looks good for a reveal announcement, but announcing NX then will interfere with launching NX. Have to push both back then.

There is Carnaval in february
Thats the reason they cant show the NX in february.
Unless they make a big Mario/NX carnaval car

Is it October anywhere yet?

0cfd9cd243.gif

We also have been told we were getting Zelda BOTW every year for the past 2 years. How did that work out?
That's not fair. Games get delayed all the time and this latest Zelda delay was probably to line it up with NX launch next year.

I forgot the posters name, but he said only the n64 was every delayed. The NX isn't getting delayed. There's no evidence or anything showing that it's in jeopardy of being pushed.

Shiggy

Reveal seems to be on October 17 based on the fact that the just newly added My Nintendo software discounts will expire on October 16. That surely isn't a coincidence.

Malus

This is what everyone has been asking for, for the last five years and we ended up with 3d world.

That's just like, your opinion man.

Personally I want a mix of Galaxy 1 and 3D Land/World in terms of pacing/design.

So basically Galaxy 2, but with some new core gameplay hook and aesthetic to get everyone excited. But none of Galaxy 2's green star nonsense pls. Thankfully Tokyo has gotten better at handling postgame content since the Galaxies.

antonz

ggx2ac

I was thinking that the NX reveal could be the same week or date as the release of PS VR which is October 13th but, I don't know.

Reason is PS4 Pro comes out November 10th worldwide. NES Mini Classic comes out in US on November 11th, Famicom Mini Classic on November 10th.

We had Super Mario Run get revealed on the same day as PS4 Pro and Slim reveal.

So I thought Nintendo would try to steal headlines again in the news by revealing NX on the same day PS VR releases.

Knowing Nintendo there's no way Paper Mario is the reason they're holding NX's announcement back.

This is the same company that released Pokemon Black and White in North America and Europe in the same month as the 3DS.

greelay

Knowing Nintendo there's no way Paper Mario is the reason they're holding NX's announcement back.

This is the same company that released Pokemon Black and White in North America and Europe in the same month as the 3DS.

Although I agree that they are probably not waiting on Paper Mario, I think the fact that the 3ds was backwards compatible with ds games makes the pokemon argument irrelevant.

Although I agree that they are probably not waiting on Paper Mario, I think the fact that the 3ds was backwards compatible with ds games makes the pokemon argument irrelevant.

The point is that Nintendo didn't stop all the presses regarding their upcoming hardware solely because they still had some games in the bag. They didn't delay the 3DS past that point and not talk about it at all until then, or even past B2/W2 (which were OG DS games in 2012) because that would be dumb.

I don't think Nintendo is foolish enough to think the imminent NX announcement is the only thing preventing millions of people from buying Colour Splash. One game isn't the sole reason why they would go completely mum on hardware.

EDIT: For a good non-BC-related example, the GCN was announced in August 2000. Several major N64 games were still released after the fact (Paper Mario, Mario Party 3, Conker, among others).

If Nintendo didn't make their plans for NX based around Paper Mario we wouldn't know, since it looks like NX won't be revealed until after Paper Mario anyways.

Shiggy

Prediction:

20 ish October every attention craving insider will say they heard November instead.

"Insiders" will do it this way: "I will provide more information in the coming weeks and months."

By not giving a specific time period, they can keep their elusive "insider" status as they cannot be proven wrong.

Actually, I am also an "insider": The NX will have a new Mario game, new Smash Bros., and a new Mario Kart. And the NX will see the release of more Nintendo games next year than the Wii U in 2016. And the NX will be unveiled soon. You will see that I am right with all of these points, I have very credible sources.

Avixph

"Insiders" will do it this way: "I will provide more information in the coming weeks and months."

By not giving a specific time period, they can keep their elusive "insider" status as they cannot be proven wrong.

Actually, I am also an "insider": The NX will have a new Mario game, new Smash Bros., and a new Mario Kart. And the NX will see the release of more Nintendo games next year than the Wii U in 2016. And the NX will be unveiled soon. You will see that I am right with all of these points, I have very credible sources.
Post that on Twitter and let's see how long it takes for your tweet to be reposted in this or any other thread about Nintendo's NX.

So one thing (dunno if it has been discussed before) I was thinking about recently is, if the NX is the successor to both, the Wii U and the 3DS, what will be the entry hardware model for kids (or let's say their parents who are not willing to buy a console), who just want a cheap handheld system like the 2DS and/or the cheapest 3DS model?
I don't know what it is like in the west atm with a lot of kids using smart devices, but here in Japan still lots of kids own only a Nintendo handheld. I just feel like if that becomes the case, Nintendo will leave a lot of money on the table. Thoughts?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Sometimes I feel they are so worried about being copied that they fear selling the NX to consumers in case they figure out its tricks and steal its ideas... ;).

So one thing (dunno if it has been discussed before) I was thinking about recently is, if the NX is the successor to both, the Wii U and the 3DS, what will be the entry hardware model for kids (or let's say their parents who are not willing to buy a console), who just want a cheap handheld system like the 2DS and/or the cheapest 3DS model?
I don't know what it is like in the west atm with a lot of kids using smart devices, but here in Japan still lots of kids own only a Nintendo handheld. I just feel like if that becomes the case, Nintendo will leave a lot of money on the table. Thoughts?

I think that's probably why there is some support for 3ds still scheduled into next year. Obviously they'd like everyone to jump up, but the 3ds will still be out there for awhile. Nintendo have some games coming, even something original like Ever Oasis, and everything Level 5 announced at Vision this year is coming to 3ds bar the otome game I believe, stuff like the snack world and megaton musashi.

Malus

No dock, lower memory version...anything they can afford to strip away like they did with 2DS.

marmoka

Banned
October 20th is one week after the release of Paper Mario in Japan, 2 weeks after the release in NA, EU and Australia. They need to sell as many units as possible. That day makes total sense for an official NX teaser, and the reveal by halloween.

I would like to see a reveal earlier, but I don't think that will happen.

Be pacient guys!

Nintendo isn't basing the NX unveiling around Paper Mario: Color Splash. I also highly doubt they're basing it around Pokemon or the NES Classic.

They're most likely basing their reveal timing around making sure their presentation, PR, and marketing is up to snuff.

I think that's probably why there is some support for 3ds still scheduled into next year. Obviously they'd like everyone to jump up, but the 3ds will still be out there for awhile. Nintendo have some games coming, even something original like Ever Oasis, and everything Level 5 announced at Vision this year is coming to 3ds bar the otome game I believe, stuff like the snack world and megaton musashi.
I'm aware of that, but at some point the 3DS will fade out, so what I was wondering is if there will be a new handheld only device or if they will try to convince people buying into the NX hybrid. I have a hard time believing that they will announce an exclusive handheld device after the 3DS lifecycle ends, but at the same time I don't see parents buying the NX for their kids for a few hundred bucks.

No dock, lower memory version...anything they can afford to strip away like they did with 2DS.
I thought of that, but the gap sounds to big to me to have any faith into that scenario. But then again, we basically know nothing about the NX at this point, so this could be a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom