• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes: Foxconn trialing production of NX, ~10m units expected annually

Status
Not open for further replies.

gafneo

Banned
Pretty good letter. Hope it's real.

CtmPlOIUAAEDrvb.jpg

I can't believe we survived another month. NX threads keep popping up. Every morning I come and check the active thread for continuous disappointment.

Still get dragged back every morning (or every hour during the day).

Damn.

udivision

General sounding, but what kind of shakephere do you expect when communicating to a retailer?
"Code named (as of now)"

Um... it will always be codenamed NX.

This reads like some dumb forum dweller wrote it. And reminding them about legal action? That just sounds off. Same for "next generation of Nintendo ".

BreakAtmo

We thought the same for the Wii U.

To be fair, the Wii U was a new console with with a big jump in processing power over its successful predecessor so it required entirely new games. The NX is the opposite - the base processing power will be similar to the Wii U, and the Wii U has sold badly, meaning that it may not be too hard for Nintendo to have a bunch of NX ports of Wii U exclusives ready for launch. Normally such a thing wouldn't fly for a new console, but between the games now being portable and the very large number of people who never bought a Wii U but would still be interested in its exclusives, I think it could work. They could develop a selection of new games similar to the Wii U launch lineup, and also get a bunch of porting houses to add to all that with the Zelda remasters, Bayonetta, Super Mario Maker NX, Smash 4 with all DLC on the cartridge, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and so on. Not to mention potentially digging deeper into the back catalogue with portable remasters of stuff like the Metroid Prime Trilogy and the GameCube/Wii Resident Evil titles.

Probably wishful thinking on my part, but there are opportunities here that weren't an option in 2012.

Given Nintendo's sparse output over the past couple of years, their public statements about wanting to have a good launch lineup, and rumors talking about their first year output, I get the feeling that the NX launch will be a lot more stacked than the PS4 and X1 launches were.
I see it as a possibility but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up with a similar lineup.

gafneo

Banned
"Dear Retailers"

LMAO
Dear all of you dudes and dudetts, to whom this may concern. I am pleased to inform you that we are about to drop the bomb bitches. We gots the NX up in here. Makes sure you don't put that thang out befor novembers yo. Don't want no one steeling dat shiz. Psp, word to yo momma

Hahaha that letter reads exactly as if it was written by a teenage boy. It's like he was doing an example of "writing to inform" for his GCSE English exam.

ggx2ac

Pretty good letter. Hope it's real.

CtmPlOIUAAEDrvb.jpg

I'll do my own interpretation of how informal this letter sounds by raising red flags rather than suggesting what Nintendo would actually write since I wouldn't know.

"Dear Retailers": Oh boy...

"We are glad to inform everyone": This sounds very informal, I didn't know Nintendo was waiting so badly like the rest of us that we're waiting for a reveal. lol

"Codenamed (for as of now)": Oh... They're changing the codename? lol

"You will be allowed to... as soon as your store begins operating.": Besides the poor sentence structure and wording. Stores usually set up promotional displays on the night before during closing hours. Unless shifts start before opening, they would set up promotional stuff before operating hours, not during it.

Oh wow, I lost interest at the second paragraph.

And then there's no signature of whoever sent this out which is another red flag. Unless it was apparently given to someone to leak out and hide the identity of the person who wrote the letter but, that is the least concerning aspect when looking at this letter. lol

fossi8

This is nuts, no real news, fakes everywhere, Nintendo being very quiet but the good thing is all the community reunited here with the same hope you don't buy that with money.. Thank you friends.

#TeamOct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom