• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Nintendo Switch has been revealed, what games do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubenhimer

After a year and a half rumors, speculation, and hopes. The Nintendo NX, or shall it now be known as the Nintendo Switch, has finally been revealed. While there's still a lot we don't know about it yet, the 3 minute trailer showed us just about everything we need to know about the Switch's main gimmick. Now that the secret's out and the console is unveiled. Let's talk about the games.

Specifically what kinds of games do you personally want to see on it, that take advantage of the Switch's features, types of experiences it can create, and what games you want to see from Nintendo on it? For one thing, I think this can be a great home for a lot of tablet games, as well as another platform for Nintendo to port their mobile software to in case they choose to do so. I also can see this being a great home for sports games and party games, since you can take essentialy, a home-based experience with you. One thing I hope Nintendo doesn't do, is try and force games into the arbitrary "casual" or "core" categories, or become lopsided towards one or the other. Just make games, for people who like games. Who cares if the game is casual, hardcore, or whatever. If it's fun, people will take notice.

As for franchises I want to see well...

* Advance Wars
* Valkyria Chronicles
* Overwatch
* Saints Row
* Darksiders
* TWEWY
* Kingdom Hearts
* F-Zero
* Fire Emblem
* Kid Icarus
* Sin & Punishment
* Rhythm Heaven
* WarioWare
* New IPs of any kind
* And all the deluge of indie games.

... Just to name a few.

AmyS

Daytona USA 2 by M2 / Sega.

TWM1nLc.jpg

Metroid
Monster Hunter
Fire Emblem
Advance Wars
Rhythm Heaven
F-Zero
Sonic Mania

More than anything though, I'm excited for new Nintendo IP.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
ANIMAL.

FREAKING.

CROSSING.

HD.

With like 1000 species of fish and bugs.

I'd love to see the JRPG market shift from Vita to Switch rather than to PS4.

Persona 5 on the Switch would be great - I love having P4G on the go.

- Monster Hunter V
- From Software x Zelda (a story told in that world but not necessarily involving Link)
- Pokémon Red/Blue with some MMO like features
- Animal Crossing
- Shin Megami Tensei VI

Aldric

Since she got everything right this time, l'm interested in the new ip Rogers mentioned. Apparently a Splatoon-like experience in a genre Nintendo don't have in their catalog.

Other than that, l'd like a good Metroid game, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Kid Icarus: Uprising HD.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Nintendo has been testing the waters with multiplayer Zelda for 10+ years.

But could you imagine a AAA Four Swords Adventure?

latest

Switch was made for such a co-op game.

Smash Bros NX
Pikmin 4
A new 2D Metroid in the vein of Super Metroid
A new Metroid Prime in the vein of the first game
A new Donkey Kong Country game
Kid Icarus Uprising sequel or port

Shame the Switch has abandoned all forms of motion controls it seems, would of been great for Uprising.

abbyabs

Luigi's Mansion 3
Metriod
FX Zero
Star fox
Mario Golf
Mario football
Captain Toad Treasure tracker 2
Donkey kong
Diddy kong racing 2

kunonabi

As long as the usual 3DS and Vita suspects show up I'll be happy. It would be nice to see Nintendo give Metroid another shot assuming it isn't another FPS. I'd be totally down for Wave Race as well.

Electret

Whatever that Mario game is that they showed.

I'm in love with its art style, which seems to hark back to SM64.

SoulUnison

Banned
I thought I wanted Metroid Prime 4, but the Switch doesn't seem to have any Wiimote support, and the IR Pointer controls absolutely revolutionized the Trilogy version.

I couldn't go back to the Prime 1 and 2 style gamepad lock-on controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom