• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Nintendo Switch has been revealed, what games do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikami

Assuming it's actually region-free.. Taiko no Tatsujin! (with the actual drums)

Bandai Namco is already on board and they released one for Wii U so one for the Switch has to happen surely.
UEsb0YD.jpg

Besides Nintendo games, here's what I'd like to see that I don't think is completely unreasonable:

From Software

Dark Souls 1, 2, & 3: Either all in a pack together, or individual. I just want em on the console.

3D Game Dot Heroes: I know it's a bit of a stretch, but I'd like to see it. It's Zelda-like enough that I think they could find an audience on a Nintendo console with it.

Whatever new project(s) they're working on. IDC but I want From Software games!

Square-Enix

Dragon Quest Builders

Indie support

2D sprite-based indie games should not be too much to ask for. I'd love to see Undertale and Downwell specifically, but I love the indie scene and am hoping Nintendo backs them and makes it easy to develop games on their system.

Red Devil

I dunno, Smash 4 is still pretty new and Sakurai needs a break. I'd say port it and add a few characters and give Sakurai a long deserved break.

I guess you might as well wait a few years for a new Smash. I don't get the point of asking for ports of games that aren't even 3 or 4 years old, it's basically fueling terrible practices.

hiro_x

EVERYTHING!

But seriously, I'm already sold with mario kart and nba 2k in that video.

Advance wars in HD would really make me buy it day 1.

Won't buy until Dragon Quest XI is on it and released. Perfect marriage between sit and play on TV and on the go for me of dragon quest.

My dream game would be for gamefreak to make a full Pokemon game for Nintendo Switch. (will keep dreaming because it's probably never happening.

gogojira

That Mario thing, Zelda, that Splatoon thing, whatever Retro is cooking and a new, proper Metroid (maybe that is the Retro thing).

GTA V Port
Pokemon Sun / Moon / "Eclipse"?
Splatoon 2
Rocket League
Fire Emblem
Battlefield / Call of Duty / Battlefront / Titanfall / Destiny (any of the five would be amazing to see on a portable)

schaft0620

Super Mario 64s
New Earth Worm Jim
Pokemon open world RPG
Wave Race
Wind Waker HD port
Twilight Princess HD port
New Punch Out
RPG shooter with WLAN support
A non zombie horror game
Indies indies indies
New Clayfighter
the Division style game with dynamic multiplayer like they showed at E3

Sega pulling their shit together

I just want decent 3rd Party support.
Give me the Assassin's Creeds, the Call of Dutys, the EA Sports games, the Skyrims and the Hearthstones.
Give me the Dragon Quests, the Minecrafts, and the Street Fighters.

Switch can do Skyrim HD so it must have at least a decent amount of power already. It this thing sells like hotcakes (and it most probably will) then maybe we will actually see awesome support for it. And not the kind of support the Wii had, but actual 3rd Party support that Nintendo so desperately needs.

Okay, I guess I don't want "decent" 3rd Party support, but more of the unrealistic kind.
A man can dream though. A man can dream.

I'm probably the only person who'll say this, but I wouldn't mind a new F-Zero or Metroid. I'd also like to see new iterations of classic Nintendo franchises, and some major 3rd party games too. Again, just my opinion.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Animal Crossing is one title not announced that I'm really looking forward too. Its disappointing the Wii U never got a proper game in the series.

Nesther

The trailer ticked off a few, the ones I'd love to see are the other obvious ones:

-Animal Crossing
-Monster Hunter
-Pokemon mainline

Being able to play these on the big screen and on the go would be bliss.

sora87

I need a full on Animal Crossing game.

I'd appreciate lots of JRPGs too, Nintendo's last few home consoles have been pretty dry when it comes to them but their handhelds are packed with them so here's hoping with it being one ecosystem we can get lots of the best genre.

The trailer ticked off a few, the ones I'd love to see are the other obvious ones:

-Animal Crossing
-Monster Hunter
-Pokemon mainline

Being able to play these on the big screen and on the go would be bliss.
Doesn't Nintendo still have some kind of contract with Capcom regarding mainline Monster Hunter titles?

CSX

Just like my 3ds and WIi U, a Fire Emblem title is what I want and what will drive me to buy a Switch.

Sponge

Banned
I guess you might as well wait a few years for a new Smash. I don't get the point of asking for ports of games that aren't even 3 or 4 years old, it's basically fueling terrible practices.

Just going with the flow. Looks like we're already getting enhanced versions of Mario Kart and Splatoon. Smash seems likely to me.

vern

Not sure why we had to wait for the reveal to know what games we want, these are the same games I wanted before the reveal.

Metroid Prime 4
Skies of Arcadia 2
FF Crystal Chronicles style game
Secret of Mana remake
Super Metroid remake
New Top down Zelda
Renegade Ops 2
Shovel Knight 2
New Advance Wars
New Battalion Wars

Oersted

Won't buy until Dragon Quest XI is on it and released. Perfect marriage between sit and play on TV and on the go for me of dragon quest.

My dream game would be for gamefreak to make a full Pokemon game for Nintendo Switch. (will keep dreaming because it's probably never happening.

The Pokemon Company CEO confirmed they are making games for Nintendo NX/Switch.

MCV reported that Gamefreak is developing a Pokemon title for Nintendo NX.

Read some news once in a while.

Not sure why we had to wait for the reveal to know what games we want, these are the same games I wanted before the reveal.

Metroid Prime 4
Skies of Arcadia 2
FF Crystal Chronicles style game
Secret of Mana remake
Super Metroid remake
New Top down Zelda
Renegade Ops 2
Shovel Knight 2
New Advance Wars
New Battalion Wars

My man!

GhostBed

Pikmin 4
Xenoblade 3
Battlefield 1 (will double dip)
Spla2oon
Smash bros
HD Pokemon
New IP

Seems like a reasonable list for now.

Gnilres

Metroid
Animal Crossing
Dark and gritty Zelda (beyond excited for BotW but I still want what TP could have been)
Paper Mario RPG (not happening =( )
Geist sequel
Battalion Wars with proper competitive online battles
Pokemon RPG in the vein of Colosseum and XD because as cheesy as those games were, I loved their atmosphere.

messiaen

Metroid
Pikmin
Luigi's Mansion
Pikmin
Wars
Animal Crossing
Pikmin
Captain Toad
Edit: Wonderful 101 sequel

I'd like to see Nintendo's take on rogue-like, as well.

Did I mention Pikmin?

Cerium

Super Smash Bros. HD Collection
Metroid Prime 4
F-Zero
Pokemon Eclipse
Fire Emblem

Monster Hunter 5
Bayonetta 3
Beyond Good and Evil 2

Persona 5
Kingdom Hearts III
Final Fantasy VII Remake

Overwatch with Samus as playable guest

Soul Calibur 6 with Link as playable guest

Golden Sun 4

Hiroyuki Sawano 2: The Game

Super Mario Bros.7 (or whatever number they're on) with good music. No more of the "New" crap please.

And the usual Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Splatoon, and such that are coming which means I'm probably gonna buy the system regardless of any unlikely dream games happening.

ANIMAL CROSSING

Splatoon 2

[original IP that surprises us all like Splatoon did]

A decent SNES, GBA, DS, 3DS VC library

[Platinum game]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom