• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Nintendo Switch has been revealed, what games do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samikaze

At this point I'm ready to play anything, but hopefully built for co-op.

Can't wait to take this to work and starve all day because I used my lunch break to play games.

I adore Animal Crossing--all of the different versions. Since the GameCube version all I've wanted was to be able to play the same game I was playing on my TV on the go. I will get a Switch at launch, but Animal Crossing will be my first, real 'must have' game.

selo

Probably has been mentioned already but:

- Metroid
- Punchout
- F-zero
- Monster Hunter
- Phoenix Wright
- Danganronpa
- Zero Escape series
- Dragon Quest

Regiruler

Kid Icarus Uprising 2
Space Invaders Extreme 3
Jet Set Radio 3
F-Zero Superlative Subtitle
Sin & Punishment 3
The Wonderful 102
Code Name: D.R.E.A.M.
I dunno, isn't what people really appreciate about Metroid games the world and level design? I've never played a Platinum game that doesn't feel arcadey.
Is arcadey supposed to be a bad thing?

Given what they were trying to go for with Other M Platinum would probably work. I've seen some footage of it and the ideas are there.

Oh, that reminds me:
Federation Force 2

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Gimme dat gat dang Bayonetta 3!

ar4757

Are we still gonna get lower budget games on this thing? On 3ds devs could get by with not that pretty games because of the low resolution and the tiny screen. I'm worried devs will have to up the budget

There are some really great suggestions here that I agree with. First thing that comes to mind is I want the new Mario Kart to have a proper battle mode.

And F-Zero, it's time.

EulaCapra

Runbow
Mario Party
NintendoLand

Simply for the fact that if the Joy-Cons are cheap enough, you can get 8+ Players going. My god.

And literally any game supported would excite me for commuting purposes.

MAtgS

C80Uxg.gif

I will go out of my way to buy the Switch version of every multiplatform it gets.

DrD

New Games:
Pokemon RPG
Mario
Metroid
Bayonetta 3

Ports:
Bayonetta 2
NieR: Automata
Resident Evil 7
Pokemon Sun/Moon
Metal Gear Solid V
Souls games

I'd love to see a new entry in the Valkyria Chronicles franchise. Even though the portable titles were held back by the hardware, I feel like the series can do really well on the go when it has power of a full console.

Or a new Smash entirely.

I feel like for now it'd be better just to built on Smash 4. Sakurai just wrapped up DLC for Smash Wii U/3DS and we're not gonna see a fully original Smash game for years. By the time Smash 5 happens, I'll be nearing my 30s.

I don't want to wait that long to get the Ice Climbers back.

Ive been seriously upset at my lack of ability to play monster hunter 4 ultimate or generations due to the 3ds being too small for my hands.

So i eagerly anticipate a switch monster hunter.

Delio

Lot of the games I want I expect to happen anyways but.

SMT/Megaten in general
MH5
Pokemon
Animal Crossing
More Style Savvy!

Peléo

-Super Smash Bros Melee HD
-Murasame Misterious Castle
-Megaman 3D
-Earthbound 4
-F-Zero Online
-Star Tropics & Kid Icarus
-Nintendo X Capcom
-Super Smash Bros 5
-Pokemom
-Star Fox Online
-Splatoon

Kinsei

Banned
Off the top of my head.

First Party
F-Zero
A new Mario Kart a few years down the line
A new Mario Party like the classic games (with online multiplayer)
Pokemon RPG similar to Coliseum/XD
A main Pokemon game
Pikmin 4
Diddy Kong Racing 2
Eternal Darkness 2
Hyrule Warriors 2
A bunch of new IPs!

Third Party
Doom
Resident Evil 7
Monster Hunter 5
Any Playtonic games
Mass Effect Trilogy
Shin Megami Tensei 5
A new Final Fantasy Tactics
Beyond Good & Evil 2
A full remake of Rayman 2

georly

I mean, they showed the two games I want the most: New zelda and new 3D mario. I'm not a splatoon fan, but I'm glad that's there.

As for the rest? In order,

Monster hunter 5 (all new, new assets, new mechanic)
Smash for Switch (with ice climbers and more)
Isometric Zelda
Pikmin 4
Animal crossing (proper followup to new leaf)

And the rest is just gravy.

Tekken 7

I play Tekken 6 psp on my Vita every day now. Its amazing. Performs flawlessly for a PS3/360 game squeezed onto PSP.

Wii U got Tag 2 and the 3DS got 3D Prime Edition. With UE4's native mobile support and a much smaller power gap between Switch and PC/PS4/XB1, its a no brainer.

I would get a Switch version over the PS4/Xb1 versions as a nice portable practice companion to the PC version.

Pokken Tournament 2

Its coming. Question is when.

Steiner

Banned
Are we still gonna get lower budget games on this thing? On 3ds devs could get by with not that pretty games because of the low resolution and the tiny screen. I'm worried devs will have to up the budget
Honestly I am a little worried about this. Hopefully games Rhythm Heaven, WarioWare, and pocket card jockey still see the light of day. And how about some next gen picross?!

Monster hunter 5 (all new, new assets, new mechanic)

Important points. They cant stay with the old engine that theyve been so desperately clinging onto since they released the fucking game back in 2005.

Ideally though id like to see an expansion onthe town system. The og ps2 mh had 8 people per town now its 4. Lets see more and make the game a bit more social pls.

Aldric

You know since this is just a fantasy thread, what about a Metroid game by From Software? l'd say this would be a far better fit than a Metroid done by Platinum.

OldMan

Banned
Nintendo mascots and Rockstar on a Nintendo console is long overdue.

And a Zelda game built from the ground up on the bloody system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom