• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Nintendo Switch has been revealed, what games do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be there on day one for the Switch if it happens.

monster_hunter_fakemonster__ruinferos___ryunfernos_by_realzeles-d5um0ow.png

FloatOn

Since I skipped Wii U I want remasters of all the great games on that console.

Give me dark souls trilogy to play on the go and I'll spend several hundred more hours in them.

I desperately want a proper 2d metroid but I realize this is s bit of a pipe dream.

Other than just give me another generation of 1st party hits and interesting indies.

Nintenleo

A portable Dark Souls would be the end of my life, but I want it anyway. Very curious about the future of Pokèmon. If Switch is very succesful I don't think there's gonna be a conventional 3DS successor.

Can't wait for Mario Mexico.

Jubenhimer

Shame the Switch has abandoned all forms of motion controls it seems, would of been great for Uprising.
I wouldn't be so sure. There may not be IR pointers, but Gamepad style gyros and sensors in the Joy-Cons are almost a guarantee. However I'd be disappointed if it doesn't, since it would honestly make Nintendo look outdated to the average consumer, who expects a motion sensor in their electronic devices these days.

Kid Icarus
Custom Robo
I want another Monolith game
A pokemon RPG
Another Hyrule warriors
A fire emblem warriors
More good Mario sport games
Atlus games

then for my dreams

Bring back
Billy Hatcher
Klonoa

Then a super dream
Megaman anything
Gunvolt anything

Ninferno

Xenoblade X-2, proper console Fire Emblem, proper 3D Mario (hopefully the one shown in the teaser is exactly that).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Give me all of the indie games like Axiom Verge or Hyper Light Drifter or Bloodstained.

Basically give me all of Nintendo's traditional titles along with all of the indies that went to the PS4 and Vita on a system that can be played on the go without having to worry about technical hurdles the Vita deals with.

Da-Kid

Monster Hunter 5G, Ultimate, Generations.
Kid Icarus: Uprising sequel.
Splatoon sequel
CoD: Infinite Warfare
Wonderful 101 sequel
Custom Robo reboot

I think games that will work best with the concept will be those with awesome cinematic moments but also grinding, so I can concentrate on the story at home then level up on the train, etc. Which is why I think Skyrim is a good fit, actually.

18-Volt

Definitely Final Fantasy XII Remastered. That game is long as hell and I can't see myself playing in front of TV screen as I don't have enough time for it.

EDarkness

I'd like to have Doom and a new Metroid with motion controls. Skyrim with motion controls as well. Hell, just FPS games with some form of IR or pointing aspect to them. I'll be down with versions of Switch games with that option.

Shame the Switch has abandoned all forms of motion controls it seems, would of been great for Uprising.

I'm pretty sure it has motion controls. That seemed implied in the video...especially with the Mario Kart segment. The only thing I'm worried about is whether it has a pointer or not, but we know now that IR isn't needed for the pointer to work. I can't imagine people wanting to play the next Pikmin without some form of pointer.

Clov

From Nintendo, Zelda and the new Mario are shoe-ins for me. Of course, I also really want to see an enhanced Smash Bros 4 port. Though this might be a while off still, I'm very excited to see what a Fire Emblem title on the system would be like. Lastly, a TMS sequel that builds on the original's strengths would be really exciting to see.

Speaking of Atlus, I'll take any Megaten game that they put on it. If Spike Chunsoft decided to port Danganronpa v3 to it, then I'd probably pick up that version over the PS4 and Vita ones. Finally, I really hope that Playtonic releases a port of Yooka-Laylee for it. I'd love to take that game everywhere.

MomoQca

Xenoblade III (direct sequel to XCX with a strong story. I'm also okay with an entirely different universe and cast)
Super Mario (in the same vein as 64 & Sunshine)
Zelda (other than BotW obviously)
Splatoon (more ambitious single-player experience)
3D Donkey Kong collect-a-thon
Metroid
Pokemon (generation 8 with the ability to move the camera in the overworld)
A few new ambitious IPs

MoonFrog

Metroid, with classic Super Metroid, Metroid Prime gameflow. I'll take 3D or 2D, first person or third person, just please give me a classic style Metroid game.

Fire Emblem, with a artistic, world building, character, and story reset to pre-Awakening. Competitive with Jugdral and Tellius games in this regard.

Monolith Soft game that has an interesting turn-based system, strong story/characters. Step back from Xenoblade to something more like Xenogears.

BotW

Mario NX

DQXI

Persona 5 Portable down the line and Persona 6 multiplatfom at launch.

Generally, continuation of 3DS support.

DMONKUMA

Monster Hunter HD
Pokémon HD
Mario Maker 2 or port
Armored core 6/or some type of mecha-action game
Any of the three projects that FromSoft is currently working on
Smash Switch
Pokken 2
All future Platinum games that aren't exclusive(Nier,Granblue)
Kingdom Hearts 3
DMC 5
Metroid

I'll for sure buy an NX on day if at least 3 game on this list(not the first party games I mention) are coming to the system.

But I might just get it for Armored Core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom