• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 4.50 add Boost Mode for PS4 Pro.

ksdixon

any word on if the media player will play files from usb external hardrives now? before now it would read usb sticks but not usb hardrives

TalonJH

Well, I've found my first game that crashes back to the homescreen when boost mode is on. Cannot get Soma to work! Can anyone else try this to verify?

Good to know though. Thanks for testing it.

any word on if the media player will play files from usb external hardrives now? before now it would read usb sticks but not usb hardrives

It can already, the drive just needs to be formatted with no extra partitions and files need to be in the appropriate folder.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Need more bloodborne impressions!

This is incredible looking at some of the results. It's almost too good to be true. Watch next week people will be reporting their Pros have started to catch fire. lol.

Gaminar

Banned
Hey guys,

Just wanted to confirm that I'm stoked.

BB is running consistent, I don't think I ever noticed any bad FPS in the game before. But going through old Yarnham it looks like it's locked 30 FPS. I HOPE IT'S NOT FUCKING PLACEBO. I haven't played it for a year.

Besides that so is AC Unity capped at 30fps... it's gorgeous (has anyone updated yet)? And Just Cause 3 seems noticeably smoother. I'm going to see if it works wonders on Skyrim SE.

Congrats Sony! You did it.

I just want a 1080P SuperSampling Universal to all games now. This machine is superb!

I just started UC4 by accident, and the PS4 popped up a notification saying that the application changed the resolution of the screen. Is that new?

Would love to see Rainbow 6 Siege Terrorist Hunt Mode with the unlocked framerate

I just played around in it for a fair bit and the actual framerate was in the 70's for when I was in the midst of a firefight.

Jonboy

Load times in Destiny seem improved...numbers coming.

Ok so here we go...

I started the stopwatch from the time I pressed the button and waited until my character was in the game world (so the little countdown after you elect to go to a location is included). Leaving the planets I waited to start the stopwatch until the circular button countdown finished. And for clarification, this is not on a stock PS4 Pro hard drive. I have a Seagate hybrid installed.

Orbit to the Tower
Boost- 56.65 (tested twice)
No boost- 1:10.12

To orbit from tower
Boost- 10.53
No boost- 16 sec

Orbit to iron temple
Boost- 50.77
No boost- 1:11.44

Iron temple to orbit
Boost- 9.72
No boost- 10.98

Orbit to Mars
Boost- 39.02
No boost- 38.22

Mars to Orbit
Boost- 9.81
No boost- 10.56

Orbit to WotM
Boost- 37.82
No boost- 39.61

To summarize, fairly significant improvements going to and from the social spaces like the tower and the iron temple.

There may be very tiny improvements going to and from planets/missions, but that would require more testing.

zewone

Ok so here we go...

I started the stopwatch from the time I pressed the button and waited until my character was in the game world (so the little countdown after you elect to go to a location is included). Leaving the planets I waited to start the stopwatch until the circular button countdown finished. And for clarification, this is not on a stock PS4 Pro hard drive. I have a Seagate hybrid installed.

Orbit to the Tower
No boost- 1:10.12 sec

To orbit from tower
Boost- 10.53
No boost- 16 sec

Orbit to iron temple
Boost- 50.77

Iron temple to orbit
Boost- 9.72
No boost- 10.98

Orbit to Mars
Boost- 39.02
No boost- 38.22

Mars to Orbit
Boost- 9.81
No boost- 10.56

Orbit to WoM
Boost- 37.82
No boost- 39.61

To summarize, fairly significant improvements going to and from the social spaces like the tower and the iron temple.

There may be a very tiny improvements going to and from planets/missions, but that would require more testing.

Thanks for taking the time.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Ok so here we go...

Orbit to the Tower
No boost- 1:10.12

To orbit from tower
Boost- 10.53
No boost- 16 sec

Orbit to iron temple
Boost- 50.77

Iron temple to orbit
Boost- 9.72
No boost- 10.98

Orbit to Mars
Boost- 39.02
No boost- 38.22

Mars to Orbit
Boost- 9.81
No boost- 10.56

Orbit to WoM
Boost- 37.82
No boost- 39.61

There may be a very tiny improvements going to and from planets/missions, but that would require more testing.

wellthereitisgoldbloomliplick.gif

Freeman76

Has anyone tried EDF? That at a smooth 60FPS would be damn good!

This is such great news, is there a date for this being released into the wild?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I have PS4Pro, signed up for Beta, no code yet...

Have almost the whole PS4 PS+ Library installed and ready to be tested

C'mon Sony, where's my code!

Just booted up Tales From The Borderlands for the first time, everything seems kind of smooth (aside from clunky animation). Not sure when I should be expecting major slowdowns, this is my first Telltale game.

This is bullshit, I don't wanna spend money on a pro.

RHHrnmj.jpg

Top Bottom