• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX coming to Switch

I don't think switch is going to get a port of the monster hunter PS4. Not at least for a while.

While switch gets xx, PS4 will get next open world monster hunter game. Will it be titled MH5? Not sure maybe it will be a spin-off title.

Switch port could come later of MHps4 just like dragon quest 11
Okay, I don't mind people "port begging", since, as a fan, I want EVERYBODY to get their hands on Monster Hunter... But what the fuck is this exclusivity taunting over a fictional game (as of right now)?

Also tbh nobody should be surprised about this and giving Capcom props, since it's literally the SAFEST, cheapest, and most obvious bet they can make on the Switch.

Scoops

Banned
For the OP:

oopL9eL.png

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/XX-Switch/?utm_source=tw&utm_campaign=sns&utm_medium=cpc

BigEmil

he IS the port begging lmao
god i hope this is a parody

Anyway, a blind man could've seen this coming, but I didn't expect them to announce it so soon. Maybe it'll be releasing sooner than I thought. Gonna be nice for me since I didn't touch any of the MHs on the arthritis inducer so it'll all be brand new, even if it looks like the monster designs have dropped off a cliff.
Damn lol. I remember this dude many more other threads doing the same thing all the time

-Horizon-

So what kinds of visual upgrades do you think they'll apply? (Hi-res textures, texture filtering, enhanced lighting/shadows, particle effects, 1080p docked/720p handheld, 60fps, AA, etc)
Have you seen 3 ultimate on Wii u? That's about as much effort I can see Capcom putting in this.

Why gross? The series has been stuck with ps2 visual for long enough. Tri HD was okay but again suffered from being a HD port of a game built for a tiny screen. Like fuck the text size, the weird loading between areas. Etc

At E3 Capcom will finally bring monster hunter to the modern era. On PS4 that is. And might finally increase the audience for the series in the west that is.

If they want to balance handheld and console versions, they need to adopt a style that will look good and upscale to HD well. A cell shaded MH game would look good in my books.

I don't think switch is going to get a port of the monster hunter PS4. Not at least for a while.

While switch gets xx, PS4 will get next open world monster hunter game. Will it be titled MH5? Not sure maybe it will be a spin-off title.

Switch port could come later of MHps4 just like dragon quest 11

There is no Monster Hunter PS4

SenkiDala

That's cool honestly! Couldn't play on PSP (no 2nd stick sucks), or on 3DS (same, even with the N3DS the C-stick is absolute crap), so this version should be good! And of course playing it handheld or on TV is apoealing.

Akainu

People need to get monster hunter (the ones that matter anyway) on anything other than nintendo out of their mind it ain't happening.

Shengar

Regardless of the platform, the MH 4chan rumour is stupid because it specifically mentioned how MH5 will be handled where the game will be extremely casualized to cater western audience. It's like the rumor is specifically engineered to bait rage from old MH players rather than speak something about the game. In their report, Capcom doesn't mention any shit about the gameplay hindering their sales. It was platform, and platform only.

I'm baffled that people still take such bait as a genuine rumour.

The very same rumor leaked the name of mhxx before annoucement.

Plus a few weeks later capcom commented how they want to expand the audience on the west and how small the handheld market is compared to japan.
The rumors also said that Switch will get traditional MH gameplay while PS4 will get an westernised game. Since DMC have its fans I guess this will be fine if both fanbase are covered.

Edit

Noted that MH PS4 discussion should be stop.

Monster Hunter is the godfather of all hunting games (well, the giant beast hunting ones, not the shotgun a deer genre), I haven't played Freedom Wars but I believe its from the same devs that made God Eater which is much more fast paced and loose than Monster Hunter.

Monster Hunter is much more about carefully watching patterns and timing your hits. It can feel sluggish at times compared to other action games but theres a real sense of weight and impact to it thats immensely satisfying.

Definitely recommend if you're a fan of the hunting concept. It delivers in spades.

Sounds cool, thank you for sharing!

I'm so on board with customization + online multiplayer in games recently, I feel like this will definitely hook me.

Gitaroo

How is the actual game itself though compare to the main line non extreme series? Irc the franchise has is declining that why capcom wanted the same success on broader audience right.

I sincerely hope they do some serious, and straightforward, work on the visuals as 3ds level visuals on a higher resolution screen and a home tv, will look rough as hell.

Better aa and af, clearer filtered shadows, clearer textures and reworked character and enemy models would be great. Not too costly or time consuming either. Hoping for 60fps but a locked 30fps would be cool.

Seems like you some of you guys missed Mike's post on the previous page.

Hey y'all.

1) Leave the "Monster Hunter for PS4" speculation out of this thread. Gets folks riled up.

2) Calm down.

3) We frown upon port-begging. Speculation about a completely different game isn't quite port-begging, but it is annoying, hence the first message.

4) You don't want gaming mods to go hard as hell on port-begging, especially in regards to the Switch. Relax. If you have a problem, point it towards a mod. Even if I don't handle gaming side, I can pass it to another mod who will.

Mentok

Banned
It had the worst first week opening of any MH game since Tri on Wii and it failed to meet their expectations of 2 million by 3/31

Ouch. Wonder why it missed the mark by so much. Was it more to do with people waiting for a potential Switch version, series fatigue, or if it's not a good version of the game?

Hey y'all.

1) Leave the "Monster Hunter for PS4" speculation out of this thread. Gets folks riled up.

2) Calm down.

3) We frown upon port-begging. Speculation about a completely different game isn't quite port-begging, but it is annoying, hence the first message.

4) You don't want gaming mods to go hard as hell on port-begging, especially in regards to the Switch. Relax. If you have a problem, point it towards a mod. Even if I don't handle gaming side, I can pass it to another mod who will.

SO GUYS? YOU DIDN'T READ THIS RIGHT HERE?

Dynheart

Banned
So what's the point you're trying to make? He never said PS4 owners don't port beg.

I think the point he is making is that the PS4 Monster Hunter port begging is being understated by saying "the Switch fans port beg, so there!" type of responses. Meanwhile, PS4 Monster Hunter port begging has been going on, aggressively so, for nearly a decade. It's in threads that have nothing to do with Monster Hunter, as one of the posters stated (media create threads).

Both are equally annoying, however. The difference here is one is a fanbase of a new console release, the other has been non-stop for damn near a decade.

Spy

People need to get monster hunter (the ones that matter anyway) on anything other than nintendo out of their mind it ain't happening.
Oh, really?

Capcom estimates PS4 will sell 100 million by the end of 2020, and 40-50 million for Xbox One. Knowing how big the home console market is in the West compared to Japan, the publisher is looking to expand its very popular Monster Hunter series beyond just handhelds.

That’s according to Esuteru (via NeoGAF), reporting on a Q&A session in which Capcom chairman Kenzo Tsujimoto said that handhelds in the West represent around ten percent of the overall market, compared to Japan where they’re dominant.

On the same note, Tsujimoto revealed that sales of Monster Hunter 4 G were less in the West than they were in Japan. Because of this, the company wants to grow Monster Hunter overseas. Though the chairman didn’t outright confirm a home console release of Monster Hunter is in the works, he strongly suggested it’s the only way to go to get more people to care about it.

During the session, Tsujimoto said Capcom is among a few Japanese publishers with a heavy focus on Western markets, and so it needs to create games that appear to these consumers.

Monster Hunter games are made exclusively for handhelds, with the exception for Monster Hunter 3U, which came out on the Wii U in 2011.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/11/03/ca...-the-west-knows-handhelds-alone-arent-enough/

Wasn't that a result of mere coincidence?

I mean it is technically insider leak as the guy was working for Nintendo setting the booths up.

Didn't know that anyway people are going to believe whatever rumor they want, Like Eurogamer pretty much leak the switch to a T and we had a group of people believing what Super Metal Dave said because he leaked something once upon a time,

Okay, I don't mind people "port begging", since, as a fan, I want EVERYBODY to get their hands on Monster Hunter... But what the fuck is this exclusivity taunting over a fictional game (as of right now)?

Also tbh nobody should be surprised about this and giving Capcom props, since it's literally the SAFEST, cheapest, and most obvious bet they can make on the Switch.
Its people putting way too much stock in a 4chan post. Let them set themselves up, the fallout will be hilarious.

Surprise. Switch is a home console.

I knew this was coming, but I definitely expected it earlier. Will be very interesting to see how it performs. Maybe the excitement of MH on a new platform will help inject some decent sales out of this one.

Kyoufu

How is the actual game itself though compare to the main line non extreme series? Irc the franchise has is declining that why capcom wanted the same success on broader audience right.

MHX is my favourite. It's the fastest, most fun entry in the series IMO. My only gripe with the game is that it's on 3DS. I can't stand 3DS hardware for MH.

MHXX on Switch will be a lot better by default.

People have been derailing monster hunter threads with playstation anxiety since it moved to nintendo, way before the switch was a twinkle in miyamoto's eye.

and supposedly if the big hd "real" PS4 MH is really coming then why is it even being brought up here? y'all are about to get your meal so go sit down somewhere

Educate and drag them.

Will the terrain be high res? or will it look like it was ripped right from the 3ds's screen? When Monster Hunter came to the Wii U as 3U, the monsters and armor looked great, but the ground textures were complete garbage.

Top Bottom