• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
What's this Bullet Club stuff I keep seeing...?

(please don't be some garbage wrestling tie-in)
:googles:

Oh ffs.

What's this Bullet Club stuff I keep seeing...?

(please don't be some garbage wrestling tie-in)
:googles:

Oh ffs.

it's a tie-in that brings along "Rainmaker" King though...so I'll take it

giphy.gif

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
"So this story mode is pretty awesome"

¯_(ツ)_/¯ As usual it seems people have different ideas of what Tekken should be.

When they go online to fight early adopters later in the QL, it was kind of humorous how one person wrote in lobby chat while waiting to match "so the story mode was disappointing".

Seems it will be divisive. At the minimum, Jeff did argue that the narration framing device sucked, but many of the fight sequences within were spectacular.

I was indifferent to the Rainmaker alt for King as I'd never watched NJPW.

After having watched Wrestle Kingdom 11, now I want to learn King just for that alt.

cordy

Banned
Something about Jukebox Mode that's been questioned but finally answered. Apparently if you pick the same track for the standard and final round of a particular stage, it doesn't pause and plays continuous all the way through. Dope.
I am in practice mode now, oh my god this game is complex.

Just bought the rainmaker alt lol

Fuck yeah you did!!!

Style, coolness, it just racks em up!!!

If anyone here is concerned about the quality of the PC port, I can confirm that Tekken 7 on PC is perfect. I have concerns about the online portion of the game due to the player base, but IMO this is the best version of the game by far.

Here's a video if you are interested in hearing my impressions of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1p3NTwdzB4&feature=youtu.be

On a separate note: does anyone have any guides for this game? I'd love to learn how to play it but I can't find any useful tutorials online. I don't care if it's written or in video form, I just want to learn!

Menitta

Am I the only one playing Tag 2 in preparation for Friday?

I've never really gotten into Tekken and playing Tag 2 has made me a fucking believer. I was hesitant on preordering but now I cannot wait for 7.

ZeroX03

Banned
If anyone here is concerned about the quality of the PC port, I can confirm that Tekken 7 on PC is perfect. I have concerns about the online portion of the game due to the player base, but IMO this is the best version of the game by far.

Here's a video if you are interested in hearing my impressions of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1p3NTwdzB4&feature=youtu.be

On a separate note: does anyone have any guides for this game? I'd love to learn how to play it but I can't find any useful tutorials online. I don't care if it's written or in video form, I just want to learn!

Yep that's been my experience with the PC version. Still need to hear impressions on lower end rigs but it's butter on high end stuff. Looks so much better than base PS4 huh.

Am I the only one playing Tag 2 in preparation for Friday?

I've never really gotten into Tekken and playing Tag 2 has made me a fucking believer. I was hesitant on preordering but now I cannot wait for 7.

I hooked up my PS3 and played some games with a friend the other day. Really out of practice, but still love the game. Wish Julia and Armor King were in 7, but I plan on playing Kazumi so I'll live.

AAK

There are numerous guides online for doing specific things that you can google and such. And with the incoming release there's going to be a vast amount of tutorial videos coming out by various outlets.

Personally, learning how to strategize in Tekken is way more important on the road to getting better. You need to establish the reason for why you're doing certain things.

This video by Aris is the best introduction to that aspect. I think I link it every time someone asks for introduction to Tekken videos but it's worth repeating. Always start small, and then work your way up gradually. And I personally recommend not to overwhelm yourself by solely practicing against people with 1000's of hours of legacy experience/knowledge over you. Try your best to learn against people of similar skill levels.

Deps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP53AnUsjN0& video isn't really worth watching, but the description has all the tekken related resources you'd ever want. Most of the big Tekken channels are working on T7 tutorials right now, but you can use their TTT2 tutorials as most stuff applies to T7.

Unkle

Are online tournaments the only way to earn loot boxes?

Treasure mode's where you get those mostly. It's that standard ranking mode (Kyu, Dan, etc) but with some modifiers thrown in. You get boxes from winning matches in that.

jett

D-Member
How's netcode in this thing? Is it rollback? Saw some lag in the Giant Bomb quicklook and it looked pretty strange.

How's netcode in this thing? Is it rollback? Saw some lag in the Giant Bomb quicklook and it looked pretty strange.

Since TTT2 it has used a sort of custom hybrid of rollback and input delay, and it was quite good and fitting for a Tekken game.

T7 supposedly uses the a similar thing with some improvements.

Impressions have been very good so far.

jett

D-Member
Since TTT2 it has used a sort of custom hybrid of rollback and input delay, and it was quite good and fitting for a Tekken game.

T7 supposedly uses the a similar thing with some improvements.

Impressions have been very good so far.

Man I guess I'll have to brave it, wish there was a demo on PC. Input delay is the absolute pits for me.

Strakt

Man I guess I'll have to brave it, wish there was a demo on PC. Input delay is the absolute pits for me.

Just get it on steam; you have 2 hours to refund it if you dont like it or want to get it on ps4 afterwards.

That's what im gonna do

Top Bottom