• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

T.O.P

Banned
Yo what platform will you be on? Ready to be destroyed again by you :D

Going with PC!

But the last Tekken i played was 3 where the most complex thing i was able to do was comboing two of Law's somersault flip, i have ZERO knowledge on 3d fighters, gonna be fun starting from scratch tho

From IGN review

Does this mean that IJ 2 is better ?
It's saying that there's been some awesome fighting games released recently, and that Tekken 7 is not exactly being outclassed here. It's just as good as game as all those others.

That review really does seem like it was written by someone legitimately good at fighting games because they seem to be able to appreciate the gameplay rather than the amount of content the games have.

Momentary

Banned
Seeing how big this game is it would probably just be quicker to download the game the day of release instead of sitting there waiting for the game to decrypt on STEAM.

cordy

Banned
From IGN review

Does this mean that IJ 2 is better ?

Tekken's scored higher than Injustice 2 on the IGN review and that's before the online check. Once he checks that? If it all works out then yeah I mean that's it, it's already scoring higher. Judging online impressions I've been reading these past few days it's pretty damn good.

Either way...we got 2 great fighting games releasing a few weeks from each other. This feels like when OutKast and Jay dropped on the same day lol.

Tekken's scored higher than Injustice 2 on the IGN review and that's before the online check. Once he checks that? If it all works out then yeah I mean that's it, it's already scoring higher. Judging online impressions I've been reading these past few days it's pretty damn good.

Either way...we got 2 great fighting games releasing a few weeks from each other. This feels like when OutKast and Jay dropped on the same day lol.

I don't care about the online part anyway

Gren

Seeing how big this game is it would probably just be quicker to download the game the day of release instead of sitting there waiting for the game to decrypt on STEAM.

Honestly, that's how I've always felt about Steam preloads. But then again my download speed, while not amazing, is fairly decent.

derFeef

Going with PC!

But the last Tekken i played was 3 where the most complex thing i was able to do was comboing two of Law's somersault flip, i have ZERO knowledge on 3d fighters, gonna be fun starting from scratch tho

Nice. Im there if you want to play :) It's my first Tekken :D
I think we are friends on Steam?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
PSA: Steam preload's up (at least here in Europe).

Yeah, 58.7GB install/36.5GB download.

Edit: And it has a universal unlock time.
t1496354400z0.png

Seijuro

Already downloaded on PSN, the wait begins. I wonder how I should split my time between this and Injustice 2. Two fighting games at the same time can get a little confusing.

I guess you've acclimatized to the butterfly wings.

90% of the customization options are tacky as hell.

Well yeah, I've already gazed into the abyss of costume customizations. The UI vajazzling is a new level of hell. But on the plus side, at least I won't be forced to look at someone else's Ed Hardy health bars.

cordy

Banned
Big day today. I'm gonna sleep after I finish this GB Quick Look but then I've got work in the morning. Afterwards? I'm off of work for 11 days. I'm going to break into this game as much as I can during this PTO break. Can't wait.

Danielsan

Bums me the hell out that the store ordered it from never ships early. Guess I'll be waiting till Friday. Ooh well, I'll pick up Rev2 to today to tide me over.

Delpij

Hum, fwiw: The GB video is pretty meh imho.

Best (pre)review so far is IGN one. Score's a bit too high but I except it to be lower in the final review.

Fitts

Talking about sticks, tempted to grab this to play on PC W10

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00RZ7T8N6/

Any opinions?

I really don't care for the hayabusa. It's tough to describe, but it feels much less precise than the jlf to me. Also, QC could've improved but I bought one of the first sticks Hori made for PS4 and the build quality was super cheap compared to the Mad Catz sticks. (hollow feeling, cheap feeling/looking plastic)

Online team battle would've been great. But it's a shame the game doesn't even have it in offline...

At home we used to set teams of 8 random characters and see who would win with the improbable matchups of characters we don't usually play. Great fun and also great learning tool with friends.

Yup. A lot of fun with more then one friend over.

No idea why it's been taken out. I'd rather wait for a sale.

For those SF players looking to get into Tekken, I've made a video comparing the series to Tekken help break down Tekken for the newcomers Here it is.

Hopefully this would be a lot of help for those trying to learn the game this go around or for those who aren't but are curious about the deeper mechanics in both games outside of "One's 2D and One's 3D"

Talking about sticks, tempted to grab this to play on PC W10

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00RZ7T8N6/

Any opinions?

Go for it, it's a solid big stick that is good for pretty much all fighting games as it has 8 buttons in a Vewlix style. But do keep in mind that it has Hori's own ball-top Hayabusa joystick and buttons, if you are used to using Sanwa or Seimitsu.

I prefer a smaller base myself with 6 buttons, so mine is built from a 1996 Namco stick.

rgg_stick2.jpg

Top Bottom