• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bully 2: Kevin's Back Jack appears on Game Informer's website [bitch ass fake]

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Back in like.. god 2012? I remember an interview with the composer got out where he said he was working on a soundtrack for the sequel.

Given the long ass development times of R* games. I could see it. I want it to be real.

Back in like.. god 2012? I remember an interview with the composer got out where he said he was working on a soundtrack for the sequel.

Given the long ass development times of R* games. I could see it. I want it to be real.

Think it was longer than 2012. Around 2009-2010 even?

I think it's real. Not PS exclusive (don't understand why). Subtitle sucks. If it's real I hope it's dropped.

Why make the page otherwise?

If real and exclusive to PS4 that would be beyond shitty and a move I really can't understand at all and very very doubtful too. If I don't want any studio to make exclusives for one console it's Rockstar. Please let their games release on both. And on PC of course.

Also on Reddit they are saying it says PS4 because it's on the PS4 page. But I checked Battlefront 2 for example and there it shows me all the platforms.

That being said, very odd that this landed on GI.

heathen

Wouldn't be surprised if this is GI's cover for this month (normally they've released by now, so they're likely featuring something new). If so they really fucked up, as I don't recall them having a big reveal in years and this isn't going to help them get more.

Why is this thread still open

I'm kind of more confused by the thread title change. I know some mods have an itchy trigger finger for thread title lulz, but 1) it isn't "fake", it was an error. 2) Without further explanation, GI's excuse seems pretty weird.

Like, why the fuck haven't they expanded on this? Just, "it was in error." Uhh, the fuck do you mean? How did that accidentally happen? They're probably telling the truth, and there's nothing. But, it's easy to let your imagination run wild and think they are just covering the tracks of their error without expanding on their Twitter post.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm kind of more confused by the thread title change. I know some mods have an itchy trigger finger for thread title lulz, but 1) it isn't "fake", it was an error. 2) Without further explanation, GI's excuse seems pretty weird.

Yes it's true that if you refuse to believe their explanation that it was a fake listing that got added to their system, the title would be confusing and so would their explanation :p

CronoShot

I would say fake considering RDR2, and knowing how Rockstar announces games on a slow burn (and seriously, "Fall" implies THIS fall, which sounds ludicrous).

But if it is fake, why on earth was it posted? Especially with such a specific title? Maybe it's a cheaper than normal sequel made by a separate team?

Yes it's true that if you refuse to believe their explanation that it was a fake listing that got added to their system, the title would be confusing and so would their explanation :p

Wait, did I miss them explaining things further than the tweet, which just says it was made in error? That's all I've seen. What's this about a fake listing?

EDIT: I just skimmed this thread and their twitter and don't see anything about a fake listing. What am I missing?

Take it with a grain of salt, but look at Rockstar's merch right now.
https://www.rockstarwarehouse.com/s...2ReleaseDate descending,displayName ascending
All bully stuff at the top, under new arrivals.
2c017b7150.png

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Like, why the fuck haven't they expanded on this? Just, "it was in error." Uhh, the fuck do you mean? How did that accidentally happen?

One simple explanation is that they were teaching a new employee how to update their game database ahead of e3. I can see them having a bit of fun with it and telling the new employee to make up a dream game.

Imagine a Bully 2 but set in a public high school, modern day U.S. city, RDR2-quality visuals, but highly-stylized character design akin to the 3D Gorillaz short films.

MY DREAM TAKE

Ashodin

merch from Bully at the top of new rockstar stuff... yeah I'm smelling smoke.

GameInformer likely were gonna get fucked by Rockstar/Take Two because of their NDA or agreement over coverage.

Which rockstar team would even be making this game. San Diego is working on red dead, and north is working on GTA probably. Wonder what rockstar Toronto is up to.

Adrian121

Oh my god my heart. Bully 2 is one of my dream games that I have wanted for YEARS. I put so many hours into the original.

Please be happening!

Wonder which stage it will be on Microsoft or Sony? I lean Sony only because of them having the marketing rights to Red Dead but I could see Microsoft making a push to get a Rockstar game on their stage.

qko

The iPad Pro case is the real kicker for me. Why would R* make an accessory of such an old game for a new product like that. This sounds very real to me.

Imagine a Bully 2 but set in a public high school, modern day U.S. city, RDR2-quality visuals, but highly-stylized character design akin to the 3D Gorillaz short films.

MY DREAM TAKE

I guess we are the only ones capable of disappointing ourselves with amazing ideas that may never happen

The iPad Pro case is the real kicker for me. Why would R* make an accessory of such an old game for a new product like that. This sounds very real to me.

The 9.7 in. Pro is discontinued now so it's not that new but it is kinda weird that the thing even exists. I don't see any cases for Max Payne or LA Noire.

Seeing that Bully merch is driving me crazy. I want all of those T-Shirts. Rockstar might as well have direct access to my bank account at this point, I'm addicted.

Top Bottom