• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first public E3 looks like absolute INSANITY

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Video of line: https://twitter.com/apadamson/status/874695469921746945

Looks like a mile or two long. o_O

CqdWe1O.png

Q9XuX3l.png

(caps by Death Metalist)

I'm media, and I showed up half an hour earlier than my department director did last year. We are roughly 7-10 times further back in line around the corner. It curves around the back.

Security said there was no media line.

Appointment at noon.

Fuck this.

Tom Philips said:
The answer to 'is E3 busier with loads of public' is a resounding yes. Line stretches out to the street and curves back pic.twitter.com/FNgpDeo81O
DCOKFyMXcAAVyBm.jpg:large

@JosiahDLeRoy said:
Beautiful. #E3
DCON5cLUMAAEpuC.jpg:large

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
They opened it to the public but kept the same amount of booths?

Fire whichever genius planned that.

Considering a ton of journalists last year were going "I can't believe how empty the floor is this year," I'm not surprised.

Bsigg12

I walked in. Saw Dan from Giantbomb making a video of this, said hi and walked out to go get food lol

It's a fucking mad house

Plum

This is going to backfire so hard. Journalists are gonna be pissed and the public will barely get what they came for. The shot of Nintendo's Mario booth right now in the Treehouse is just insane.

FHIZ

The question has always been is there going to be sufficient shit for the public to do. Really looking forward to post E3 podcasts for the stories.

McDougles

I'm media, and I showed up half an hour earlier than my department director did last year. We are roughly 7-10 times further back in line around the corner. It curves around the back.

Appointment at noon.

Fuck this.

paulogy

The irony of this is if anyone curses out the fans (whose patronage drives this entire industry)

The real issue is whoever failed to manage these logistics

That is why journalists make appointments with the publishers to check the games, Joe.

Just seems a bit more difficult to get there in time if the crowds are that big.

Appointment at noon.

Fuck this.
Edit: OK, just saw this post. That sounds like very bad planning from the expo.

jwk94

Appointment at noon.

Fuck this.
Man that's dumb.

Top Bottom