• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first public E3 looks like absolute INSANITY

The question has always been is there going to be sufficient shit for the public to do. Really looking forward to post E3 podcasts for the stories.
I figured the panels in their 'E3 Colosseum' was their solution to thin out the crowd on the show floor, but that's apparently already full-up.

This is looking like a huge disaster. What are the odds people at the back of that crowd even play a single demo on the first day?

AHA-Lambda

yeah this was always going to be a disaster, but to keep the booths the same and make no allowances for press? Idiotic.

I await twitter and the various upcoming podcasts/videos from press to explode on this topic soon enough.

As someone who has gone to SDCC for the last 15+ years, it's crowds like these that sapped the fun out of it. I expect a bad time will be had by all.

Devs: Might not be fully prepared to manage/guide these infinite lines
Journos: Infinitely more hectic, tougher to get hands on or get attention of devs, harder to get from appointment to appointment
Fans: lines lasting 3+ hours to play 10 minutes of a game

Shaanyboi

Banned
I feel really fucking bad for anyone who has to actually work at this show, whether covering it or dealing with the insane amount of attendees.

jett

D-Member
giphy.gif

If there are no press days why are there journalists like Jason Schreier going around saying "I played 30 minutes of Odyssey - here's an in depth article about it" before the floor even opened? Maybe some press aren't important enough to get in early? IDK.

McDougles

Just confirmed from someone who scouted the doors. Security yelling "There's no special line for media. There's no special line for industry."

Bsigg12

If there are no press days why are there journalists like Jason Schreier going around saying "I played 30 minutes of Odyssey - here's an in depth article about it" before the floor even opened? Maybe some press aren't important enough to get in early? IDK.

They opened the floor this morning for like 3 hours or something? I think that was select outlets though.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

They likely played it at Judges Week and can only now talk about it, or saw it before E3.

Just confirmed from someone who scouted the doors. Security yelling "There's no special line for media. There's no special line for industry."
wowwwwwww.

Ehm, what? Are they expecting the guys who paid hundreds of dollars for a business pass to wait in line for hours?

Welcome to gamescom. Only...multiply this by 30.
Gamescom is a lot bigger venue though. Still too busy and a nightmare to get around the public area.

FHIZ

I figured the panels in their 'E3 Colosseum' was their solution to thin out the crowd on the show floor, but that's apparently already full-up.

This is looking like a huge disaster. What are the odds people at the back of that crowd even play a single demo on the first day?
On top of that thing being full, if we assume a lot of people have the naive perception of what a fan may think E3 was and is, the last thing I would want to do is go to panels. LET ME AT THOSE UNRELEASED GAMES!

But yeah... that's not the case at all.

gconsole

Can't really see the point of game show like this in the age of internet. I mean for testing new machine or accesorries, sure. For testing a new game? Why don't just release it to the public straight away.

Depending on how big you are I am sure developers have pulled the press aside to a private area where they can play the games or they were shown it earlier this morning or over the last couple of days to them.

MrMephistoX

Shit I was just about to Lyft down there from work...I guess I'll provide live commentary on the madness. You would think that with a $900 ticket it would be less crowded? Then again people spend more on a week at Disneyworld so there's that.

Top Bottom