• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first public E3 looks like absolute INSANITY

jett

D-Member
8uHWPyX.gif

Those sure are a lot of ants.

I can't say I would ever want to experience that.

Fuck that. I feel bad for everyone involved. E3 was pretty packed in the past, what else did they expect?
I wonder what youtuber content will be like this time. The only person who will benefit is Crowbcat.

Pantz

Sorry, your Patreon paid E3 "work trip" won't help you here.

This is good. Go to E3 like every other hard working American.

jwk94

He didn't go to judges week. So clearly there's some kind of press thing at E3 - those who didn't get in just aren't important enough.
Some people got in early for rehearsals. My friend was there yesterday and early today to rehearse for a live show.

What?

Some companies have spent thousands of dollars to fly their people from the other side of the world to do their job there. The E3 organisation screwing that up like this is unacceptable.

Press get to make appointments right? I've been to pax and I've seen the press cut the line to play games.
I guess the bigger press sites get first dibs?

Monday X at least an hour after the show floor closes should be for the press

wait they didn't do a press only day

holy lollers even tiny shows like Tokyo Indie Fest does press days, what the hell were they thinking

Like I said when the announced they were going to sell tickets.
Its just like Gamescom and that is insanity hopefully a lot of the industry will push back and demand at least 1 biz day only.

Durock

If you go to E3 to play games, you're going for the wrong reason. Ironic, I know, and everyone who purchased their pass thinking they were going to be playing a lot of games will realize that soon enough.

Brofield

Kinda glad I didn't go this year then, fuck me.

Yeah, next year extend the whole thing. Your three days of conferences and media exclusives, and then two more days for public and no more bonus news. Big wigs can go home and keep a skeleton crew around so demo booths run smoothly.

Couldn't hurt having separate lines so people have an expection of what to wait for if they want to go to one booth in particular first thing in the morning.

Hell, bring those E3 demos to more fan conventions. I always go to FanExpo in Toronto as my own E3 experience without having to fly six hours, and it's always a shame when Nintendo does so little

Cardon

Well this is one of those rare times where I'm happy I'm not attending as press. Trying to navigate things before could occasionally be cumbersome if private appointments weren't arranged, but this seems like nightmare land to even get from point A to point B.

Yogg

And when the press can't cover every game they want because of hours of queue at every single booth, that's a good thing ?

hobozero

Shit I was just about to Lyft down there from work...I guess I'll provide live commentary on the madness. You would think that with a $900 ticket it would be less crowded? Then again people spend more on a week at Disneyworld so there's that.

$900? Wow, I hope the lines are thinned out a bit by the time you get there. You have a plan to beeline for a particular booth, or just going to look for the shortest lines?

Here's what it looks like happened: they sold 15,000 tickets to the public. Those 15,000 people showed up all on the first day at opening. I bet it will be far saner on Thursday.

If you go to E3 to play games, you're going for the wrong reason. Ironic, I know, and everyone who purchased their pass thinking they were going to be playing a lot of games will realize that soon enough.

What? Not quite sure I understand this. In this public setting, sure you're going to have trouble playing stuff, but as a trade show, E3 is a great way to play a ton of games.

Tagyhag

1. I feel pretty bad for people across the country and world that paid their own money for the tickets and the plane ride only to be met with that.

2. E3 organizers should have been much smarter. How do you not have a press-only day?

sinonobu

Banned
I always wanted to go to E3 and bought the tickets the day it came out.

I'm currently regretting wasting money on this shit show right now. They should of just kept this press only

Top Bottom