• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I in the forever friend zone?

Mediking

Nah, disagree completely - it's either there or it's not.

Persona A doesn't see Person B as romantic or sexual tension or chemistry.

Person B decides to get a better body and improve themselves.

Persona A starts to drool.

IT HAPPENS. It doesn't hafta happen in the beginning.

LOL Nah, how did you hold the L... in a way. Details, my boy, details.

!!!

I can't share. I was typing the story then realized how pathetic I sounded. I gotta change. Be more aggressive without sounding lame.
Pack your shit and go home, it's over man.
jk, maybe you'll find one, but it's definitely not the norm

Hmmm...

It's okay if their relationship is dead. Sometimes it takes a while to get out of things. I've had it work out for me at least.

Yeah.... but innocently flirting with a married woman and actually sleeping with a married woman are two very different things...

r1bLKYX.jpg

Nothing says respectable like if you're not gonna have sex with me I don't want to be around you

IMO It's usually due to a lack of any sexual tension or spark and/or the guy being outright boring. This is where some of that PUA advice actually has some value.

Nope

Mossybrew

Persona A doesn't see Person B as romantic or sexual tension or chemistry.

Person B decides to get a better body and improve themselves.

Persona A starts to drool.

IT HAPPENS. It doesn't hafta happen in the beginning.

This is cloud-cuckoo level wishing, juvenile simplistic thinking, and complete BS.

I'm actually getting frustrated that after the countless pages we've been discussing this shit we're all still saying "friend zone"

It's not a real thing. It doesn't exist. Stop fucking saying it.

Mossybrew

Improving yourself to make yourself more attractive and it working is an outlier now? LOL

Way to stretch the point beyond recognition, or maybe what I was saying wasn't clear - if you already know somebody and there is no spark/attraction, hitting the gym and losing a few pounds is almost never going to make any difference.

LionPride

Banned
Way to stretch the point beyond recognition, or maybe what I was saying wasn't clear - if you already know somebody and there is no spark/attraction, hitting the gym and losing a few pounds is almost never going to make any difference.

Shit deadass won't

Like if there ain't somethin before, no matter what ya do ain't gon be tryna get with you

If she's not physically attracted to you, but you improve your physical attraction, she may become physically attracted to you afterward.

Mediking

I really disagree with this... a great body can work wonders...

Sianos

you can actually avoid the "friendly zone" by doing an out-of-bounds clips, then voiding out and respawning past the cutscene trigger

but if your angle is off you'll launch yourself past the death barrier and float in the void forever

riotous

Banned
I've witnessed both males and females improve their looks and suddenly have people interested in them that weren't before.

But high school was a long time ago for me.

Mossybrew

If she's not physically attracted to you, but you improve your physical attraction, she may become physically attracted to you afterward.

You really think a woman's attraction to a guy is some kind of equation where if you get physically fitter she will suddenly be into you just because of that? I really have nothing else to say to this kind of thinking.

ZOONAMI

Everyone doesn't have to have sex with each other, and we don't need to label someone negatively for having that opinion about someone else.

Mediking

I've witnessed both males and females improve their looks and suddenly have people interested in them that weren't before.

But high school was a long time ago for me.

Exactly! How is this so hard to think that stuff like this happens all the time? And it isn't even a vain thing all the time. Just work out and get a good body and improve yourself (in general) and people who might not have liked you before... might jump for you now.

You really think a woman's attraction to a guy is some kind of equation where if you get physically fitter she will suddenly be into you just because of that? I really have nothing else to say to this kind of thinking.

I believe improving your physical attraction and overall presentation increases the number of people who are physically attracted to you. That number could include people who weren't attracted to you before.

LionPride

Banned
Exactly! How is this so hard to think that stuff like this happens all the time? And it isn't even a vain thing all the time. Just work out and get a good body and improve yourself (in general) and people who might not have liked you before... might jump for you now.

There's a bit of a difference between a natural ass glow up that happens in HS and shit happenin later in life

And plus, the person who wasn't attracted to me when I was a fuckin uggo...why imma try to fuck with em now I'm cute?

Mossybrew

And plus, the person who wasn't attracted to me when I was a fuckin uggo...why imma try to fuck with em now I'm cute?

Hah, seriously, this is such a shallow take on human attraction. This chick wouldn't give me the time of day before, but now that I'm swole she's interested - wow what a catch! True Love gents.

Mediking

I believe improving your physical attraction and overall presentation increases the number of people who are physically attracted to you. That number could include people who weren't attracted to you before.

^

There's a bit of a difference between a natural ass glow up that happens in HS and shit happenin later in life

LOL don't get me wrong. If you liked someone, they ignored you, you got hot and better, and now they want you... it's really up to you on how to handle it.

HotHamBoy

No, see, this guy is just an asshole. The definition of "friendzone" is not "friends."

She wants to be his friend and he is like IT'S ALL OR NOTHING.

Why can't he just say "i like you as a person so yeah, let's be friends" and just stop being so fixated on this one person. Accept it and move on. Why throw away the opportunity for a friendship?

It is beyond his capacity to see her any other way. She must love him romantically or she can fuck off (in his mind).

It's not the same as trying to be friends with your ex. And that even works out fine for some people.

I'm actually getting frustrated that after the countless pages we've been discussing this shit we're all still saying "friend zone"

It's not a real thing. It doesn't exist. Stop fucking saying it.

No man it's totally real, I know a guy who was there once. I TRUST him.

He said it was the worst thing to happen to him since the aliens probed him

let's just all agree to never touch each other ever again.

Not fair, some of us never got in on it ;[

I think this guy'd deserve a second chance at a date

LionPride

Banned
Hah, seriously, this is such a shallow take on human attraction. This chick wouldn't give me the time of day before, but now that I'm swole she's interested - wow what a catch! True Love gents.

Hell I ain't even talkin bout love, let's just talk about dating or hookin up

Bruh if you ain't like my ass and I was ugly, I get cute and shit, start feelin myself ya know, I ain't gon fuck with you in the future because you ain't fuck with me in the past

Top Bottom