• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I in the forever friend zone?

you guys know we're all going to die alone right?

W7sjAZx.jpg

Oh, that's VERY true....

I remember a time where I got friendzoned because I was so oblivious to the fact that a woman liked me.

But I didn't think she liked me cuz she was married....

IMO It's usually due to a lack of any sexual tension or spark and/or the guy being outright boring. This is where some of that PUA advice actually has some value.

Christ. Delete facebook account, abandon all social media, leave appartment, go live in the woods, grow a beard, and start a new life in a small town where no one recognizes you. That's what I'd wanna do after this.

Notice how his profile picture even has her in it

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Oh, that's VERY true....

I remember a time where I got friendzoned because I was so oblivious to the fact that a woman liked me.

But I didn't think she liked me cuz she was married....

I don't get it, am I supposed empathize for your missed opportunity? I'm half joking here.

And yeah attraction comes and goes within reason it's not some static thing which is why the nature of a relatiosnhip can change quickly wihin the first few meetings.

Mediking

IMO It's usually due to a lack of any sexual tension or spark and/or the guy being outright boring. This is where some of that PUA advice actually has some value.

Mhmmm. Sexual tension and chemistry is incredibly important.

But... that stuff can still trigger later. It doesn't hafta happen at the beginning.

You can get to know someone and realize over time that you have chemistry and sexual tension.

It doesn't hafta be directly at the beginning.

But I hear ya.

But... that stuff can still trigger later. It doesn't hafta happen at the beginning.

You can get to know someone and realize over time that you have chemistry and sexual tension.

But I hear ya.

Oh it can, but people ain't got time to waste dating if there's no sexual tension or chemistry. The more they actually like the guy and are attracted to him, the more they may wait for it to happen.

Mediking

I don't get it, am I supposed empathize for your missed opportunity? I'm half joking here.

And yeah attraction comes and goes within reason it's not some static thing which is why the nature of a relatiosnhip can change quickly wihin the first few meetings.

Nah.... not...gonna... sleep....with...a married....woman....

Oh it can, but people ain't got time to waste dating if there's no sexual tension or chemistry. The more they actually like the guy and are attracted to him, the more they may wait for it to happen.

Man, I agree with ya completely.

Syder

Noooo, what kind of monster are you?!!!!!

Please MODS, don't listen to this guy. Thanks in advance :)
I mean, backfire threads are fine until they turn into misogynistic cesspools...

The frequency of threads like these are just not a very good look, in my opinion.

Fury451

Banned
A person can be initially attracted to you and interested in pursuing it further and still put you in the "friend zone".

Matter of fact, you can go on a date and get "friend zoned" afterwards. I've seen this happen a lot.

The latter does happen often, actually made some good friends that way. There has to be a different kind of chemistry for romance.

goldenpp72

Nothing she says makes sense if she actually wants to date you, i'd distance myself from her, not harshly, just seek other connections and maybe she'll come around, but don't count on it.

Man, I agree with ya completely.

Here's an example from college. My girlfriend brought her fine ass homegirl to my college campus over the weekend, and she hit it off with one of my friend's during the day. When it was time to go to sleep, she went to spend the night in his dorm room in those tiny ass beds with every intention to have sex with him. She gave him all the physical cues by purposely dressing in a small t-shirt and panties. Purposely laying sideways with her booty nestled in his crouch area.

I find out the next day when her, my girlfriend, and I go to breakfast that my friend didn't lay a hand on her. She told me dude backed himself up against the wall and slept like that. She completely lost interest in him and no longer saw him in any way sexual. Thought he was scary, soft, a "pussy", etc...

The reality was despite my friend liking her, he was sexually inexperienced and not very assertive or sexually confident and totally intimidated by this very attractive woman he just met that day is now sleeping over in just her t-shirt and panties and was at a total loss at what to do next.

My friends clowned him for years after that, especially everytime they saw my girlfriend's home girl and how fine she was.

The latter does happen often, actually made some good friends that way. There has to be a different kind of chemistry for romance.

That can be fixed though if you want to increase your success rates of that not happening. The hardest part is having a person already attracted and interested in pursuing it further.

Mediking

Here's an example from college. My girlfriend brought her fine ass homegirl to my college campus over the weekend, and she hit it off with one of my friend's during the day. When it was time to go to sleep, she went to spend the night in his dorm room in those tiny ass beds with every intention to have sex with him. She gave him all the physical cues by purposely dressing in a small t-shirt and panties. Purposely laying sideways with her booty nestled in his crouch area.

I find out the next day when her, my girlfriend, and I go to breakfast that my friend didn't lay a hand on her. She told me dude backed himself up against the wall and slept like that. She completely lost interest in him and no longer saw him in any way sexual. Thought he was scary, soft, a "pussy", etc...

The reality was despite my friend liking her, he was sexually inexperienced and not very assertive or sexually confident and totally intimidated by this very attractive woman he just met that day is now sleeping over in just her t-shirt and panties and was at a total loss at what to do next.

My friends clowned him for years after that, especially everytime they saw my girlfriend's home girl and how fine she was.

That can be fixed though if you want to increase your success rates of that not happening. The hardest part is having a person already attracted and interested in pursuing it further.

WOW. Thanks for sharing.

Your friend... man....

Hold on though. I thought some women liked soft guys. I don't mean super soft but a guy who isn't as alpha or as beta. It's hard to explain.... I'm trying to describe myself in a way....

I'm the OP. A small update guys: I'm helping her with her home situation. She moved into my apartment and I'm going to live with my parents for a while. She also recently got a boyfriend who she is "test" moving in with. If all goes well she will be mine after that.
This post is 10/10.

Anyway this thread makes me want to self-immolate myself out of shame and cringe from all these pics and they have nothing to do with me. Why did I click this thread?

WOW. Thanks for sharing.

Your friend... man....

Hold on though. I thought some women liked soft guys. I don't mean super soft but a guy who isn't as alpha or as beta. It's hard to explain.... I'm trying to describe myself in a way....

Some may, but in my experiences the vast majority prefer a man that's assertive and shows initiative and makes the first move especially when they've given you visual cues to do it.

Also I just remembered another one, you could kiss a girl bad at the end of a date, and get totally friend zoned afterward. LOL

Mossybrew

But I hear ya.

Nah, disagree completely - it's either there or it's not.

Mediking

Some may, but in my experiences the vast majority prefer a man that's assertive and shows initiative and makes the first move.

Also I just remembered another one, you could kiss a girl bad at the end of a date, and get totally friend zoned afterward. LOL

I should've clarified. Lol. I know a few women who liked a guy like me because they were so used to tough macho guys. I was refreshing to them.

But still. I hold the L.... in a way.... if you catch my hint.

I should've clarified. Lol. I know a few women who liked a guy like me because they were so used to tough macho guys. I was refreshing to them.

But still. I hold the L.... in a way.... if you catch my hint.

LOL Nah, how did you hold the L... in a way. Details, my boy, details.

Lynx_7

Pack your shit and go home, it's over man.
jk, maybe you'll find one, but it's definitely not the norm

Because PUAs (pick up artists) model interactions with the opposite sex with RPG-like rules:

used anecodate #12 for +12 charisma bonus

negged HB8 (hot bitch 8/10 attractiveness) to decrease her confidence by 5

dropped rohypnol in her drink to lower her intelligence by 7

used "remote car starter" spell to get the car running

she gets a saving throw -- wakes up.

FZ and possible jail time for me.

fucking bitches.

You win.

Hell, I just remembered another one. You could end up having sex with a Woman, and get friend zoned right afterward. LOL I've seen this happen a number of times.

riotous

Banned
Hell, I just remembered another one. You could end up having sex with a Woman, and get friend zoned right afterward. LOL I've seen this happen a number of times.

You could *insert any possible combination of circumstances* and then end up being just friends with someone.

Top Bottom