• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ August: Just Cause 3 and Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry

clintar

I just had all the free ps plus stuff in my cart and clicked on my cart and everything emptied. Now it says I'm not eligible to purchase or download this content...

I don't see why vector wouldn't be free, it says in the description it's free for ps+ owners through 9/5 and it's a year old niche mp title that I doubt anyone is even playing.

I don't see why vector wouldn't be free, it says in the description it's free for ps+ owners through 9/5 and it's a year old niche mp title that I doubt anyone is even playing.
For some reason Sony just wants to have a regional difference. Not sure as to what the details are cause I'm just a guy on his phone but get it now while you can.

Gaardus

It was only supposed to be offered to PS+ subscribers in Latin America, who weren't supposed to get Just Cause 3 this month. Everyone was accidentally given access to both.

autoduelist

not always.

heh, i was going to post 'with very limited exceptions'... but it seemed to complicated to get into.

generally speaking, over the years, they've honored their mistakes... even getting full games for the price of unrelated DLC, or completely for free.

more recently, they have 'fixed' some errors. on the plus side, they have never banned anyone or anything like that for taking advantage of their mistakes.

vypek

JC3 keeps crashing on me about ten minutes in. Great first impressions.

Take solace in the fact that you did not pay for it. I had multiple crashes in my playthrough on the non-patched version of the game. As much as someone tried to warn about JC3, I don't think many people will listen. Maybe it will work for others and you were just unfortunate.

EDIT: Or maybe the issues you are having will subside

It was only supposed to be offered to PS+ subscribers in Latin America, who weren't supposed to get Just Cause 3 this month. Everyone was accidentally given access to both.
Well that's disappointing as now it isn't free anymore and JC3 is a broken mess of a game and kind of a slap in the face to be offered as a ps+ game. Still salty about getting Abzu instead of Alienation like the EU a few months ago, especially since I haven't seen the latter go on sale once.

Neolombax

i still remember being super hyped to play JC3 last month, and when I finally got around to play it I was very disappointed. Deleted after about 1 hour of playing. The performance is pretty rough.

Shin

Banned
All the free games are there now no?

e184fcb6c2.jpg

I just "bought" JC3, no issue (US store).
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/free-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSFREEGAMES

xrnzaaas

JC3 keeps crashing on me about ten minutes in. Great first impressions.

Have you tried rebuilding the database? I haven't had a single crash and I've spent about 30 hours with the game (I did play the disc version if that changes anything).

dorikyasu

Has anyone else not received purchase confirmation email from Playstation Store regarding PS+ free games recently? The ones titled "Thank You For Your Purchase".
I used to receive confirmation email for every PS+ free game purchases, but haven't gotten one for July and nothing for this month's as well.
I have no CC tied to my account and have 2FA enabled, so I'm not too worried, but still strange to not receive confirmation as of late.

NewDust

Has anyone else not received purchase confirmation email from Playstation Store regarding PS+ free games recently? The ones titled "Thank You For Your Purchase".
I used to receive confirmation email for every PS+ free game purchases, but haven't gotten one for July and nothing for this month's as well.
I have no CC tied to my account and have 2FA enabled, so I'm not too worried, but still strange to not receive confirmation as of late.

Location? What e-mail client?

Got both confirmations from EU and US, and on gmail as well as outlook.

I'm still getting the e-mails, but I went years without getting them. Nothing changed and I eventually started getting them again. PSN sucks.

dorikyasu

Location? What e-mail client?

Got both confirmations from EU and US, and on gmail as well as outlook.
US, and using outlook & gmail as well.
I should have mentioned that I am receiving other purchase confirmation emails from Playstation Store, just not for PS+ free game ones.

Danneee

Sweet, now more people can be super disappointed by JC3.

Yep, just played for an hour and bad controls, frame rate (on a Pro), loading times (bonus connecting to online mode even when I choose offline the last time it couldn't connect) and all around a not very enjoyable experience. I had so much fun with JC2 but I really don't want to play this any more now.
To think that I actually pondered on buying the season pass for this!

Danneee

What's wrong with the controls? I'm getting that login failed shite too. Annoying.

They just feel off. Hard to aim and hit stuff because of the damn auto aim too (might be a toggle for that?) and everything from running to parachuting and driving just doesn't feel fun but unwieldy, the camera when driving is kind of bad too.

BigEmil

They just feel off. Hard to aim and hit stuff because of the damn auto aim too (might be a toggle for that?) and everything from running to parachuting and driving just doesn't feel fun but unwieldy, the camera when driving is kind of bad too.
Just Cause 3 console port is a absolute mess.

LAM09

We can live in hope that Avalanche have some sort of patch planned to fix this mess. Can't believe it's been out for almost two years and is still in a poor state on consoles.

Kssio_Aug

We can live in hope that Avalanche have some sort of patch planned to fix this mess. Can't believe it's been out for almost two years and is still in a poor state on consoles.

Sorry, but at this point there's no way they're gonna fix it.

NewDust

Lol... Keep dreaming. Or at leats you can live in hope for perpetuity.

I'm not very far but it seems pretty fun. Agreed on the driving though.

autoduelist

While I'm having those annoying log in issues, I'm [not] surprisingly okay with the frame rate so far. I have done destruction challenges in helicopters with no noticeable slowdown, and I've easily done speed challenges like 5 gear wingsuit challenges without issue.

I'm sure I'll see slowdown eventually, but... so far? Game is very playable.

Also - I signed off from PSN completely after the second connection issue, that seemed to help fix the issue [at least the check].

vypek

Maybe precision aiming will help you out here. But pretty sure it needs to be unlocked by doing a shooting mini game

_RT_

I really wish PSN would given us the ability to click one button that would put all of the plus games in our library. Especially given that we still have to manually click download.

Just played assassins creed and it's already been deleted. They really blew it with this ship combat.

Hoping Just Cause 3 is a bit more fun.

Top Bottom