• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Mirage | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Assasin's Creed Mirage will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 75 29.1%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 121 46.9%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sertopico

After finding out that 5 more people have been arrested I'd say the core business is more "Harassing Creed" oriented.

SCB3

I'm enjoying it, about 3 hours in, been easy but kinda refreshing, especially after lies of P lol, I play these games as a loose history lesson and the history of Baghdad is a great but sad one (the burning of the Baghdad library is one of the greatest tragedies of Human history for example)

My god though this game does not like being alt-tabbed though, its crashed a few times like that so far

Eiknarf

Banned
So far no
That's crazy!
Is the default perhaps set to "off"? Because this game has a Haptic Feedback Shirt that lets you feel the hits! A shirt!!

So how do they go out of their way to make a haptic feedback shirt but not make the PS5 Dualsense have any Haptic Feedback or Adaptive Triggers?

Anyone have a pic of the back of the box? It should read, "Vibration Function & Trigger Effect Supported" if it has it.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
That's crazy!
Is the default perhaps set to "off"? Because this game has a Haptic Feedback Shirt that lets you feel the hits! A shirt!!

So how do they go out of their way to make a haptic feedback shirt but not make the PS5 Dualsense have any Haptic Feedback or Adaptive Triggers?

Anyone have a pic of the back of the box? It should read, "Vibration Function & Trigger Effect Supported" if it has it.

Granted Im still at the dead beginning but I have knocked out some dudes and ran around a bit and I felt nothing major. Theres no pushback on triggers etc

Now, maybe once i suit up and get some tools and goodies it might be a different story. Keep ya posted.

GHG

UbiuoOa.jpg

Everyone get ready for the xray vision song.

Muffdraul

Started playing last night when it unlocked at 9PM, completed the prologue and went to bed right after essentially joining the assassins. So far so good. No glitches yet. Playing on hard, so far the only slight trouble I had was getting the timing for pickpocketing. Looking forward to playing as a bona fide assassin tonight and into the weekend.

That's crazy!

So I've completed the prologue and played a bit more after that and I can say the following things:
  • The main theme music fucking slaps
  • HDR implementation seems to be good
  • Rock solid 60 fps on the PS5 in perf mode
  • Haptic feedback is minimal and mostly present during cutscenes
  • The adaptive triggers are not being used from what I've played so far
  • There's a bit too much chromatic aberration for my taste so I hope they'll release a patch that lets you disable it
  • I feel like the main character controls better than in Valhalla (e.g. controls are more responsive/snappy)
  • the focus at least during the prologue was mostly on stealth and/or pickpocketing
  • Water quality and physics are a clear improvement over Valhalla and was something that immediately caught my eye
That's kinda it at the minute. Will continue playing tomorrow.

Last edited:
Main city looks solid, visually not that impressive, more of odyssey i would say. It's a step down from valhalla quality wise, NPC's still look last gen, and the new combat is just meh.

It's basically stealth and everything else removed, the normal combat is terrible, no more armor farming tho, but it's another step down after valhalla.

U can't climb everything anymore terrible. Outside the city the game looks a bit dated entirely. Lots of effects like fog and haze that just don't land well, whenever u walk in sand and u leaves imprints of your shoes in there looks terrible.

Game has some microstutter problems and it seems like some issue's with scaling towards lower resolutions on higher resolutin screens. Took me a while to fix that shit.

All with all if u are into the story, u probably will have a good time. but the combat in general is just not fun.

Basically combat bogs down towards, red character press alt to dodge, white character press q to parry, hit with sword in between. fucking dumb.

Also the detection of where enemy's is, has been improved but i find myself constantly sitting in that mode which kills the entire fibe of the game.

Also no framegeneration because ubisoft.

The game feels like a half arsed product that doesn't know what it wants to be.

God damn Ubisoft is pathetic. Visuals not improved from their last game? HDR still fucked like Valhalla? Combat still shit. These things simply should not be the way they are.

Kacho

Looks very washed out for me on the PS5, is the HDR broken or is it something I need to adjust?
Valhalla had HDR issues so you're likely having the same problem. I ended up disabling HDR entirely on my Xbox but there is a way to fix it. Let me see if I can hunt that down.

Here you go. Best of luck.
TL;DR: Close the game, turn off HDR in the Stadia menu, start the game, adjust the settings, close the game, turn on HDR, restart the game, check in the options menu if the preview images look fine. If they do: Win. If not: Start over until you’re satisfied.

Screenshot of the settings I’ve ended up with: https://stadia.google.com/capture/f241d5b0-1ba9-4bc3-843a-0c7ccd4ee79b

Basically the game blocks these settings when HDR is active. That’s a thing across the board so also for PC and consoles. It’s a fiddly mess to get things right and I’ve spent more time I’m happy with but in order to adjust the settings, you need to turn off HDR and relaunch it to make adjustments. The annoying thing is that, in order to confirm whatever you did is good, you have to quit the game, turn HDR back on and launch back into the game.

I found it easier to check the sample images of the options when HDR is back on rather than load the save. I’ve targeted the Brightness setting according to barely seeing the logo. Note that I also adjusted the HDR settings themselves and every screen will surely behave different.

Last edited:
So in this game RTX 3060 is beating PS5 and Xbox Series X easily.

PS5 and Xbox Series X running this game on 1080p 60 FPS mode and 30 Fps quality 30 fps at 2k according to this video.

RTX 3060 on 2K easily running the game on ultra settings on native resolution.

That dude doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Perf mode on PS5/XSX is 1440p+ easily, probably around 1600p or even higher and the 30fps mode is 4k.

Edit: IGN says that it's locked 4k in the 30 fps mode while the performance mode is using DRS with the upper bound being 1944p and the lower bound being 1620p on both XSX and PS5.

image.png

Last edited:

Ramz87

Valhalla had HDR issues so you're likely having the same problem. I ended up disabling HDR entirely on my Xbox but there is a way to fix it. Let me see if I can hunt that down.

Here you go. Best of luck.

Thanks a lot mate, will give that a try.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Looks very washed out for me on the PS5, is the HDR broken or is it something I need to adjust?
Increase the Cd/M2 to a little over the your TV capability and enable Live Colour(Sony) or Contrast Enhancer (Samsung)

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Bummed the ps5 version isn’t 4k60 native especially if the game isn’t better looking than previous titles.

Not sure I want to sit at my pc to play this on my 3080, but 4k ultra is hard to ignore for pc version and rock 60fps easy. Hmmm.

That dude doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Perf mode on PS5/XSX is 1440p+ easily, probably around 1600p or even higher and the 30fps mode is 4k.

Edit: IGN says that it's locked 4k in the 30 fps mode while the performance mode is using DRS with the upper bound being 1944p and the lower bound being 1620p on both XSX and PS5.

image.png
Still correct without any DLSS RTX 3060 is giving 35 FPS average on 4K ultra setting.

Still correct without any DLSS RTX 3060 is giving 35 FPS average on 4K ultra setting.

Your initial post said that it runs at 1080p 60fps in perf mode on PS5/XSX which was clearly wrong and then you doubled down when other posters called you out on it. If I were you I'd stay quiet on this.
Additionally the 4k mode on XSX/PS5 is locked at 30fps so we don't know how much headroom the GPU still has, so again, it's a dumb comparison to make since it's not apples to apples.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Is Ubi still using Bink Video for their games

The NPC faces are not far off the Starfield/Skyrim level sometimes. I can't believe they didn't make a bit of an effort...
This was the first thing I noticed. The character animations and textures are barely PS4 quality. This cross-gen shit is really holding us back.

Last edited:

Kacho

Is this the OT btw?

image.png
Console bros best be praying for Pro consoles next year or they’ll be stuck in 30fps purgatory with Assassin’s Creed Red.

Last edited:
Is this the OT btw?

Console bros best be praying for Pro consoles next year or they’ll be stuck in 30fps purgatory with Assassin’s Creed Red.
No one has claimed the OT for AC mirage sadly so we'll be using this review thread as the unofficial OT for the time being. :D
Maybe I'm just a pleb from playing on Switch too much but I think the game looks great on PS5 in performance mode. Faces are a little Ubisoft-jank as always but everything else is primo.
It really does, the image quality looks better than in AC Valhalla imo.

simpatico

So this was started as a DLC. Explains the size and scope. Does not advertising it as a mini game hurt the AC brand? People might be walking into this expecting a full entry.

Kacho

So this was started as a DLC. Explains the size and scope. Does not advertising it as a mini game hurt the AC brand? People might be walking into this expecting a full entry.
I doubt it. They were pretty clear about what this was in their marketing. It’s a side salad.

AssCreed Red next year is the big kahuna and Ubisoft will push that one to the moon.

simpatico

I doubt it. They were pretty clear about what this was in their marketing. It’s a side salad.

AssCreed Red next year is the big kahuna and Ubisoft will push that one to the moon.
Really? I read GAF everyday and own every single AC game and I didn't know the details until this thread was made.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Ok yeah this is cool though all it’s making me think of is a new Splinter Cell

Also bad story? Bad writing? Wat
It’s no Oscar winner but I’m more into what’s going on plot wise than I have been in a Creed game since who the fuck knows

Also the Templars/Order of the Ancients look creepy as fuck

1EYAbUW.jpg

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Played through till you get the first skill point.
Defaulted to UHD@70% ultra high for me, benchmark ran between 80-120fps so I could bump it a bit higher, but I like having my gpu sit at 60-70% and thus having my pc be entirely quiet.
Plays almost exactly like valhalla, seems to run and look better but also feels a bit more janky in some areas, it definitely feels "B-team"; it feels like what liberation was to AC3.
Gonna enjoy this regardless since it's one of my favourite franchises, but it's clear that this is an appetiser and AC: RED will be the main course, though at 40 bucks I can't complain.

Edit: oh and 30 fps cutscenes are booty, I also am not sure about the eagle vision now being back to being batman detective mode, why ever turn the wallhacks off if you don't have to?

Last edited:

M.W.

I'd enjoy it if the game didn't look like complete asshole with the chromatic aberration effect.

damidu

man isnt ca supposed to be around edges of the screen, why its smeared all over the place.
please tell me you can disable it through ini file or something

Played through till you get the first skill point.
Defaulted to UHD@70% ultra high for me, benchmark ran between 80-120fps so I could bump it a bit higher, but I like having my gpu sit at 60-70% and thus having my pc be entirely quiet.
Plays almost exactly like valhalla, seems to run and look better but also feels a bit more janky in some areas, it definitely feels "B-team"; it feels like what liberation was to AC3.
Gonna enjoy this regardless since it's one of my favourite franchises, but it's clear that this is an appetiser and AC: RED will be the main course, though at 40 bucks I can't complain.

Edit: oh and 30 fps cutscenes are booty, I also am not sure about the eagle vision now being back to being batman detective mode, why ever turn the wallhacks off if you don't have to?
Treated it as valhalla dlc and picked it up for 40, let's see in an hour.

Where are you guys getting this for 40 ? Or is this Euros or something other than dollars?

B2aodTc.jpg
Oc3HvHM.jpg
Zirb7Jl.jpg
cXL5kLl.jpg
5O9hgSX.jpg

You finally have to cut off your finger 👌🏼
These shots look awesome to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom