• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$1,000 to beat you up (an offer i received).

Mathieran

Banned
That's messed up. That guy is such a cheapskate too. 1000 dollars should grant you like 30 seconds of undefended ass beating. Should get like 100k for 2 hours, plus you should be able to at least dodge so there is some sport in it.

I would also require a medical staff on site plus maybe a couple other neutral people to make sure it didn't go too far. All hypothetical of course.

Dude is a coward for sure. Glad you didn't seriously entertain his offer.

SoulUnison

Banned
I think I would actually accept this offer.

I just dropped $900 on having my heater repaired, and they only half-did the job, but now I have $16, some cereal, some milk, a can of beans and a handful of eggs to get through the rest of the month.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hell no. The injuries could easily cost more than $1k to treat. $100k is when I'll start considering it, and even that an I rather just not.

vikki

Very rich that this psycho would call OP the pussy. he enjoys beating on "guys like you." This is some real creepy shit, please report him.

zer0das

Banned
I think I would actually accept this offer.

I just dropped $900 on having my heater repaired, and they only half-did the job, but now I have $16, some cereal, some milk, a can of beans and a handful of eggs to get through the rest of the month.

Or you could go to a food bank instead of destroying your health for $1,000.

Monocle

Apart from anything else, two hours for a beating is outrageously excessive. Like, there's no way this sadist could beat someone for that long without severely injuring or killing them.

Also, replacing the teeth he would definitely break would cost so much more than $1000.

black_13

Banned
Like others said, you should've taken the money upfront and then let him hit you once and then proceeded to kick his ass since he hit you first and then you are technically defending yourself.

Sounds like he has serious issues though.

jts

...hate me...
If we’re talking seriously about this arrangement, should never be done without:

a) money upfront

b) taking place at a neutral venue at least, but preferably arranged by you

c) have your own crew on you (where I’d include mostly people that can handle themselves and someone with first aid or medical knowledge and gear)

optionally but ideally:

d) a signed contract that commits him to pay for any health costs and out of the nose for extra damages like broken bones, permanent issues etc - and sets the hard limits where the beating stops. basically cover all your bases in ink.

If d) fails to be achieved there’s also nothing stopping you from fighting him back in case he goes too far. Or if you’re hurt, your people can intervene for you.

Money is still too low though.

That man 100% wants to murder you. Two hours and he won't stop even if you ask him? Dude.

Maybe he thinks if you agree to it it doesn't count as murder? "Your Honour, he definitely said it was OK, I have the text to prove it!"

javac

If he wanted to kill you he could have been more subtle about it, like let's have tea in this abandoned house, or let's talk about how far video games have come in this abandoned house.

KillLaCam

Banned
That's creepy. Art first I thought it was gonna be one of those "mma doesn't work" ppl just talking trash. But this is just strange.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
tumblr_nv0hx2gmwO1qk6x7io8_400.gif

Kneefoil

One grand sounds like an insultingly low price for something like this. This guy could've seriously hurt you.

Two whole hours? Can't tell him to stop? No way.

Dude, report him to the authorities before someone dumb enough accepts his offer.
This! So much this.

Reading your version of the story was fucked up enough, then I read his screen grabs.

Sounded straight up psychotic, someone with deep psychological issues looking to get it all out on someone with assault, rape, and who knows what.

I honestly let authorities track this mothefucker down and entrap him or something. You damn well know you're one of probably 150 people like you he's messaged.

It doesn't even make sense, "beating you up for 2 hours" 2 hours!? Two fucking hours???

I wouldn't let someone slap me for 2 seconds for 1000 bucks.

Careful out there man

This scene came to my mind as well

What the heck happened to this stupid show anyway? It way too overrated.

forms

I love fighting, i am trained in boxing and i am currently a professional boxer. I also like to fight dudes for fun, test out each other and shit (MMA, Boxing, Wrestling). I have had several matches already with guys i've met on wrestling sites and stuff. You get a profile, post pictures, send/receive messages and set up fights/matches. It's fun if you're into fighting/competing.

But then i received a message approx two months ago... (screen cap here):

I found it creepy, and i was in no way going to accept getting beat up for money, i love to compete and win. I'm not in it to loose. But the offer was bizarre and i was curious... so i kept the conversation ongoing. He wanted to beat me up for two hours, no headgear, i wouldn't be able to block strikes and even if i asked for him to stop he said he wouldn't. He said he wanted to see me bleed but he didn't want to seriously hurt me (this is a guy in his early 50's).

He then asked if i was okey with him renting a house to beat me up in... (screen cap here):

I was never gonna do it, but then i started thinking... if i were to actually arrive there. Who's to tell me that there isn't some other guy in the house?, or that he has set up something in order to seriously hurt me or worse... kill me?

Needless to say i told him that i wasn't going to go through with it (i never was going to) and this is how he reacted...

I honestly think i dodged a bullet here, what do you think dudes and dudettes?

He would probably hurt you quite severely. I would report this to the authorities, next victim might be someone younger in need of money.

I can't stop wondering about this. It's so strange from every angle. Does he actually think $1000 for two hours of one sided physical violence is an acceptable trade? If he wants to murder you it seems there are better ways to lure someone to your murder den. Like not saying you'll beat on them for two hours without you being able to interrupt him. And trying to act macho when he's the one looking to beat up a defenceless target...

Please report this guy OP or find whatever details you can.

doby

This was never a serious offer, they're fucking with you. Sounds like a fetish.

You've probably met/know whoever sent the messages and they were probably perfectly pleasent to you in the flesh.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
yeah sure he was going to "beat you up" more like he was going to light hit you and before you know it the only beating he would be doing is beating you off.

Bowl0l

Challenge the troll for 10x the amount. Then ask 10% the amount for deposit. Proceed to pass the money and all conversation records to the cops.

Want to "beat" OP
Rent a house just for the two of them
It'll last for 2 hour

Yup the dude want a slow sex with a highly train mexican stud

I can visualize the OP's severed head in this weird guys freezer. Scary.

He would probably hurt you quite severely. I would report this to the authorities, next victim might be someone younger in need of money.

This is a good point. I would call the cops too, before this guy kills someone.

HIR0

Think he wanted to trap you in a hole shirtless while you put the lotion on the skin.
OP if you had gone he would have killed you and wore your skin as a suit.

Jokes aside, like others had said, report his ass to the moderation team and to the police

DavidDesu

Finally came in to look at this thread. Two hours and you can’t defend yourself at all... yeah I’m pretty sure you’d end up dead. Guy sounds fucking insane.

Nipo

OP could have said "sure" rolled up with a group of people beat him, taken the money, and left. Whole thing is just too weird.

Fisty

Yep he was gonna beat you down and rape you. Should set up the date and meet him with the cops, or maybe ask the cops about any weird shit like this they have been investigating

Top Bottom